Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.

Go down 
+10
Smindas
7thSaviour
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
MetalFRO
thejokeriv
Metallic Blaze
powermacho
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Empty
PostSubject: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:00 pm

With Testament and Exodus. Megadeth will be playing "Rust" in its entirety live, same with Testament and "the Legacy". HOPING THEY PLAY NEW OR DER ON SELECT SHOWS Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:01 pm

I do know Testament was planning on playing The Legacy in its entirely on the to be rescheduled American Carnage and Canadian Carnage shows. Has it been confirmed they're doing it here, too?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 pm

wow! I which I can make it. that could be a kick ass show
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:52 am

Is this the new and revised Carnage tour? Are they replacing Slayer with Exodus?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:57 am

No, the Carnage tour will happen again after Tom heals up. This is a seperate tour - MegaDave has a son going to college, he needs to make the tuition payment.

The show schedule is:

March 01 - Spokane, WA - Knitting Factory
March 02 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory
March 03 - Medford, OR - Medford Armory
March 06 - Calgary, AB - Big Four (TESTAMENT w/ special guests)
March 07 - Edmonton, AB - Shaw Conference Centre (TESTAMENT w/ special guests)
March 08 - Saskatoon, SK - Prairieland Exhibition Hall
March 11 - Indianapolis, IN - Murat Theater
March 12 - Pittsburgh, PA - Palace Theater
March 13 - Buffalo, NY - Town Ballroom
March 15 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
March 16 - Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live
March 18 - Scranton, PA - Scranton Cultural Center
March 19 - Norfolk, VA - The NorVa
March 21 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
March 22 - Asheville, NC - Orange Peel
March 23 - Memphis, TN - Minglewood Hall
March 25 - Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theater
March 26 - Austin, TX - Stubb’s Amphitheater
March 27 - Lubbock, TX - The Pavilion
March 28 - El Paso, TX - Club 101
March 30 - Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theater
March 31 - Hollywood, CA - Hollywood Palladium (TESTAMENT w/ special guests)
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:26 am

Of course there are no dates in Nebraska, because we don't exist here, right? Razz

Man, that would be a killer show. I saw Testament in Omaha back in 2000 on The Gathering tour, and it was INSANE. I saw 'deth in '97 on the Cryptic Writings tour and it was awesome. Dave was playing the intro to "Angry Again" in a sort of subdued, laid-back guitar tone, asking "I bet no one knows what song this is, right?" I was yelling from the back of the audience "ANGRY AGAIN! ANGRY AGAIN!" Pretty much guaranteed that he didn't hear me, but right after that they blew into the song & played it flawlessly. The ONLY thing that could have made that show any better is if they'd have done "99 Ways To Die". I'd love to see Megadeth and Testament again. Not as big a fan of Exodus overall, and certainly not their new direction w/ the new vocalist, but I still think that would be a show not to miss!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:22 am

Dang. No Philly shows. Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_cry

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dang. No Philly shows. Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_cry

No Jersey or New York shows either (except Buffalo, which may as well be Canada...haha). Dave must hate our neighborhood, MG. Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

No Jersey or New York shows either (except Buffalo, which may as well be Canada...haha). Dave must hate our neighborhood, MG. Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_sad

Could be. There was a bottle throwing incident the last time I saw them. Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_razz

I guess (hope) he's holding off for the rescheduled American Cranage Tour to come back to the area. Although going up to Scranton would be worth it if I got a tour of Dunder Mifflin. Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_wink

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:35 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Could be. There was a bottle throwing incident the last time I saw them. Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_razz

I guess (hope) he's holding off for the rescheduled American Cranage Tour to come back to the area. Although going up to Scranton would be worth it if I got a tour of Dunder Mifflin. Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_wink

That would be my guess - there were no DC area shows on the Carnage tour - the closest show to me was in the murder capital of the world, Camden, NJ. Looks like they are hitting the cities that the Carnage tour doesn't hit.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:41 am

thejokeriv wrote:
No, the Carnage tour will happen again after Tom heals up. This is a seperate tour - MegaDave has a son going to college, he needs to make the tuition payment.

The show schedule is:

Who is on the dates with no specific openers?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:41 am

3/21 ATL....... I AM SO THERE! Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. 11840
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:24 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

The show schedule is:

Who is on the dates with no specific openers?

Probably just Exodus would be my guess.

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Spokane is as close as it gets for me. My problem is, my metal listening friends live in Portland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:03 pm

Asheville @ The Orange Peel? Wow...I might see if I can take my son to that...
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:09 pm

I would love to see Megadeth play Rust In Peace. As far as I'm concerned, that is the greatest thrash album ever recorded. You lucky Americans!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:11 pm

They are not coming here on this tour.

Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_cry

I guess it's because they are coming back for the 'Carnage Tour'.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:15 pm

I made a special request to have "The New Order" played on certain shows. Hope they fulfill it.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
They are not coming here on this tour.

Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_cry

That sucks donkey balls.

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I guess it's because they are coming back for the 'Carnage Tour'.

That's good though.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Sometimes it feels like FL is just invisible. Watch your oranges, Dave.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:36 am

Speaking og the tour :

Canadian guitarist Glen Drover (ex-Megadeth, King Diamond) will fill in for Alex Skolnick on Testament's upcoming North American tour with Megadeth and Exodus.
"My buddies in Testament called me up to see if I could help for the tour, as Alex will be away during this time," Drover writes on his MySpace page. "It will be great to get back out for a little bit and see all my friends in those bands, as well as the fans, and of course being a part of playing 'The Legacy' album, which has always been one of my faves!"
Testament will be performing "The Legacy" album in its entirety during this particular tour.
The band felt it was time to throw down the gauntlet and bring people back to the roots of their visceral and vice-tight music, re-invoking songs which helped lay the foundation for a thrash generation. "We wanted to give the fans something different," says frontman Chuck Billy. "We wanted to play these songs which have not been played since we've been touring [the latest Testament album] 'The Formation Of Damnation'."
"I can't believe that we wrote this stuff when we are 17, 18, and 19 years old," says Testament guitarist Eric Peterson. "Although 'Formation…' stands on its own, we cannot even write music today like we did back then. 'The Legacy' will always be our legacy."
Refreshingly brutal, yet steeped in clever melodic twists, "The Legacy" record contained classic thrash songs such as "Over The Wall," "Burnt Offerings" and "First Strike Is Deadly."
"These are the first nine songs we put together," says Billy proudly. "This is what started the band, so we wanted to go back and give the fans a chance to not only get back to metal's roots, but to feel the force of Testament's roots at the same time." "And it's no wonder with a foundation like that we are still here today," adds Peterson.
The tour will begin on March 1st in Spokane, Washington and will run through the end of the month.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Man, i'd love to see this live. Over The Wall and First Strike are just incredible songs.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:10 pm

I was surprised to see the fill in guitartist for Testament is going to be Glen Dover, excellent choice but surprising (at least to me).
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised by that choice as well but I guess it makes sense. Afterall, Drover was playing in Megadeth - it's not like he can't do thrash. Still, can't help but think someone like Steve Smyth may have been more appropriate. Doesn't really matter either way, though.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Wow playing in Medford Oregon my hometown. No way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.   Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confirmed. Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th anniversary tour.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next