Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?

Go down 
+8
Troublezone
Lari
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Glower
corplhicks
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Empty
PostSubject: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 10:58 am

Rules. No Googling. If ya know, ya know. If you are right, you get to ask the next question. I'll start.

Keeping with my homies, my question:

Whom replaced Letitia and Nicci in Slave Raider in 1991?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 1:25 pm

Great band but I've no clue. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 2:05 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Great band but I've no clue. don\'t know

That actually was pretty tough. Answer- Tommy D from Speed King's [Lance King's early band] - then Mike Liska from Kublai Khan.

Different/easier question:

What is the name of Slave Raider's Third Album?
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 2:41 pm

I have yet to buy one of their CDs -
Buts it’s been on my top “40 to get”
( the cd with Young Blood on it )
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 3:11 am

Ok, this is going now where.

Super Easy Question:

What Slave Raider album has the song "Youngblood" on it [Hint: it is the name of this poll].
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 3:57 am

Lol I've never even heard of this band you're asking about.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 8:29 am

I have no clue what the hell you guys are talking about... scratch

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 10:06 am

I know Sax is talking about the band Slave Raider, but aside from that I got nothin'. I haven't heard (or thought about) them in dog years.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 10:44 am

Never heard of Slave Raider. Is that one of dem rock'n'roll bands?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 11:42 am

For the curious:

I kinda get an early Lizzy Borden vibe from it...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 12:29 pm

Never heard of Slave Raider.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 12:40 pm

I'm just waiting for Sax to come back and tell us we're a bunch of know-nothing posers. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 1:10 pm

Glad i'm not the only ignorant one here.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Wow. This thread is a bust.

Answer: "What Do You Know About Rock n Roll".

someone else ask a question.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Alright.

What is Aerosmith's guitarist Joe Perry's first name?

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 3:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Alright.

All I know is that it's not Joe lol.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 9:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
For the Bi-curious:

Fixed that for you! lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 9:10 am

corplhicks wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Alright.

All I know is that it's not Joe lol.

Yup. Joe is his middle name. Anthony Joseph Perry.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 2:17 pm

Where did Dio get his stage name from?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 3:31 pm

Lari wrote:
Where did Dio get his stage name from?

It's Italian for "God".

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Going back to Unc's subject, Slave Raider was a pretty killer group (I like FF's comparison to Lizzy Borden). I had blindly grabbed a cassette of that above-mentioned album when I was a kid--used bin, Warehouse--and the musicianship really blew me away even though the music was almost comically reminiscent of butt sweat. I had no idea they had more than two albums. Also, the lead singer used to run around with a chainsaw on-stage, pre-dating JJ Dupree. That's really all I know.

This is my favorite song of theirs. Hey, thanks for the memories Unc. It's good to hear these guys again.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 2:20 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
For the Bi-curious:

Fixed that for you! lol!

Ba-Zinga! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 9:56 am

Alright. I know it's someone else's turn, but let's see if I can get us back on track here. This one is pretty easy.

What famous glam rock band did Blackie Lawless tour with, albeit a brief time, before forming W.A.S.P.?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 9:58 am

the sentinel wrote:

What famous glam rock band did Blackie Lawless tour with, albeit a brief time, before forming W.A.S.P.?

New York Dolls.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 10:00 am

And, yes, I get the original play on words (cuz Unc is a smart dude) but we haven't done trivia here since FF had those cool cover mash ups we had to guess on. So, there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?   What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Do YOU Know About Rock n Roll?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next