Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire

Go down 
+10
Eyesore
shamgar75
Joe
Ben Grimm
manny
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
chewie
MetalGuy71
14 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Empty
PostSubject: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Quote :
Seattle progressive rockers QUEENSRŸCHE have partnered with Capitol/EMI for the September 28 release of an expanded 20th-anniversary edition of the band's triple platinum-certified breakout album "Empire". The new 2CD and digital packages both include the remastered album, featuring six hit singles, including the #1 smash "Silent Lucidity", as well as 13 bonus tracks, among them 10 previously unreleased live performances recorded in 1990 at London's Hammersmith Odeon. The 2CD package is presented in a lift-top box with five postcards, a fold-out poster and a booklet featuring rare photos from the band's personal archive.

The track listing is as follows:

Disc 1 (original CD remastered with bonus tracks from 2003 reissue):

01. Best I Can
02. The Thin Line
03. Jet City Woman
04. Della Brown
05. Another Rainy Night (Without You)
06. Empire
07. Resistance
08. Silent Lucidity
09. Hand On Heart
10. One And Only
11. Anybody Listening?

Bonus tracks:

12. Last Time In Paris
13. Scarborough Fair
14. Dirty Lil Secret

Disc 2 (live tracks recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon, London on November 15, 1990):

01. Resistance
02. Walk In The Shadows
03. Best I Can
04. The Thin Line
05. Jet City Woman
06. Empire
07. Roads To Madness
08. Take Hold Of The Flame
09. Silent Lucidity
10. Hand On Heart

Seems pretty pointless to me. I already have the 2003 re-issue with the bonus tracks (I can pass on disc 2) but I suppose someone out there would be interested in this.

20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Empire20th

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:37 pm

I saw this too, but didn't see much point in rebuying it for the 2nd disc.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm excited, can you see my excitement?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Meh, I'll pass on it. I don't have any interest in live material and that's pretty much all it's good for.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Wow. Now I feel old. I remember when this came out saying 'What happened?" after nearly wearing out the cassette of Mindcrime. now I appreciate the cd more but the 2003 version will do me fine.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:49 pm

I am not going to buy the 20th anniversary, and I am a huge fan of live albums but I am not going to keep buying the same albums over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:59 pm

I wont be picking it up but I am amazed how time has flown....Queensryche was playing in the drivers ed car when I was taking my road test ( Jet City Woman), I swear that song inspired me to pass the test because I sucked at driving, I did not make any mistakes. That was a long time ago
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:07 pm

I'll just wait 5 more years for the 3 disc 25th anniversary edition. 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
I wont be picking it up but I am amazed how time has flown....Queensryche was playing in the drivers ed car when I was taking my road test ( Jet City Woman), I swear that song inspired me to pass the test because I sucked at driving, I did not make any mistakes. That was a long time ago

it is. I remember when silent lucidity got all huge and then they started having to have it performed with orchestras and such. I felt like they gone over the top but in the end this album has aged gracefully.

shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:08 pm

I will pass on this.

exact33 is right though - the album has aged gracefully.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:49 am

I need the reissues, so if I saw this cheap I'd snag it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:53 am

Eyesore wrote:

it is nice having the re-issue with the bonus tracks. Good stuff!

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:05 am

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Aside from some live tracks, I have all the bonus material. That's why I never bought them.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Aside from some live tracks, I have all the bonus material. That's why I never bought them.

well arent you special lol!

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:33 pm

I don't like re-buying albums so I will pass on this but it is hard to believe it's been this long. I remember rocking out to Anyboyd Out There? when I was in middle school. This album came out the same time I got into hard rock/heavy metal and I still listen to this album regularly (about every month or so). I think I could resite the entire album in my head.

Funny story, my copy of this album was one of a few CDs I stole from a Wal-Mart when I was in High School (along with Tesla-Time's Making Changes and a cassette of Mortification-s/t).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:00 pm

I loved this when it first came out, it actually made me go back and get into their earlier stuff. I agree that the album has aged gracefully. I went back and listened to this a week or so ago and I have to say Silent Lucidity is my least favorite song on the disc. I guess I've just heard it a thousand times too many.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:13 am

I actually like "Empire" better than "Operation: Mindcrime", but I don't think I will be spending the money to get yet another reissue of it.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:13 pm

I'll be getting it...

PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire   20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20th Anniversary of Queensryche's Empire
Page 1 of 1