Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris Cornell and the "4th Of July"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Chris Cornell and the "4th Of July" Empty
PostSubject: Chris Cornell and the "4th Of July"   Chris Cornell and the "4th Of July" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 4:27 pm

I always loved the Soundgarden track "4th Of July" and this quote from Chris Cornell certainly explains it a bit more. I guess his fried brain is my musical enjoyment. Chris Cornell and the "4th Of July" Drunken_smilie

Quote :
Chris Cornell:

“One time I was on acid, and there were voices ten feet behind my head. The whole time I’d be walking, they’d be talking behind me. It actually made me feel good, because I felt like I was with some people. At one point I was looking back, and I saw that one person was wearing a black shirt and jeans, and the other person was wearing a red shirt. They were always there. It was kinda like a dream, though, where I’d wake up and look and focus once in a while and realize there was no one there. I’d go, ‘Oh, f—k, I’m hearing voices.’ ‘4th of July’ is pretty much about that day. You wouldn’t get that if you read it. It doesn’t read like, ‘Woke up, dropped some acid, got into the car and went to the Indian reservation.”
Back to top Go down

Chris Cornell and the "4th Of July"
Page 1 of 1