Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

arranging your cds

Go down 
+34
adrian
troublemagnet
Starman
Shawn Of Fire
metallicleora
Sutekh
Grimmo
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
Wargod
Required Fields
snooloui
powermacho
XYZ
Metal Misfit
jstate
Lari
Schbopo
Stender
exact33
TheDoctor'sScarf
chewie
scottmitchell74
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
manny
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Addy
Metallic Blaze
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

arranging your cds - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
For those that arrange alphabetically, where do you put an album whose band name is a number?

I recently picked up Funny Thing by 40 Ft. Ringo. Should I put them before 'A' or at the beginning of 'F' for forty? At the end of the 'F's? After 'Z'?

I don't think I even have any bands with "number" names but in any case, I would put it with the "F's" as if the # was spelled out "Forty."

But that's just me.

That probably what I'll do. It'll be first in the 'F' section. The number/name thing is a first for me too.

Quote :
What about Eve 6? Some of their stuff is emo, some is power pop.
And don't even ask about bands like VAST or Alabama 3.

Is "poop" too broad a genre? arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_razz

Quote :
This is an automated message. Alex is currently on his way to the hospital after mentioning 3300 cds really isnt that many and bumping one of the kids out of their room to make room for the cds isnt a big deal

That made me choke on my beer just a little. arranging your cds - Page 5 201269

arranging your cds - Page 5 201269 The only time my wife complains about my CD (between us both we only have 940) is when she has to go through them and or whenever we move
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:10 pm

All my cds are alphatized starting with all my metal cds, flowing into hard rock, alt, jazz, and then blues.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Just bought this baby...2400+ CDs it holds...now I get to fill it. arranging your cds - Page 5 11840

arranging your cds - Page 5 61RZSnZhf%2BL._SS400_

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Just bought this baby...2400+ CDs it holds...now I get to fill it. arranging your cds - Page 5 11840

Where did you get that beast at?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:40 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Spartak-Bookcase-Multimedia-Tower-2413BLACK/dp/B000QE7O7M/ref=sr_1_60?s=STORE&ie=UTF8&qid=1281554747&sr=1-60

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:49 pm

I need to keep that link.

I"ve never seen a CD rack that big.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:19 pm

nice. I need to get started working on building my new rack..

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:14 am

tohostudios wrote:
I"ve never seen a CD rack that big.

That's what he said............
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:57 am

chewie wrote:

That's what he said............

This is actually what he said:

tohostudios wrote:
I"ve never seen a rack that big.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:08 am

arranging your cds - Page 5 106318

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Nice looks like it is holding DVD's. I could have made you one!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Starman
Metal novice
Metal novice
Starman

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:54 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
When it comes to arranging your cds, how do you do it?

Up til now, I've had all my cds arranged by category of genre.

But more and more bands are combining genres and blurring lines even further.

A few days I didn't know how to categorize one of my new CDs (Tegan and Sara), because they combine so many elements into their music.

I finally decided to stop arrranging my cds this way, and just to arrange them all alphabetically. Now they will all be mixed together. I guess it's time for me to just call music 'music'.

How about you guys?

Just by band and/or artist. For instance, I have all my Allan Agguire/Scaterd Few/Spyglass Blue/Men as Trees Walking discs together; the same goes with my Mike Roe/Mike Roe & Mark Harmon/7 & & Is/77s stuff together.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:01 pm

I have about 400 real cds and 300 burns. I'm amazed at the number of discs people have here.Maybe because I'm "elitist", I think a lot of stuff sucks.My specialty is Thrash, with a sprinkling of power metal and death. The only Black Metal I have is Immortal and I have virtualy nothing but metal in my collection. Part of the problem is I also collect comics,superhero action figures,Wi games,and G.I.Joe, so that and the fact I download a lot has slowed my cd acquistioning.I still buy cds but now they have to be awesome or rare. I also have those infernal towers-having to fit a new cd in the alphabetical order is maddening.. angry
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:27 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
I also have those infernal towers-having to fit a new cd in the alphabetical order is maddening.. angry

It really is. I should not have listened to you all!!

