Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift

Go down 
+13
kmorg
exact33
iamrockerfun
MetalGuy71
Schbopo
akeldama
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
Shiney
Eyesore
Ben Grimm
manny
Metal Misfit
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:20 pm

Maybe he's just describing the vibe of what they're doing?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:22 pm

S wrote:
Maybe he's just describing the vibe of what they're doing?

Possible, it's supposed to be dark concept album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:11 pm

The idea of 'Welcome to My Nightmare II' has been kicking around since the early 80's originally Joe Perry and Bob Ezrin where part of the project, til Joe Perry went back to Aerosmith, and Alice abandoned the idea, I donot even think they got far in the process.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Yeah, I remember reading that before. A Cooper/Perry collaboration woulda been pretty cool.

Let My Nightmare Do the Talking Shocked
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:22 pm

I dont know if I am on board with a sequel to WTMN.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 am

exact33 wrote:

I don't know if I'm on board with Desmond Child being involved. Smells like they're looking for a radio hit. Bah!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I don't know if I'm on board with Desmond Child being involved. Smells like they're looking for a radio hit. Bah!

my problem with it is that sequels always draw the inevitable comparison to the original. I love AC's music but I dont know if he could do WTMN II now.

JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Frankly, I'd be more than happy to hear Alice on the radio. It won't happen, but if Alice Cooper had a hit single in 2010, I'd be a happy man (as long as it rocks and doesn't sound like Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga, even though the latter is kind of cool sometimes. Heck, even a good ballad would be okay by me).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:36 pm

I don't know what radio stations you listen to, but I haven't heard an Alice Cooper song on the radio since about 1979. Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_lol I'd be just fine if he doesn't have any "hits" with this one.

I just have a general distaste for Desmond Child. The guy's a talent and his track record for writing hits speaks for itself. He's done wonders for some of the bands he's worked with, but he also has a habit of softening up the acts he works with. That's the part I could do without.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:07 pm

When is the last time Desmond Child wrote a "hit" anyway? I admit he writes catchy "radio ready" rock songs but when is the last time one of those actually made it to the radio? His style is one from the '80s (not that I'm complaining, I happen to like it).

As far as Desmond work with Alice, I'm okay with that. I loved Trash.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
When is the last time Desmond Child wrote a "hit" anyway?

That I couldn't tell you. I suppose I could look it up, but I'd rather just sit here and complain about an album that hasn't even been recorded yet. Keep your expectations low and you'll rarely be disappointed. Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_razz

I know allot of criticism was pointed in Desmond's direction at the Scorpions Humanity: Hour 1 album (which I actually like) for it's radio friendly, looking-for-a-hit format. That's more or less what I'm basing my criticism on as well. His style (which has worked well in the past) takes the edge off of some of the hard rock bands he's worked with. That's all I'm saying.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:53 am

Apparently Alice is writing songs with Jani Lane of Warrant fame, well Jani Lane says he is writing songs for Alice, for the Welcome to My Nightmare 2 album, we will see if this album ever gets completed, also Bob Ezrin is suppose to be back on board for this:

That Hair Metal Blog: What have you been up to lately?
Jani: Work-wise, all kinds of stuff. I'm actually trying to gear up to do some shows at the end of the summer which, of course, with me, it's always a matter of who's going to play in the band. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends who play in the band are touring this summer, so I've spent my summer pretty much writing. I've pretty much finished all the material for my next record, which I want to do this fall. Also, I'm working on songs for Alice Cooper's next record, "Welcome To My Nightmare 2." I have a song that I'm working on with his (and former Warrant) guitarist, Keri Kelli. We had a couple of tracks on his last record, and this is a very big deal for Alice, as he's got Bob Ezrin producing. I'm also working on a couple of songs for Rhino Bucket, working on songs for a young couple of guys — when I say guys, I mean they're kids, to me — out of Missouri, very talented Ryan Tyler Band. I've written a couple of songs for those guys, they're on the verge of a record deal. Mostly writing stuff. That's what I'm concentrating on is the writing right now. Just working in various studios around town. I've done some work with Fred Coury from Cinderella. Unfortunately, he's out on tour right now, so I can't continue with that until he gets back. Just put a call into him yesterday. Just got married. My wife's name is Kimberly.
That Hair Metal Blog: You said you're writing songs for "Welcome To My Nightmare 2"…
Jani: Well, I have a song in particular that I'm waiting for… Keri Kelli just texted me from Russia. They're in Russia right now and they get back in a few days and hopefully, we will get to knock this song out quickly.
That Hair Metal Blog: You were an Alice Cooper fan growing up. What's it like to write songs for the man?
Jani: Huge Alice fan. I actually… Alice came from Detroit and I grew up in Cleveland. I was a drummer for 20-some years before I had to sell my drums to move to Los Angeles. Once I got here, people said, "Oh, you can sing and you have blonde hair. You're going to be a lead singer." So, I never bought a kit of drums, although I play on all the demos, and I played on some Warrant stuff. I play drums every chance I get. That's the love of my life. I call myself "player of some, master of none."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:33 am

Reminds of interviews with Nikki Sixx or Gene Simmons where they name all these songs and projects that they're working on that never seem to go anywhere. Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_wink

Ah well, good for Jani. He's a good songwriter, too bad he's otherwise a hot mess.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:00 pm

I read that yesturday, I don't know what to think. The last Alice album wasnt the greatest but to have Jani Lane writing just makes me wonder. Why can't Alice just write his own stuff? If he's that bad at writing now he should just stick to golf and stop putting out bland albums. Not trying to be a jerk because I really like Alice Cooper a lot.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I read that yesturday, I don't know what to think. The last Alice album wasnt the greatest but to have Jani Lane writing just makes me wonder. Why can't Alice just write his own stuff? If he's that bad at writing now he should just stick to golf and stop putting out bland albums. Not trying to be a jerk because I really like Alice Cooper a lot.

I think Alice had a winning streak starting with 'Brutal Planet' broken by 'Along came A Spider' which I felt was not a strong album, but the idea of not doing a sequel to 'Welcome Nightmare' troubling but Alice would be better working with Dick Wagner if he is going to do a sequel. It sounds like Alice is running short on ideas, which I hate to say since I am a major fanboy of the Coop.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Yea Brutal Planet wasn't too bad. I like some of the later albums and like you said he had a good streak up til Spider. I just think his albums as a whole haven't been that great. Doesn't stop me from listening to him though because I'm always putting something of his on.

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift   Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper's new album: The Night Shift
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3