Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist

Go down 
+29
nevermore
Boris2008
speed101
mikeinfla
James B.
jstate
TheDoctor'sScarf
DeathCult
metalinmyveins
Eyesore
arttieTHE1manparty
Getizzyback
Troublezone
Gilbert
Lurideath
Leatherface
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
kmorg
Shawn Of Fire
Waylon
exact33
krokus
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
manny
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:42 pm

manny wrote:

they even had an appearance on Oprah.

...and a seal of approval from The Mighty Oprah is like being handed a blank check. Just ask any of the authors who've been picked for her Book Club recommendations.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:48 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Well, in some cases it has worked extremely well, ala Journey. If the music is good I could be interested in this but we'll see.

Yeah, but the Journey experiment flopped....

Arttie

I'm not entirely sure that thier first platinum album in 14 years counts as a "flop"... but it certainly doesn't mean it was good. Razz

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Well, in some cases it has worked extremely well, ala Journey. If the music is good I could be interested in this but we'll see.

Yeah, but the Journey experiment flopped....

Arttie

I'm not entirely sure that thier first platinum album in 14 years counts as a "flop"... but it certainly doesn't mean it was good. Razz

You didn't like it? I thought it was really solid album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Journey isn't special anymore. The singer changes and the influx of sound-alikes in the underground (irony, I know) has rendered them fairly common. Were Perry still with them at this point it might be different. But as it stands there are plenty of other bands that are just as good as the current incarnation of what passes for Journey...for me, the current incarnation of the band carries no magic.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Despite this not really being Quiet Riot, the new guys sound really good. Dude has some range, too. Check out the end.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:05 pm

Bump for news...

Quote :
Resurrected '80s hard rockers QUIET RIOT have parted ways with their frontman of a little over a year, San Diego, California-based vocalist Mark Huff.

The band has recruited ex-MONTROSE singer Keith St. John

No reason was given for his departure.

Mods, feel free to pull this back from the dead and repost in the appropriate section.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for news...

Quote :
Resurrected '80s hard rockers QUIET RIOT have parted ways with their frontman of a little over a year, San Diego, California-based vocalist Mark Huff.

Mods, feel free to pull this back from the dead and repost in the appropriate section.

I think this scab version of Quiet Riot should call it a day
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:38 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for news...

Quote :

And do what, work at Burger King? This is their income.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:54 pm

How 'bout billing themselves as 'The Slick Black Cadillacs: The Ultimate QR Tribute Band Featuring Frankie Banali' ? It'd have to be a mighty big marquee though.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 pm

As long as people will pay to go see Quiet Riot, regardless of lineup, then Frankie will keep it up...no reason not to.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for news...

Quote :

I am sure you right since royalties for their old recordings aren't exactly bringing them big bucks anymore. I understand why Banali is doing this, he worked for over twenty years to establish the name Quiet Riot and not his own name, but a band should be more then just another product on a shelf like a box of Tide.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Not sure about the other guys, but Frankie does allot of studio work, doesn't he? That probably pays the bills better than the occasional QR gig in some small half-empty club.

Eh, what do I care? It's not like I'm going to see them anyway. They wanna play as QR, go for it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for news...

Quote :

When I used to be part of the Metallica Club years ago, one would receive a monthly magazine. At the end of each magazine there was a section devoted to club members asking band members all types of questions. Some were band related, and some were just plain bizarre. One of the questions that I will always remember was posed to Kirk. It asked , "Would you rather play for Quiet Riot or work at Burger King (where Kirk had worked as a teenager)"? Kirk's reply: Do you want fries with that. Laughing very hard

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not sure about the other guys, but Frankie does allot of studio work, doesn't he? That probably pays the bills better than the occasional QR gig in some small half-empty club.

Eh, what do I care? It's not like I'm going to see them anyway. They wanna play as QR, go for it.

Yep he is studio guy who stays pretty busy
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Wow, I had forgotten they even reformed, already a new vocalist eh? Quiet Riot hasn't really interested me for years now, this "tribute" line up doesn't sound too bad live. Have to wonder if a new record would really work all that well though, Dubrow was such a large part of the bands creative force.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:02 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Wow, I had forgotten they even reformed, already a new vocalist eh? Quiet Riot hasn't really interested me for years now, this "tribute" line up doesn't sound too bad live. Have to wonder if a new record would really work all that well though, Dubrow was such a large part of the bands creative force.

He was the main creative force of Quiet Riot.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:05 pm

They were a band that was much greater than the sum of its parts: Kevin's voice was a key ingredient to Quiet Riot's overall sound.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:09 pm

I would imagine they probably do alright with royalties. And if that dried up they could (and maybe they do) make some money on licensing the songs off Mental Health. Although thinking about it their biggest hit would be a money maker for Slade rather than QR.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:17 pm

jstate wrote:
I would imagine they probably do alright with royalties. And if that dried up they could (and maybe they do) make some money on licensing the songs off Mental Health. Although thinking about it their biggest hit would be a money maker for Slade rather than QR.

I'm sure the royalties work out well for the likes of the late Kevin Dubrow's estate (some relative might receive a few dollars). Carlos Cavazo was really the only other song writer in that band, when the band was at their peak. I'm sure Banali survives on touring and touring alone. When he was on "That Metal Show" last year, he was basically groveling for some cash to finance what I believe to be some sort of Quiet Riot documentary? He told the audience, they were looking for donations. The funny thing was, Phil Collen was sitting right next to him during the show, and the whole time I was thinking, I bet Frankie wishes he had Phil's life...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Quote :
When he was on "That Metal Show" last year, he was basically groveling for some cash to finance what I believe to be some sort of Quiet Riot documentary? He told the audience, they were looking for donations. The funny thing was, Phil Collen was sitting right next to him during the show, and the whole time I was thinking, I bet Frankie wishes he had Phil's life...

...or he was hoping "C'mon Phil, open your freakin' wallet already. You could probably finance my documentary just from the loose bills in your pockets."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Just because Frankie was tryin to hustle cash for a documentary doesn't mean he is broke. A sound business model is getting the majority of start up capital from outside sources. Usually, once the "product" is completed from those private resources and another business entity purchases that product. The investors are repaid and usually also receive a percentage of gross receipts/sales.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Is Rehab any good? I can get it for $3.99, but always pass on it, assuming it's poopy.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Is Rehab any good? I can get it for $3.99, but always pass on it, assuming it's poopy.

your inter-web savvy.......sure ya can "click" some samplage.

Here's what a dumb @$$ biker scrounged up......sounds pretty decent too me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:57 pm

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Hmmm..... never heard that album. Not impressed!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:00 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Hmmm..... never heard that album. Not impressed!

If it was Quiet Maiden or Iron Riot.....would that change your mind Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next