Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist

Go down 
+29
nevermore
Boris2008
speed101
mikeinfla
James B.
jstate
TheDoctor'sScarf
DeathCult
metalinmyveins
Eyesore
arttieTHE1manparty
Getizzyback
Troublezone
Gilbert
Lurideath
Leatherface
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
kmorg
Shawn Of Fire
Waylon
exact33
krokus
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
manny
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'll check 'em out.

I really dig Molly Hatchet even with a new vocalist replacing the deceased Danny Joe Brown. Who knows, it could be good and at least it keeps the music and memory of Kevin alive.

the big difference is that Danny Joe Brown had quit Molly Hatchet and had not been a member for years when he passed away and Molly Hatchet have never stopped recording and touring, not to mention there was more then one songwriter in that band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:07 pm

DuBrow was the soul of Quiet Riot......for evidence of this fact, listen to 1988's Self Titled album. Shortino is a superb singer, but with DuBrow, the band really was hurting.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:19 pm

I'm not much as a QR fan, but it doesn't seem right to replace Kevin. I know he's playing in Ratt now, but I wonder if Carlos was asked to rejoin the group?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:21 pm

manny wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I'll check 'em out.

I really dig Molly Hatchet even with a new vocalist replacing the deceased Danny Joe Brown. Who knows, it could be good and at least it keeps the music and memory of Kevin alive.

the big difference is that Danny Joe Brown had quit Molly Hatchet and had not been a member for years when he passed away and Molly Hatchet have never stopped recording and touring, not to mention there was more then one songwriter in that band.

SpectreFate wrote:
DuBrow was the soul of Quiet Riot......for evidence of this fact, listen to 1988's Self Titled album. Shortino is a superb singer, but with DuBrow, the band really was hurting.

Right. I get all that. I'm just sayin', I'll check 'em out first and make my decision after I hear 'em. A lot of people hate MH because it's not DJB behind the mic. I like them. So maybe I'll like QR too. Who knows. Won't judge until I hear 'em.

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Quote :
if Carlos was asked to rejoin the group?[/u]

He was asked to rejoin before "Rehab" was recorded and he refused. Kevin said in an interview that at that point, he would never be asked back. Same goes with Sarzo, but he has never been asked to come back since the "Guilty Pleasures" period.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:39 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

He was asked to rejoin before "Rehab" was recorded and he refused. Kevin said in an interview that at that point, he would never be asked back. Same goes with Sarzo, but he has never been asked to come back since the "Guilty Pleasures" period.

So that was Kevin asking. I wonder if Frankie reached out to either of those guys for this new line-up. At least with those 2, it would seem more like Quiet Riot with a new singer instead of a QR tribute band. Just wondering. Makes no difference to me either way.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

So that was Kevin asking. I wonder if Frankie reached out to either of those guys for this new line-up. At least with those 2, it would seem more like Quiet Riot with a new singer instead of a QR tribute band. Just wondering. Makes no difference to me either way.

I would still cry out bullsh!t but it would be more legit version of Quiet Riot, if this version of the band records new material I will give it a chance but Quiet Riot without Dubrow I could not imagine being accepted.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:02 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I would still cry out bullsh!t but it would be more legit version of Quiet Riot, if this version of the band records new material I will give it a chance but Quiet Riot without Dubrow I could not imagine being accepted.

You are probably right. They won't generally be accepted by most fans.

Molly Hatchet have the same problem.

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Why are people so concerned about who the singer is of a band? I know, they are often the face people see but if these guys want to keep making music and they have the rights to use the name, why not let them. Take Accept, they put out a great album when many thought Udo would be unreplaceable. I understand the feelings to some degree but what other business is this even an issue in?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:15 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Why are people so concerned about who the singer is of a band? I know, they are often the face people see but if these guys want to keep making music and they have the rights to use the name, why not let them. Take Accept, they put out a great album when many thought Udo would be unreplaceable. I understand the feelings to some degree but what other business is this even an issue in?

