Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)

Go down 
+2
ryanmetalman
Troublezone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Empty
PostSubject: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:03 am

I always wondered where they got the name for the band and now i think i found it...

It's some recreation center in Eugene Oregon.

http://www.eugene-or.gov/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=241&PageID=0
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:08 am

I also heard that the band reformed recently. Is it true?
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:29 pm

Interesting. Maybe they used to frequent that place.

As far as reforming, I haven't heard anything. I was a big fan of Tourniquet back in the day, and was stoked about Guy Ritter and Gary Lenaire doing Echo Hollow, though I never was able to pick up the cd...argh!

I don't know if it was referring to the same guy, but I read somewhere that Gary Lenaire is now an atheist. If this is true, I don't see Echo Hollow reforming. On the other hand, Ted is the only original member of Tourniquet left, so anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:03 am

Quote :

I don't know if it was referring to the same guy, but I read somewhere that Gary Lenaire is now an atheist. If this is true, I don't see Echo Hollow reforming. On the other hand, Ted is the only original member of Tourniquet left, so anything is possible.

It would be without Gary. It might be with that second guitarist Rafik.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

I liked diet of Worms but their second cd didnt do anything for me...

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:53 pm

exact33 wrote:

I agree. I liked maybe one song on the second album.

Gary was losing his faith and musical chops at the same time...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Troublezone wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I agree. I liked maybe one song on the second album.

Gary was losing his faith and musical chops at the same time...

I really enjoyed the U2 cover.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Ive been to that pool before, I used to take swimming lessons there when I was real young.

I think I jammed echo hollow once and didnt like it, maybe I will check em out again.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Stender wrote:
Ive been to that pool before, I used to take swimming lessons there when I was real young.

I think I jammed echo hollow once and didnt like it, maybe I will check em out again.

Stick with the first album if anything. The second one sucks.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:37 pm

The first album was very solid - loved the track "Thursday".

I believe Gary is a proclaimed atheist now. Wonder what happened. Always enjoyed his playing and vocals in Tourniquet.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:00 pm

shamgar75 wrote:

I believe Gary is a proclaimed atheist now. Wonder what happened. Always enjoyed his playing and vocals in Tourniquet.

Usually there was is no substance to the relationship when somebody goes from claiming to be a believer and becomes an atheist

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:43 pm

James B. wrote:
shamgar75 wrote:

Usually there was is no substance to the relationship when somebody goes from claiming to be a believer and becomes an atheist

I realize that is usually the explanation for people like lenaire and martinez but I really dont think its that easy to say if their is substance or not or if people were legit or not. Just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:05 am

Stender wrote:
James B. wrote:
shamgar75 wrote:

I realize that is usually the explanation for people like lenaire and martinez but I really dont think its that easy to say if their is substance or not or if people were legit or not. Just my opinion though.

Usually there is something that happens to go from where Gary/Roger were to where they are now. I think most of the time its not a lack of faith as much as someone/something that really torques them off.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)   Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Echo Hollow (Guy Ritter's band)
Page 1 of 1