Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?

Go down 
+14
manny
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Joe
James B.
Ben Grimm
Addy
sheets
Shawn Of Fire
Gilbert
Alex Dee Rokket
mc666
exact33
metalhead13
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
metalhead13
Metal novice
Metal novice
metalhead13

Number of posts : 4

is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Empty
PostSubject: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 pm

my freind told me Metallica was going to start recording a new album in early 2011 and i dont know if its true or not is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? 438278
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:13 pm

there will be a shortage of garbage can lids Smile

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:25 pm

i doubt they will record one that soon. who knows though?

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:03 pm

I actually like Death Magnetic a lot. I couldn't stand St Anger but I thought they followed up with a pretty strong album.

I saw the live on the current tour and while at first I was skeptical I was totally blown away by how awesome they were at the end of the show.

As far as a new album is concerned - the band wants to take 6 months off but they have stated numerous times that they already have various ideas and riffs for the next album. More recently I believe Hetfield stated that he does not want the band to take another 5 years before they release a new album. He basically said 5 years is too long between albums. So my guess is we're likely to see something either towards the end of 2011 or around mid 2012.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:35 pm

When Death Magnetic came out Lars said that it would most likely be 4-5 years before they released another one. After the long tour I think they want to take a year off and spend time with the families. After all, they definitely don't need the money...

I still like Death Magnetic. I put it away for about a year and then played it several times recently.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:07 am

Barely spinned DM a couple of times.

To me, Metallica simply died after Master of Puppets, the greatest album of all time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:51 am

I am not a fan of DM but when I took my son to see the tour last year I have to admit the new songs fit well between the classics...

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:21 am

I like DM. I am hoping they continue down the direction towards finding their roots...

sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:13 pm

I thought there was a rumor that they had their first live album coming up?

I still listen to Death Magnetic often and I'm looking forward to whatever they do next.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:04 pm

metalhead13 wrote:
my freind told me Metallica was going to start recording a new album in early 2011 and i dont know if its true or not is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? 438278

I read on Wikipedia that they were going to hit the studio sometime in 2011 to start work on another album
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:06 pm

I don't care anymore, Metallica ends after And Justice for me, the Black album is good but I heard it too many times, and it did not hold up. DM does not hold a candle to anything they did prior to the Black album
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:25 pm

If metallica got another/better drummer, who knows? Death Magnetic sounded too much "cut and paste" with no flow. Perhaps I should've went and saw them and experinced the new tunes in that live environment. Even though I havn't got into much of their output since "Justice", they still have a place as "one" of those bands to me. Those first three lps had an impact on my musical taetes, as well as endeavors. Hopefully, the band can get something to "jive" again. Not talkin' "Ride The Master Of The Lightning Puppets II". Just something honest in effortt.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:36 pm

James B. wrote:
If metallica got another/better drummer, who knows? Death Magnetic sounded too much "cut and paste" with no flow. Perhaps I should've went and saw them and experinced the new tunes in that live environment. Even though I havn't got into much of their output since "Justice", they still have a place as "one" of those bands to me. Those first three lps had an impact on my musical taetes, as well as endeavors. Hopefully, the band can get something to "jive" again. Not talkin' "Ride The Master Of The Lightning Puppets II". Just something honest in effortt.

I thought DM was a step in the right direction. I enjoyed it for what it was - a decent metal cd.

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:32 pm

sheets wrote:
I thought there was a rumor that they had their first live album coming up?

I would be more excited for that, rather than a new studio album.

DM was ok. I think it should have been shorter. I havn't spun it in awhile. If there is a new album, there better not be an Unforgiven IV. sick
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:35 pm

I liked DM, it was a decent return to form and the best thing they did sicne TBA. If they continue in the right direction I will be looking forward to a new album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:50 pm

The only thing I didn't like on DM was the production although that seems to have grown on me as of late. For a long time, when it came to listening to DM I would put on the Guitar Hero version which sounds imo considerably better though not perfect.

I liked all the songs on DM, so I cannot complain at all. The album in a way fills the gap between Justice and Black Album. I'm not so concerned with how the next album will sound like - I'll either like it or I won't. St Anger was one of those albums by Metallica that I couldn't get into - the drums sounded like trashcans and the songs just went nowhere. Having said that, those songs actually seemed better in a live setting. The problem I found with St Anger was that it ended up being a glorified demo. That album sold 1 million copies, which goes to show that 1 million people will buy anything with Metallica's name on it.

I'm far more concerned about the choice of producer for the next album. Personally I would go for Andy Sneap because he has the talent of bringing out the best out of every musician he works with. I think he could work miracles for Metallica, much the same as he did with Accept on their new album.

Andy Sneap is slowly becoming the George Lucas or Spielberg of producing metal albums. He's worked with so many bands, taking them to the next level.

It only makes sense for Metallica to use someone like him now. Especially as they are all about making heavier albums and rekindling with their past.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:58 pm

I love DM - I think it is a FANTASTIC album!!! I actually have the Vinyl and it sounds better than the CD because it doesn't seem to have the same mastering as the CD and sounds better than the GH version.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:02 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I love DM - I think it is a FANTASTIC album!!! I actually have the Vinyl and it sounds better than the CD because it doesn't seem to have the same mastering as the CD and sounds better than the GH version.

Wow you are right!

I just checked out a sample on youtube and it sounds considerably better than the CD version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:18 am

There is also a 5-LP 45RPM issue of Death Magnetic, half speed mastered at Mobile Fidelity. It's pricey...

Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:57 am

The thing which annoys me is that all these bands are now releasing or re-releasing their albums on vinyl and not only do not I have a record player but all the albums that I own are in CD format.

I just don't want to re-purchase the same albums again just so I have them in vinyl. Well of course vinyl does sound a tad better but it is also quite a bit more expensive, and I would have to re-purchase many of the albums I like... as cool and as good as it is, it's just not feasible for me at this stage.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:34 am

I thought 'DM' was a great especially after the disappointing 'St. Anger'
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:18 am

I dug DEATH MAGNETIC. It was the first Metallica album that really did anything for me in a very, VERY long time. It's not perfect but at least they seemed to be enjoying themselves and having fun for the first time in a while.

Saw the tour and was pleasantly surprised that the set list ignored the CHOAD, RE-CHOAD and ST. CRAPFEST albums entirely... it was all either new D.M. tracks or old school.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I dug DEATH MAGNETIC. It was the first Metallica album that really did anything for me in a very, VERY long time. It's not perfect but at least they seemed to be enjoying themselves and having fun for the first time in a while.

Saw the tour and was pleasantly surprised that the set list ignored the CHOAD, RE-CHOAD and ST. CRAPFEST albums entirely... it was all either new D.M. tracks or old school.

I think the band may have finally got the hint....

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:23 am

detuned wrote:
There is also a 5-LP 45RPM issue of Death Magnetic, half speed mastered at Mobile Fidelity. It's pricey...

Nice!!!! I just have the regular old Vinyl pressing.... not the 180 gram pressing
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:32 am

I thought DM was ok -shrugs- Ive never been a big time fan of Metallica
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?   is Metallica makeing another album in 2011? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is Metallica makeing another album in 2011?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next