For me, it depends on how big a fan I am of the band in question. For QR and Accept, I'm pretty indifferent. I'll make a decision based on the output. For Aerosmith, I just can't image seeing/hearing them with another voice behind the mic.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:37 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

Because in rock music you grow an attachement to the vocalist, he or she is literally the voice of the band, and are the ones who connect with the audience. a band should not just be collection of random musicians, they are a band, an artistic form of self expression and who is in the band is important, a band's name should be not be treated as just another brand name like it is a box of Tide.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
This just in: Jorn Lande is the new vocalist for the band Dio!

Mike Portnoy will be sitting behind the kit as well.

is jorn no longer in masterplan lol!

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 4:00 pm

manny wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Because in rock music you grow an attachement to the vocalist, he or she is literally the voice of the band, and are the ones who connect with the audience. a band should not just be collection of random musicians, they are a band, an artistic form of self expression and who is in the band is important, a band's name should be not be treated as just another brand name like it is a box of Tide.

Its kinda like the Rolling stones without Jagger. It just wouldnt be right.

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:54 pm

kmorg wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Did anyone listen to the medley? This dude sounds uncannily close to Dubrow.

No he doesn't.

Eh, yes he does Very Happy

Like a watered down clone, so yeah, he's the perfect tribute band singer!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:32 am

Maybe playing live as QR would be harmless. I don't know about a new CD though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:56 pm

I look forward to this. I have been a big Quiet Riot fan since 1983.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:56 am

Only QR album i own is Metal health. Never felt the need to invest more into them. But i guess i'm mistaken. I should.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:54 am

Another case of...

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 692390
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Another case of...

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 692390

You are correct....

My take is, kinda like a brand name.....Frankie might think he gets more consideration with the QR tag instead of starting a new "Generic Band", where he knows no one would take him seriously what so ever.

I thought Frankie was drumming for W.A.S.P.?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am

Quote :
I thought Frankie was drumming for W.A.S.P.?

He's a session guy that has played on the last few albums, but I don't believe he tours with WASP. That's whats probably paying the bills.

Quote :
My take is, kinda like a brand name.....Frankie might think he gets more consideration with the QR tag instead of starting a new "Generic Band", where he knows no one would take him seriously what so ever.

You're probably right. He could easily throw together a few other LA Strip scene regulars and put together a decent enough group, but seeing the words QUIET RIOT on the marquee is what's gonna sell tickets.

Still kinda lame though.

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:03 pm

I undestand what you guys mean about a singer but i'm willing to give 'em a shot. So many bands have changed singers and I still really like them so i'm trying to be fair to them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:25 pm

In other Quiet Riot "news"...

Quote :

Quiet Riot Speaks Out Against Nation's Poor Metal Health Care

LOS ANGELES—In their first public appearance since breaking up three years ago, surviving members of the hard-rock band Quiet Riot reunited Friday to raise awareness of the urgent need for metal health care reform. "The state of affairs in this country is enough to make most citizens want to bang their heads—in fact, it will drive them mad," said drummer Frankie Banali, explaining that many metal health plans no longer cover rudimentary procedures such as girls rocking their boys. "Sadly, the number of people seeking the help of metal health professionals has declined by more than 99 percent since our first hit in 1983. The situation is dire." The band went on to state that former lead singer Kevin DuBrow, who died in 2007, would have wanted all Americans to have equal access to the padded cells, straitjackets, and steel face masks so urgently needed by the metally ill.Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Terminator

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:05 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Well, in some cases it has worked extremely well, ala Journey. If the music is good I could be interested in this but we'll see.

Yeah, but the Journey experiment flopped....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:21 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Well, in some cases it has worked extremely well, ala Journey. If the music is good I could be interested in this but we'll see.

Arttie

You think? I'm not a fan, but from what I've read, it sounds like the guys are doing pretty well with the new guy in Journey. Playing live shows and selling albums. Do you know something we don't?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:32 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Arttie

Actually it has been successful, their album sold well, thanks to heavy marketing from Walmart, their tour has done very well, and they even had an appearance on Oprah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist   Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot returns with a new vocalist
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next