Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Disaster Movie?

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
jstate
Leatherface
Required Fields
thejokeriv
chewie
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
14 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Favorite Disaster Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Simple, what if your favorite Disaster movie? Elements of disasters would be..

End of the world
Fire
Tornado
Shipwreck
Airplane Crash
Hurricanes
Buildings.................anything along those lines...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:47 pm

I grew up during the Golden Age of the Disaster Movie (1970s/early 80s) so I saw bunches of'em. I haven't seen a lot of the oldies in a long time but I remember loving "The Towering Inferno" w/Paul Newman and Steve McQueen (and O.J. Simpson in his film debut, as a building security guard who spends most of the movie kicking down doors and going into smoky rooms saying "Hellloooooo? Is anybody in here?") and "The Poseidon Adventure" (still a great one!) the most. The problem with a lot of those movies is that they don't age particularly well. When I see them nowadays they're good for a blast of nostalgia but not much else. I recently saw "Meteor" (the late 70s equivalent of "Armageddon" or "Deep Impact") for the first time in 20+ years and it was fun, but totally ridiculous at the same time. Favorite Disaster Movie? 201269

A lot of the modern ones (i.e. "Volcano," "The Day After Tomorrow") are ridiculous too, but at least the special effects are cooler. My seven year old loves "Day After Tomorrow," we went out and bought that DVD a while ago.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:53 pm

When Worlds Collide
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:24 pm

'Gojira' or 'Independance Day'..
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Y2K The Movie!!!

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Favorite Disaster Movie? Earthquake_movie

I've always liked this one
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:56 pm

OOH!! OOH!! Definitely these two:
Favorite Disaster Movie? ThedayafterFavorite Disaster Movie? Threadsmoviecover
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
' 'Independance Day'..

Awesome one and the one that kicked off the new disaster craze
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:04 pm

This thread makes me think of my most despised movie of all time, Disaster Movie. Which calls itself Disaster Movie, yet the movies it references aren't even disaster movies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:13 pm

chewie wrote:
OOH!! OOH!! Definitely these two:
Favorite Disaster Movie? Thedayafter

Saw that when it first aired on TV - scared the hell out of me! Of course, it was the early 80's and the USSR had tons of nukes ready to blow us all to hell.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:50 am

Favorite Disaster Movie? Def-Con4
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:31 am

I know it gets a lot of hate, but one of my favorites is Stallone's Daylight.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 am

Quote :
Airplane Crash

Would Airplane! count? If so, that's my favorite. Otherwise I got nothing. Those disaster-type movies (the few I've seen) do not appeal to me.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:51 am

My favorite genre of all movies probably. I dont think I ever seen a bad disaster movie. Some of my favorites are..

The Day After Tomorrow, Independence Day, Dante's Peak, The Core, Volcano, Twister, Daylight, Poseidon (remake), Titanic, 2012, War of Worlds (remake), Armageddon, Deep Impact, and so may more I cant pick a fav but I would say Armageddon.

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Airplane Crash

Would Airplane! count? If so, that's my favorite. Otherwise I got nothing. Those disaster-type movies (the few I've seen) do not appeal to me.

"Surely you can't be serious"

I always liked the 70s disaster movies when I was growing up. The Towering Inferno,Earthquake,every Airport movie,Tidal Wave (a Japanese movie,if I remember right),Poseidon Adventure were all great to watch.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:04 am

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:40 am

The Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure and Twister get's my votes

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:05 pm

I saw Def-Con 4 in the theater.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:21 pm

War of the Worlds (remake) is probably my favourite. It's a crappy genre for me though, terrible scripts, acting and over-the-top events. At least the special effects are good.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:35 am

detuned wrote:
I saw Def-Con 4 in the theater.
I saw it on VHS. I'd like to get the DVD, but it's OOP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Garyah
Metal novice
Metal novice
Garyah

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:16 pm

The original Posiden and Indepedance Day
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/garyah1962
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Disaster Movie?   Favorite Disaster Movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Disaster Movie?
Page 1 of 1