Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW? Empty
PostSubject: Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW?   Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:58 am

Being the resident New Jersey metal fan, do you know anything about Sleepy Hollow? I know Mike LePond (ex-Heathens Rage) was in this band at one point. Several of the rest of the members were in Attacker. They released and EP and a very rare, self-titled, full length CD.

PostSubject: Re: Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW?   Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 1:05 pm

some years ago lepond sent me a tape with some s.hollow rehearsals(they never actually recorded anything with him in the studio). i don't remember exactly when mitchell dismissed the band(but it should be definately before '95. that year, i think, lepond recorded a mcd with rattlebone). some years later their first demo was released as ep in vinyl format(a great one of course). then the demo and the cd were released as one-with cds from vyndykator and alchemy-x, mitchell's projects- from the greek magazine "true metal" and unisound-the editor's label( i believe they were official and mitchell was involved in these releases) but i hope that now he will reform them. i think they are still friends with lepond(how couldn't? he has a heart of gold that guy!) and maybe they should do something together, although i don't know if it would be under the name of sleepy hollow.

as for the first cd i'm curious to know how many covers has this one. knowing well iron works-dave richards i assume a dozen...he has a press in his backyard and when he is bored he makes new pressings in all kinds of shapes and formats...once i received a vinyl from him and it was very "hot"....almost i received it melted....

here's one cover of the cd not listed anywhere in their site...

Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW? 1739727cf67fe133b8469292ca200e5ea15860e
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW?   Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 1:22 pm

My copy has the above cover and the Horse cover as well.

PostSubject: Re: Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW?   Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 1:31 pm

and has the lyrics?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW?   Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 1:40 pm

Yes. Has the lyrics too. There are two seperate covers included. The winged horse cover is a single page and has nothing printed on the back. The cover pictured above, is a 4 page insert with the lyrics and thank you list.

ult

Metal novice
Metal novice
eye of oracle

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW?   Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:54 pm

Last edited by eye of oracle on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://17329745.tistory.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW?   Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:33 pm

Wasnt Lepond in symphony X later?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW?   Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:34 pm

Yes, he was, and still is

PostSubject: Re: Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW?   Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Syrus...SLEEPY HOLLOW?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: