Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way

Go down 
+6
Gilbert
mc666
Wrecked Neck
Glower
Fat Freddy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Empty
PostSubject: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 10:37 am

Mercyful Fate was supposed to do a bunch of festival shows last summer, which were torpedo'd by the Coronavirus, but apparently they've been using the down time to work on new material... and King's solo band has new stuff in the works as well. Groovy.

KING DIAMOND Offers Updates On New Albums From MERCYFUL FATE, KING DIAMOND

Danish heavy metal singer King Diamond — who fronts both KING DIAMOND and MERCYFUL FATE — was a guest on a recent episode of "The Electric Theater With Clown" Internet show hosted by SLIPKNOT's M. Shawn "Clown" Crahan. You can now listen to the entire chat below.

Speaking about new music that he is working on right now, King said: "I'm writing with Hank [Shermann, guitar] from MERCYFUL FATE and writing with Andy [LaRocque, guitar] for KING DIAMOND and writing on my own for KING DIAMOND. For KING DIAMOND, it's an album that's gonna be called 'The Institute', which is part one of two — there'll be two full albums that will be completing a full story. And as the title [suggests], there's gonna be some crazy weird stuff. And for MERCY, I also have the title, but I'm not giving it out to anybody at the moment. We have the front cover for the new MERCY too. It's very correct, very right for MERCYFUL FATE. It's very back to basics."

Regarding his songwriting approach for the new MERCYFUL FATE and KING DIAMOND material, King said: "For my part, with both MERCY and KING albums — even more KING DIAMOND, I would say — all vocals are gonna be lead vocals again, like they were in the old days. It didn't matter if there was a choir singing on the right side or the left side, or whatever, they would still go and pick up parts of the lyrics to progress the story and so on. So it's gonna be anything goes with the vocals, for sure — back to the old style. And for MERCY too, it's gonna be very old-fashioned — Hank is writing very much like the old days. And it's nice to feel that we can capture that again. So that's two albums that are being worked on that will be done by the time we can go out and tour again, I'm sure."

King also revealed that plans are afoot to creat a graphic novel for KING DIAMOND's classic second album, 1987's concept effort "Abigail". "[We are working with] a really good company," he said. "I have high, high hopes for how that's gonna turn out."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 11:36 am

I’m a huge fan. Wild news. Hank. Andy.
I wish Denner could be called in to. At least for a guest presentation solo !
Even the book ! What a trip !
I don’t see concerts happening this year.
No way will politicians agree to that.

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 2:07 pm

If anyone’s interested EBay has a puzzle - of Abigal artwork cover.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 10:31 am

I'm sure the albums will be released one of these days, but other than the graphic novel, which is badass and I can't wait to get one, there's nothing much new there. Was a bit bummed they didn't release the first Institute album last year, because he was talking about that before COVID, and they released that song, and toured (which I saw lol). Thought for sure we were going to get an album, so starting to get aggravated that everything seems to be taking so long with him these days. WTF else do they have to do, why not release some shit? Still excited, but damn man get on with it!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 7:02 pm

I'll be interested in these releases
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 12:38 am

Meh, dude hasn't done shit for like a dozen years. Then to find out, no Denner? WTF? I know the guy had some health issues, but come on. Ozzy can release content, but King can't? I'll give it a chance when/if this stuff is released, but hopes are very low with this info.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 1:29 am

I'd be curious to check those out.

I own the King Diamond Roadrunner 5 cd box set. Need to revisit it. As for Mercyful Fate, i never owned any album by them. Need to remedy to that.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 7:58 am

I am interested in both projects, and I am huge fan of Mercyful Fate.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 7:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 10:04 am

Any word yet on these projects ?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 1:57 pm

A new album on October 31 would be good.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 3:08 pm

Glower wrote:
Any word yet on these projects ?

I haven't seen anything. It would be nice to get some kind of update.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 11:28 pm

You would think he would have something out by now. I know he has his own studio in his house, figure with everyone locked down last year, he'd have had time to record several albums. Really sucks, I remember a time when he was putting albums out every other month it seemed, between KD and MF bands. Now he's taking after Tool.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2021 4:30 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
You would think he would have something out by now. I know he has his own studio in his house, figure with everyone locked down last year, he'd have had time to record several albums. Really sucks, I remember a time when he was putting albums out every other month it seemed, between KD and MF bands. Now he's taking after Tool.

I feel the same about Dark Angel. During lockdown, Gene Hoglan wasn’t touring with Testament. He had nothing but free time to write songs.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2021 11:24 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I feel the same about Dark Angel. During lockdown, Gene Hoglan wasn’t touring with Testament. He had nothing but free time to write songs.

Yeah I remember reading somewhere a couple years ago they were planning on a new album. Guess that's in the can now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2021 2:48 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Yeah I remember reading somewhere a couple years ago they were planning on a new album. Guess that's in the can now.

Unfortunately, No!
They are still “working” on it. It’s been so long now… who knows if it’ll get finished. Same with the new Coroner album!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 1:29 am

Better be one hell of an album if it's taking this long to make....that goes for all bands mentioned in this thread! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 5:36 pm

New Mercyful Fate song was recorded from their show the other day. I freaking love it, can’t wait to hear a better recording of it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KOR_EMlD8Uc
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 5:59 pm

Powerful. He’s definitely showing his true colors.
But to see him moving stiffly. Older. Darker.
I know he’s friends with Alice Cooper…they have played golf together..
Alice is a Christian….but come on. King is a Satanist.

Last edited by Glower on Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2022 6:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2022 8:56 am

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2022 7:23 pm

Dig "Melissa" & "Don't Break The Oath" and that is about it. (IMHDO) They had this vibe that those 90's Metal Blade releases lacked. Never got into King Diamond much, I suppose the talent was there in the guuitar department. Yet, the guitar tones didn't do much for me. Kinda/Sorta clashed with dude's voice. Again, goes back to that vibe.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2022 10:11 pm

https://metalheadzone.com/michael-denner-on-his-back-stabbing-exclusion-from-mercyful-fate-reunion/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way   New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mercyful Fate and King Diamond on the way
Page 1 of 1