Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides

Go down 
+13
MoonChild
Troublezone
exact33
tohostudios
nevermore
Boris2008
Required Fields
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Lari
Witchfinder
akeldama
metalinmyveins
17 posters
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Wow, 61. Way too young to die! I've never really given Y&T a proper listen over the years. I had just happened to decide to check out Mean Streak last night on Spotify. Come to find out this morning that this was one of Tsangarides many credits as a producer.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/legendary-rock-producer-chris-tsangarides-dead-at-61/

R.I.P. Mr. Tsangarides
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 1:26 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7614

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 2:42 pm

RIP

He was one of my favorite producers.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6340

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:03 pm

I only know him from producing Painkiller (and co-writing Touch of Evil) and the Anvil documentary.

61 is too early, I agree. I think he did accomplish quite a lot though, so that's something.

I'll play Painkiller tomorrow on my way to work.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:04 pm

He was in the middle of producing Orange Sky's - Horns and Halos when got sick.  He had to quit and it ruined their career [they should have been huge, dammit].  Here is what they were working on at the time:

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 4:06 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 4:29 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
He was in the middle of producing Orange Sky's - Horns and Halos when got sick.  He had to quit and it ruined their career [they should have been huge, dammit].  Here is what they were working on at the time:

That is fantastic!

Another of his projects that should have been huge

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25944

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 4:52 pm

R.I.P.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 5:42 pm

I recognized the name right away and no wonder.  I looked at his Wikipedia page and he's worked with bands from Depeche Mode to Helloween, Concrete Blonde to Ozzy,  Quireboys to Sisters of Mercy, Lords Of the New Church to Killing Joke.  Good grief I must have a TON of albums he produced.

RIP and thanks for the music.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 5:44 pm

RIP

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 6:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I recognized the name right away and no wonder.  I looked at his Wikipedia page and he's worked with bands from Depeche Mode to Helloween, Concrete Blonde to Ozzy,  Quireboys to Sisters of Mercy, Lords Of the New Church to Killing Joke.  Good grief I must have a TON of albums he produced.

RIP and thanks for the music.

He was also involved with the first two Tygers of Pan Tang releases. "Spellbound" is probably my favorite NWOBHM album of all time.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 9:15 pm

What a shame... great producer, love Painkiller!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 12:10 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39708

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 am

An excellent producer.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9890

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 6:01 am

Too bad. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 12:38 pm

I remember the name from Gary Moore albums. Sad day, 61 is too young.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 1:31 pm

Farewell and thanks for the contributions to my life's soundtrack. Coincidentally, as I type this I'm listening to Girl, which he did some producing.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12645

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 8:16 am

Great body of work and had a nice ear for what each band could bring to the table.

I re-watched "The Story of Anvil" last evening on a whim and was bummed out to come on here this morning and see he'd passed.

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides   R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Chris Tsangarides
Page 1 of 1