Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour

Go down 
+14
akeldama
Addy
Troublezone
vanillaviking
FlyingV
Required Fields
MetalH
7thSaviour
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Anyone going to go to this? It will be Megadeth playing the entire Rust in Peace album, plus some more stuff. With them will be Testament, apparently to play the entire Legacy album. Also playing is Exodus.

I got my tickets for the Tucson show.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Atlanta is far...................but it's a Sunday...............maybeeeee....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Dave Mustaine has issued the following update on the band's "Rust In Peace" 20th Anniversary Tour:
"Rehearsals are all done and we are ready for pre-production next week, and then we will be heading out to start the tour.
Please send your prayers, best wishes, and positive thoughts our way, and if we are playing in your city or town I sure hope to see you. A big thank you goes out to all of the cities that are sold-out already!
Just so you know, we are playing 10 songs from over our 25-plus-year careers, as well as all nine songs off of 'Rust In Peace.'
We are playing:
* Set The World Afire
* Wake Up Dead
* In My Darkest Hour
* Sweating Bullets
* Skin O' My Teeth
* Head Crusher
* A Tout Le Monde
* Symphony Of Destruction
* Trust
* Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?
And all of 'Rust In Peace.'
One great thing is that we all know so many, many songs, and that this is just the starting point.
Remember, David Ellefson knows everything of Megadeth's career, excluding a few new tracks, Shawn [Drover, drums] knows them all, and Chris [Broderick, guitar] is learning them as fast as he can. All in all, I think that we have approximately 40 songs we can do on this next month's tour. We will return to the 'Endgame Tour' after that, and may play any of the 'Rust In Peace' tracks over the coming years. We already play several songs off of 'Rust In Peace' — 'Holy Wars', 'Take No Prisoners', 'Tornado Of Souls', and 'Hangar 18.' It will be fun to have some new gems added to our set list, and also the possibility of us revisiting songs that I mentioned were added to our playlist for potential songs to perform from 'Killing Is My Business' or 'Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?'
source: blabbermouth.net
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Should be a great tour. Glad they are still doing "Set the World Afire".
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Rust in Peace is one of my all time favorite albums. It's however impossible for me to attend the show. Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_cry Too far away.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:37 pm

I'll be at the ATL gig! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:46 pm

I don't think they are playing close enough for me to go... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:10 pm

A pen pal of mine is attending one of the shows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 pm

I'll be at the Houston show on March 25th.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:08 am

Listening through Rust in Peace to get ready for the show. I never latched on to this album like I did the first two. Peace Sells is my all time favorite, followed by Killing. Some good songs on RiP, but I don't see why so many people like it better than Peace Sells.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:17 pm

ATL sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:32 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Listening through Rust in Peace to get ready for the show. I never latched on to this album like I did the first two. Peace Sells is my all time favorite, followed by Killing. Some good songs on RiP, but I don't see why so many people like it better than Peace Sells.

Agreed. I like the first three a lot more than RiP.

RiP had Marty's soloing, which was really good, but aside from that the songs aren't as good.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 am

vanillaviking wrote:
ATL sounds good.
That show is gonna rock!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:32 am

They should of did a reunion tour for the Peace Sells album instead... but this will do.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:32 am

Troublezone wrote:
They should of did a reunion tour for the Peace Sells album instead... but this will do.
Hopefully in a couple years they'll play the entire CTS album live!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39507

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:43 am

I was all set to go and found out too late the show is sold out Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour 447763
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:46 am

007 wrote:
I was all set to go and found out too late the show is sold out Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour 447763
This is why you buy your tix the day they go onsale, if not sooner. Let this be a lesson to you, young man! Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour 37951 Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour 84826
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:52 am

Anyone heard what order the bands are playing in, or what Exodus is playing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:01 am

This show is coming to Austin, but it's right after SXSW so I'll have to wait and see how broke I am by that point. Part of me really wants to see this, part of me realizes that I've experienced all this before...I guess I'll wait and see whether nostalgia plays enough of a part.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:22 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Anyone heard what order the bands are playing in, or what Exodus is playing?
exodus is first; i think this is the spokane setlist:

The Last Act Of Defiance
Fabulous Disaster
A Lesson In Violence
And Then There Where None
Brain Dead
Pirahna
Toxic Waltz
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:37 pm

I just spun Rust in Peace for the first time (i just bought it yesterday) and OMG I can see why alot of people love this album, It was an insta-like for me (Youthanasia and System Has Failed, and United Abominations) were instant likes for me too but Rust In Peace Whoa Momma!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Now that Ive heard RIP in its entireity I am wishing I could see this show
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Isn't this tour already over?
Order of appearance onstage:
1.Exodus
2.Testament
3.Megadeth

I think Megadeth should've opened. Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Lol
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Dunno but since i just got the album I had to post its greatness somewhere
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:21 pm

Addy wrote:
Dunno but since i just got the album I had to post its greatness somewhere

Hehe, the originals are better than the remasters but still a good choice, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour   Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary Tour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next