Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Echo & the Bunnymen

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Echo & the Bunnymen Empty
PostSubject: Echo & the Bunnymen   Echo & the Bunnymen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:59 am

Anyone into this 80s post-punk band?

I love them.

Favorite albums? Let's discuss these guys.

Echo & the Bunnymen Echo
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Echo & the Bunnymen   Echo & the Bunnymen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:23 am

You and I seem to share alot of the same taste, MB. I am a fan of Echo and the Bunnymen and my fav LP by them is the self titled album, which has one of my favorite 80's classics ' Lips Like Sugar' great band.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Echo & the Bunnymen   Echo & the Bunnymen Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:34 am

I'm a huge fan of these guys. During college, I played the hell out of their greatest hits CD. I actually first got into them after hearing their Doors cover on the Lost Boys soundtrack. No list of Alternative 80's bands is definitive without including these guys.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Echo & the Bunnymen   Echo & the Bunnymen Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:07 pm

I like most of their albums, especially the early ones. Also in the 90's they had a side project "Electrafixion" which was heavier power pop. I really enjoyed that one.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Echo & the Bunnymen   Echo & the Bunnymen Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:22 am

manny wrote:
You and I seem to share alot of the same taste, MB. I am a fan of Echo and the Bunnymen and my fav LP by them is the self titled album, which has one of my favorite 80's classics ' Lips Like Sugar' great band.

Yeah, I noticed that manny. We do seem to have a ton in common.

Ironically, the "S/T" album is my favorite as well and my favorite song they ever did is "Lips Like Sugar"! LOL crazy right?

Echo & the Bunnymen Lol

SAHB, I will definitely look into Electrofixation. Sounds like something I need for the collection.

Has anyone got Echo & the Bunnymen's new album that came out in '09? It's called "The Fountain" - I just ordered it yesterday from Amazon. Really looking forward to hearing it.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Echo & the Bunnymen   Echo & the Bunnymen Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:20 am

Quote :
I actually first got into them after hearing their Doors cover on the Lost Boys soundtrack

Me too. I actually prefer their version. That Electrafixion Burned is a really good album.

Funny thing is I would put Ian McCulloch's Candleland above any of the Echo & the Bunnymen stuff. It's all good, but that is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Echo & the Bunnymen   Echo & the Bunnymen Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:37 am

jstate wrote:
Quote :
I actually first got into them after hearing their Doors cover on the Lost Boys soundtrack

Me too. I actually prefer their version. That Electrafixion Burned is a really good album.

Funny thing is I would put Ian McCulloch's Candleland above any of the Echo & the Bunnymen stuff. It's all good, but that is my favorite.

I love Candleland! I'm glad someone else here does too. I still like the Echo and the Bunnymen material better, but Ian's solo stuff is top notch too.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Echo & the Bunnymen   Echo & the Bunnymen Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:29 pm

I should look into Ian's solo stuff.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Echo & the Bunnymen   Echo & the Bunnymen Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:46 am

I think when Ian was doing solo stuff the Bunnymen put out an album with Noel Burke on vocals. I like some of the songs on that one too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Echo & the Bunnymen   Echo & the Bunnymen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Echo & the Bunnymen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: