Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE?

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE? Empty
PostSubject: Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE?   Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 9:25 am

What would you say was the best and worst of POST-Don't Break the Oath Mercyful Fate?

To me they seemed pretty consistent from album to album. It's hard to pick out a "worst" album musically.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE?   Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 9:40 am

Best - it's a toss up between "In The Shadows" and "Time" for me. Both are great records. (I saw MF on the "In The Shadows" tour and WHAT a show! It was on Halloween night in NYC no less! Talk about the perfect night to see that band!)

Worst - "Dead Again" didn't do a thing for me. It's one of those records that sounds great while it's playing, but once it's over, I couldn't name a song title or quote you a lyric if you put a gun to my head.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE?   Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 10:33 am

Best - "In the Shadows" by far.

Worst - I think for me it has to be "9". I really don't like any songs on it and can't bring myself to listen to it much.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE?   Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:46 am

there has not been a single Fate album i have not liked, so i cannot pick a worst.

Into The Unknown is probably my most played post Oath album, but i love them all.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE?   Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 6:49 pm

I don't have a "worst" but my favorite is probably Time or Into the Unknown
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE?   Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 7:06 pm

In the Shadows is probably my favorite, and since I personally need to gauge their albums lyrically, I would have to say that 9 is probably my least fave because there's not a single song on it that I can really listen to comfortably. All of the other albums have tracks that I can really dig into, but that one doesn't even have one, unfortunately. Cool and KAH-reepy friggin' cover though!

Musically, they can't be beat and make some of the strongest metal out there, IMO - I just wish their subject matter wasn't so grating to me on much of the material.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE?   Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best & Worst of MERCYFUL FATE?
Page 1 of 1