Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?

Go down 
+5
sam
XYZ
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
fingers
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Empty
PostSubject: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:28 am

For the sake of mankind is way better than Metallica's black album the riffs are more raw the production is superb polished in a non overproduced way and way better songwriting and Erik H sings better than James Hetfield. The negative aspects of the black album are that even though most of the songs are good that the production is overproduced making it too poppy and songs like Enter Sandman would sound better if they were tuned down like I heard some of the black album songs live at Woodstock 99 and they sound way better

Last edited by fingers on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:39 am

Um....okay, if you say so.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:24 am

For the Sake Of Mankind is a great CD. However, I'm not sure what the comparison is between it and Metallica's black album. Artch have more in common with bands like Metal Church and Vicious Rumors than they do with Metallica.

What made you compare these two albums fingers?

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 am

ultmetal wrote:

To get attention. Smile
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:42 am

Say what?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:43 pm

Just depends on the listener really. I personally will say Artch is better than that Metallica album by a long shot. But I will also agree that Artch is more along the lines of Metal Church and Vicious Rumors.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:09 pm

The only Artch song that can somewhat be compared to Metallica is "Reincarnation" from the debut. But for some reason Artch have always been likened to Metallica. Heck, I think I've done it myself on occasions. Probably becasue I know that several of the members are 'tallica fans themselves.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:28 pm

There are lots of albums that are better than Metallica's black album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:
For the Sake Of Mankind is a great CD. However, I'm not sure what the comparison is between it and Metallica's black album. Artch have more in common with bands like Metal Church and Vicious Rumors than they do with Metallica.

Alot of you would disagree with me but I personally think that Artch album sounds like Bruce Dickinson singing for the black album ok with a heavy Metal Church influence blended in of course. I have never heard of Vicious Rumours.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:29 pm

fingers wrote:
I have never heard of Vicious Rumours.

Definitely be sure to check out their first few albums. Very solid traditional heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 6:46 pm

Required Fields wrote:
fingers wrote:
I have never heard of Vicious Rumours.

Definitely be sure to check out their first few albums. Very solid traditional heavy metal.

will do
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:08 pm

I am going with the s/t Metallica on this one. I like For the Sake of Mankind well enough, I just don't love it. If you had put Another Return to Church Hill against the black album, then it's a whole different game. Peace.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:21 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I am going with the s/t Metallica on this one. I like For the Sake of Mankind well enough, I just don't love it. If you had put Another Return to Church Hill against the black album, then it's a whole different game. Peace.

🤘

PostSubject: Re: Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?   Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artch FTOM or Metallica's balck album?
Page 1 of 1