Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?

Go down 
+10
Joe
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
exact33
Dave the Boss
Leatherface
Sutekh
chewie
Required Fields
14 posters

The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!
What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Vote_lcap100%What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 18 ]
The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear
What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Vote_lcap0%What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult
What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Vote_lcap0%What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Of the three Naked Gun movies, which one did you like the best?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:06 pm

I like the first one!
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:10 pm

The first, no question. Endlessly quotable.

A parachute not opening... that's a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:02 am

First one. I saw it in the theaters when it first came out. The sequals are good, but the first can't be beat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:53 am

The first one. That's one of my all time favorite comedies.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:05 am

the first one. Great funny movie!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:47 am

I saw all three of'em in the theatre as they appeared back in the day. My fave will always be the first though. "I must...kill...the queen." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:18 am

Yea, number 1 easily.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:16 am

First one was the best! Saw all 3 in the theater lik FF
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:46 am

"Hey look! It's Enrico Palazzo!"

Laughing very hard

The baseball game scenes were hilarious. Definitely the first one!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Hard to beat the first one. Just thinking of the baseball stuff cracks me up.

Saw all three on opening night. I think the other two are very good sequels to the first.

I have to admit though I've never fully watched any of them since the O.J. stuff went down.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 6:05 am

first one...I think they are making a new one soon
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:39 pm

jstate wrote:
Hard to beat the first one. Just thinking of the baseball stuff cracks me up.

Saw all three on opening night. I think the other two are very good sequels to the first.

I have to admit though I've never fully watched any of them since the O.J. stuff went down.

Leslie Nielson has said he would never do another Naked Gun because of the O.J. stuff. At least though his character gets the crap beat out him in those movies.

The first two have the best quotable lines (I'm too lazy and it's been too long so I will get them from other sourses and paste:

Frank: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
Jane: Goodyear?
Frank: No, the worst.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank: Just think; next time I shoot someone, I could be arrested.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mayor: Now Drebin, I don't want any trouble like you had on the South Side last year, that's my policy.
Frank: Well, when I see five weirdos, dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's *my* policy!
Mayor: That was a Shakespeare-In-The-Park production of 'Julius Caesar,' you moron! You killed five actors! Good ones!

Frank: You take a chance getting up in the morning, crossing the street or sticking your face in a fan.

Frank: Jane, since I've met you, I've noticed things that I never knew were there before... birds singing, dew glistening on a newly formed leaf, stoplights.

[Frank Drebin is emptying out his files after being kicked off the force]
Frank: Hey! The missing evidence in the Kelner case! My God, he really was innocent!
Ed: He went to the chair two years ago, Frank.
Frank: Well, uh...
[Frank Drebin quickly shoves the evidence back into the file cabinet]

Jane: I wanted you to know, now, I've loved you since the first day I met you, and I'll never stop. I'm a very lucky woman.
Frank: So am I...

Ed: Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.

Ludwig: So they were able to get him to the hospital in time?
Frank: Yes, he's in the intensive care ward at Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle.

Nurse #2: Mrs. Nordberg, I think we can save your husband's arm. Where would you like it sent?

Mrs. Nordberg: Oh, my poor Nordberg! He was such a good man, Frank. He never wanted to hurt anyone. Who would do such a thing?
Frank: It's hard to tell. A gang of thugs, a blackmailer, an angry husband, a ga-hey lover...

Frank: I've finally found someone I can love - a good, clean love... without utensils.

[Frank recalls a prior love]
Frank: I'd known her for years. We used to go to all the police functions together. Ah, how I loved her, but she had her music. I think she had her music. She'd hang out with the Chicago Male Chorus and Symphony. I don't recall her playing an instrument or being able to carry a tune. Yet she was on the road 300 days of the year. In fact, I bought her a harp for Christmas. She asked me what it was.

[Frank Drebin walks through town]
Frank: [narrating] The attempt on Nordberg's life left me shaken and disturbed, and all the questions kept coming up over and over again, like bubbles in a case of club soda. Who was this character in the hospital? And why was he trying to kill Nordberg? And for whom? Did Ludwig lie to me? I didn't have any proof, but somehow, I didn't entirely trust him either. Why was the 'I Luv You' not listed in Ludwig's records? And if it was, did he know about it? And if he didn't, who did? And where the hell was I?

Ed: You want to take a dinghy?
Frank: No, I took care of that at the press conference.

Frank: A good cop - needlessly cut down by some cowardly hoodlums.
Ed: That's no way for a man to die.
Frank: No... you're right, Ed. A parachute not opening... that's a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go!
Wilma Nordberg: [cries] Oh... Frank. This is terrible!
Ed: Don't you worry, Wilma. Your husband is going to be alright. Don't you worry about anything. Just think positive. Never let a doubt enter your mind.
Frank: He's right, Wilma. But I wouldn't wait until the last minute to fill out those organ donor cards.
[Wilma cries again]
Ed: What I'm trying to say is that, Wilma, as soon as Nordberg is better, he's welcome back at Police Squad.
Frank: ...Unless he's a drooling vegetable. But I think that's only common sense.
[Wilma cries again]

Driving instructor: All right, Stephanie, gently extend your arm. Extend your middle finger. Very good. Well done.

Ed: [after Ludwig has been hit with a poison Dart, fallen off a building, run over by a car and a steam roller and trampled by a marching band] Oh, Frank! It's horrible. It's so horrible!
Frank: [comforts Ed] I know...
Ed: My father went the same way...

Vincent Ludwig: Drebin!
Jane: Frank!
Frank: You're both right.

Frank: It's a topsy-turvy world, and maybe the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans. But this is our hill. And these are our beans!

Det. Nordberg: Drugs... drugs...
Frank: Nurse! Get this man some drugs! Can't you see he's in pain?
[nurse administers drugs]
Det. Nordberg: No... no...
[pulls Frank towards him]
Det. Nordberg: Heroin, Frank! Heroin...
Frank: Uh... that's a pretty tall order, Nordberg. You'll have to give me a couple of days on that one.

Frank: I'm sorry. I can't hear you! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Frank Drebin: Well... We shot a lot of people together. It's been great. But today I retire, so if I do any shooting now, it'll have to be within the confines of my own home. Hopefully, an intruder and not an in-law, like at my bachelor party

Frank Drebin: Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.

More to come, my internet is about to freeze up on me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:57 pm

The first one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Naked Gun movie?   What is your favorite Naked Gun movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1