Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?

Go down 
+14
manny
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Joe
James B.
Ben Grimm
Addy
sheets
Shawn Of Fire
Gilbert
Alex Dee Rokket
mc666
exact33
metalhead13
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:25 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
The thing which annoys me is that all these bands are now releasing or re-releasing their albums on vinyl and not only do not I have a record player but all the albums that I own are in CD format.

I just don't want to re-purchase the same albums again just so I have them in vinyl. Well of course vinyl does sound a tad better but it is also quite a bit more expensive, and I would have to re-purchase many of the albums I like... as cool and as good as it is, it's just not feasible for me at this stage.

I'm with you. Maybe if I ever have a great paying job with spending money to spare I will start a collection.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Rostov
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rostov

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: I really tried, but in the end couldn't do it...   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
The only thing I didn't like on DM was the production although that seems to have grown on me as of late. For a long time, when it came to listening to DM I would put on the Guitar Hero version which sounds imo considerably better though not perfect.

The production really bothers me. Out of all of the places I listen to music, by far the majority is here at work with headphones. And that... abomination is one of the worst sounding albums I have in my entire collection, rivaled only by two:
  • CDs of a local band bought at a Type O Negative concert
  • The original Enemies of Reality Nevermore.

Seriously awful.

What made it extra worse was Lars 'Not Clear on the Concept but I'll Yell and smurfette Anyway' Ulrich. He whines and cries about people 'picking on them' when the album came out and gets overly defensive about it: when in reality people weren't criticizing (mostly) the songs but the PRODUCTION. Really? You mean to tell me, Capt Ulrich, that you don't listen to that CD and go "that sounds godawful"? Perhaps too many years at your own concerts have truly wrecked your eardrums.

Then, the more I listened to the CD the more I just felt like: this isn't Metallica. This is Metallica trying to be Metallica. The old Metallica. My opinion however is that ultimately the attempt was a failure. I don't find the songs to be memorable, and even though they include (OMFG)(yawn)solos(arguable?) -- the album just feels flat and unmemorable.

In my catalog of their material I will keep in play rotation or acknowledge at all in conversation, it ends with the Black Album, and even there tenuously at best.

Of course this is all just my humble opinion so if you enjoy the album, I applaud you: what enjoyment you can get out of life is all for the better. is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:26 pm

Well the only way this band can go is up considering the last 2 albums were absolute garbage. St Anger was as low as you can go! Death Magnetic was a much better follow up only because St Anger was so horrible. Death Magnetic is retarded too though. The next album they should be able to prove themselves to their fans again.

Still, I am not a fan. I do respect what they have done but thats as far as that goes.

I think people really get on this band because of how classic they were and won't let them go and will buy anything from them no matter how horrible it is.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:54 am

Lurideath wrote:
I think people really get on this band because of how classic they were and won't let them go and will buy anything from them no matter how horrible it is.

Well that's certainly not the case with me. I gave up on Metallica after Load came out and never got anything new from them until DM. I am not a Metallica fanboy anymore but I did genuinly like DM and think it's better than Load, Re-Load, and definatly better than St. Anger. Still it doesn't touch the material from Kill Em All-TBA.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalhead13
Metal novice
Metal novice
metalhead13

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:51 pm

metallica kicks ass and i would like to see a new album soon i liked death magnetic but st anger just totally put me down so i dont know how a new album would be and they are getting a little older theese days
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:39 am

This is as close as you're gonna get for anything "new" from Metallica for the time being it seems...

Quote :

Metallica are to release a live EP, which will be available through 700 independent record stores in America.

Called Live At Grimey’s, it was recorded on June 12, 2008, in the basement of Grimey’s Record Store in Nashville. The audience consisted of Metallica fan club members and a few friends. The EP will be released on November 26, in CD and 10” formats. The full track listing is:

1. 1. No Remorse
    2. Fuel
    3. Harvester of Sorrow
    4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    5. For Whom The Bell Tolls
    6. Master Of Puppets
    7. Sad But True
    8. Motorbreath
    9. Seek And Destroy

Apart from the record stores, the EP is also to be sold through http://www.metallica.com/ and http://www.metclub.com/

Click here to see Metallica & Ray Davies playing 'You Really Got Me'. Yeeeeeea-ah!
http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=603384

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2