Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll

Go down 
+4
kmorg
thejokeriv
tohostudios
7thSaviour
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Empty
PostSubject: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:31 am

Just picked up this one! Your thoughts on this album?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:39 am

My album of the year so far. There are a boatload of memorable songs on it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:40 am

tohostudios wrote:
My album of the year so far.
I can't wait to hear this one. Loved the song or 2 I heard! Also, if Toho says it's memorable, BUY IT NOW! If TDR says it rocks, BUY IT NOW! They have NEVER steered me wrong! WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll 11840
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:26 am

Got it recently - pretty good stuff!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:46 am

http://www.metal-metropolis.com/wig_wam.htm

I like it, but it's not their best Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:55 am

Something about these guys makes me want to laugh. I think they're trying too hard but that's just me. I like some serious cheese in other areas.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:58 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Something about these guys makes me want to laugh. I think they're trying too hard but that's just me. I like some serious cheese in other areas.

It all started as a tribute to the music they loved and grew up with, so at first it was over-the-top intentionally. But when the idea really started to take off, and the fans drew in hunder-folds, they just kept the image and all. That was obviously a part of the package that people wanted.

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:04 pm

That makes sense. I'm surprised Toho loves them so much, I thought I heard some Bon Jovi influence.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:12 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
That makes sense. I'm surprised Toho loves them so much, I thought I heard some Bon Jovi influence.

Not nearly as much as I hear in Crazy Lixx.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:55 pm

I like this album a lot. It is one of those cds that once you put in your player it has a hard time leaving. Like toho said - it is very memorable.

kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Agree with the above sentiments, the tunes are catchy as hell, and the lyrics are hilarious, definitely one of the better discs I've purchased this year.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Yeah, the lyrics are hiliarious.

"Throw your dog the invisible bone."

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:52 pm

kmorg wrote:

Great review Kmorg. I really like this CD too. It's weird, but for me, even though I really like every song on the album, it doesn't have that stand out moment(s) for me. For example, Wig Wamania has Daredevil Heat, chorus-time on this one still gives me goose bumps. Hard To Be A Rock N Roller, of course, has the excellent title track, the outstanding ballad Out Of Time, and Teeny's awesome instrumentals.

Non Stop Rock N Roll is excellent, a great fun listen from beginning to end, but it just doesn't have that moment.

Does anybody know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:49 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Great review Kmorg. I really like this CD too. It's weird, but for me, even though I really like every song on the album, it doesn't have that stand out moment(s) for me. For example, Wig Wamania has Daredevil Heat, chorus-time on this one still gives me goose bumps. Hard To Be A Rock N Roller, of course, has the excellent title track, the outstanding ballad Out Of Time, and Teeny's awesome instrumentals.

Non Stop Rock N Roll is excellent, a great fun listen from beginning to end, but it just doesn't have that moment.

The "moment" for me on the new one is "Rocket Through My Heart".

I have all three Wig Wam albums and I find this one to be the best. For one thing, it only has two "ballads" on it which is always a plus in my book. To be honest, the only song I remember off of Rock N Roller is the title track (great tune BTW); I don't remember a damn thing off of Wig Wamania.

After one spin of NonStop RnR I remembered at least 5 songs (Taste It, Wild One, Cmon Everybody, title cut and Rocket) immediately. None of their other albums had that immediacy for me so for me, the new one is easily the best.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:11 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I like it, but it's not their best WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_biggrin

Fun is a great description of this cd. It doesnt take itself too seriously.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:26 am

How could you take it seriously with lyrics like "She's a saber hungry tiger"? Huh?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 am

"Still I'm Burning" is probably my favorite track from this release....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Can't wait to hear this album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:32 pm

Wow, I might have to revisit this.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:48 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Wow, I might have to revisit this.
What I've heard from this band has been very good!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Seems cool. I should check it out.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:37 am

Gilbert wrote:
Seems cool. I should check it out.
Definitely! WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll 604261
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:10 pm

I've been listening more and while it's decent i'm not sure i'd listen much. I'll stick with new Airbourne for good time RnR.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:32 am

This is a great CD, Toho! 9/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll   WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIG WAM: Non-Stop Rock 'N Roll
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next