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:27 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

And on THAT note, I was forced to cancel my order. arranging your cds - Page 5 308838

I received an email saying the one being sent to me was damaged in transit...OK, no problem...they'll ship another one, right? WRONG!! A few days later I am told that they are backordered and they have to wait for more.

arranging your cds - Page 5 308838 arranging your cds - Page 5 308838 arranging your cds - Page 5 308838 arranging your cds - Page 5 308838 arranging your cds - Page 5 308838 arranging your cds - Page 5 308838

Oh, well...this was the only company I saw that made one that big. I may have to go for one of the more common 1500+ shelves...

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:05 am

I think I'm going to get this one instead...holds 1500 CDs...

http://www.avthinginitsplace.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CDV-1500B

arranging your cds - Page 5 CDV-1500B

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:45 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

And on THAT note, I was forced to cancel my order. arranging your cds - Page 5 308838

I received an email saying the one being sent to me was damaged in transit...OK, no problem...they'll ship another one, right? WRONG!! A few days later I am told that they are backordered and they have to wait for more.

arranging your cds - Page 5 308838 arranging your cds - Page 5 308838 arranging your cds - Page 5 308838 arranging your cds - Page 5 308838 arranging your cds - Page 5 308838 arranging your cds - Page 5 308838

Oh, well...this was the only company I saw that made one that big. I may have to go for one of the more common 1500+ shelves...

Let WG build one for you!!

powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:08 pm

I have around 500 originals and 100 cdr copies. I can't keep order of them anymore. I just now what band is in what rack. The only section I have Kind of organized is the glam section but there are more mixed with the power metal CDs on other rack. What I do is the ones that I listen the most are on the top. And the albums I listen the least are not so visible.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:56 pm

My collection is pretty weak compared to you guys'. I currently have about 120 or so cds in my thrash collection, 15 Priest cds, about 50 in my "other metal" collection, every Yngwie studio album, and then another stack that includes duplicate cds (I have multiple copies of quite a few) and non metal stuff such as Paganini, Bach, and Soundgarden.

So maybe close to 300 in total. I mostly keep the thrash cds alphabetically on shelves and the rest don't really have a specific place so they end up in unorganized stacks. Oh but I do have a special cd holder for the Yngwie cds, and the Priest cds get a place so the spines can form the cross. headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:26 pm

adrian wrote:
My collection is pretty weak compared to you guys'. I currently have about 120 or so cds in my thrash collection, 15 Priest cds, about 50 in my "other metal" collection, every Yngwie studio album, and then another stack that includes duplicate cds (I have multiple copies of quite a few) and non metal stuff such as Paganini, Bach, and Soundgarden.

So maybe close to 300 in total. I mostly keep the thrash cds alphabetically on shelves and the rest don't really have a specific place so they end up in unorganized stacks. Oh but I do have a special cd holder for the Yngwie cds, and the Priest cds get a place so the spines can form the cross. headbanger

There is something to be said for smaller collections. I am thinking about putting a decent chunk of mine up for sale to clean out..

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:30 pm

exact33 wrote:
adrian wrote:

There is something to be said for smaller collections. I am thinking about putting a decent chunk of mine up for sale to clean out..

DIBS!!!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:39 pm

I still arrange mine by genre and heaviness, so it goes hard rock to prog-metal to symphonic to power to thrash, then death and black metal. I too have been banished to the spare room so as not to disturb civilized people with my noise.
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Alphabetical order then sub-categorized into chronological order by artist.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:06 pm

I too have been banished to the cellar to store my cd's and even their they still get looedupon like a turd being waggled undera nose, but they are alphabetized and chronological by artists release date.

I have ran out of space so the piles are getting dangerously high on the floor and on top of racks and shelves.

I keep most music as one category, however, I keep my soundtracks, compilations, country and rap cds in their own sections.

Have not counted the exact number in a while, but estimate the number to be in the 6,000 range plus or minus...
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:01 am

I built four shelves about six feet in length, that holds most of my cd's. I need to add some more support though, because the shelves are bowing. Here's a picture of most of my cd's.

arranging your cds - Page 5 73724_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: arranging your cds   arranging your cds - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

arranging your cds
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: