Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?

Go down 
+10
MetalRob331
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
EvyMetal
Troublezone
metalinmyveins
manny
DeathCult
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Empty
PostSubject: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:40 pm

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7mlev_chris-cornell-part-of-me-produced-b_music

Shocked

Vitali Klitschko is in it, too, as a merry cowboy...or something. I am baffled, to say the least...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:46 pm

He's dead to me now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:33 pm

What a sell out, I am still a fan of his Soundgarden and Audioslave material, but this is just sad. I hope he gets this out of his system and that this not indict a permante new direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm sure it's a one-off...I wouldn't have a problem with it if the song was any good...but that's just pathetic on all counts.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:42 pm

detuned wrote:
I'm sure it's a one-off...I wouldn't have a problem with it if the song was any good...but that's just pathetic on all counts.

I agree with detuned, if this song was any good that would be a different story, I think it is a great when artist stretches their creative wings and tries something new or goes beyond their choosen genre for inspiration, but this song sucks, and I am surprised considering how many great songs he has written that he let this song see the light of the day.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:52 am

This is truly awful...

One kind of wishes they could take a little trip back in time to Seattle in 1988 with a cassette in hand of this video to Chris Cornell. I wonder what his reaction would be?

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:55 am

Could've seen that one coming a mile away. Cornell has always come off fake to me. Johnny Cash sings Soundgarden material better than he does! Never understood the fascination with that band. And Audioslave [the 2 songs I have heard] are just more fluff-of-the-day. We need to give the airwaves back to the people.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:04 am

He's lost his mind! Freak'n sellout!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:23 am

If you're good at a certain thing and everyone knows you for that thing, and you want to branch out and try something new, just don't SUCK SO MUCH D*CK doing it. Unless you want the criticism.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:49 am

Yeah, this came out awhile ago.

Everybody wants to work with Timbaland! He'll be producing the next Iron Maiden album. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:35 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Could've seen that one coming a mile away. Cornell has always come off fake to me. Johnny Cash sings Soundgarden material better than he does! Never understood the fascination with that band. And Audioslave [the 2 songs I have heard] are just more fluff-of-the-day. We need to give the airwaves back to the people.

I loved Soundgarden, not so much the 90's output, but Screaming Life, Fopp, Ultramega OK, and Louder Than Love are some of my favorites. Never did really care for Cornell's voice though. Or Johnny Cash's covers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:13 am

Genre-hopping is what all the cool kids are doing these days. Look for his country album some time later this year.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:18 pm

not my cup of tea. i wasn't expecting anything rock related from him though, since he's working with Timbaland. hearing this wasn't shocking.

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:24 pm

It's not really shocking. This sort of thing happens these days. It's how musicians make money now. Something more impressive would have been a melding of hip hop and rock. Cornell basically stepped into the shoes of Justin Timberlake. And his voice is entirely wasted. In fact, he actually sounds like he can't sing.

Go listen to "Birth Ritual," then listen to this song. Baffling. This new song is 99% Timbaland and 1% Cornell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Go listen to "Birth Ritual," then listen to this song. Baffling. This new song is 99% Timbaland and 1% Cornell.

Great point. This song could have just been comprised of cutting room floor outtakes of Cornell's voice and the product would have been exactly the same. This is almost as transparent as Jewel when she decided to become a pop princess a few years back. Horrid stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:36 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Great point. This song could have just been comprised of cutting room floor outtakes of Cornell's voice and the product would have been exactly the same. This is almost as transparent as Jewel when she decided to become a pop princess a few years back. Horrid stuff.
But that Jewel video was OUTSTANDING!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Cornell's great voice (my opinion) mixed with that horrid production and AWFUL lyrics is a match made in hell....talk about wasting talent. I hope they paid him ALOT.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Wow...wow.... did I really just watch that? Did I really just hear that? I guess I should have seen this coming when he did that cover of Billy Jean and that was just awful. Really though this does just sound like a Timbaland album with Chris Cornell samples thrown in there.

Watching that video I was just waiting for Cornell to start doing Britney Spears dance moves or something. If he would have I would have been sold but this I just dont know about. He has such a great voice and now its gone. R.I.P Chris Cornell

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Billy Jean was an outstanding cover, but this song O man Chris. But thats the luxury of the business regardless of what we think, he is still getting paid.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:22 pm

Not shocking but still sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:11 pm

What I find shocking is that Vitali Klitschko is a fruity-looking cowboy in the video. And that dance at the end? Haha.

Vitali is a boxer, by the way. German, heavyweight champ. So it's an odd pairing.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:22 pm

One word comes to mind...Karaoke.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:01 pm

I guess it's not out of the question to hear James Hetfield bust a rap on the next Metallica record.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:23 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I guess it's not out of the question to hear James Hetfield bust a rap on the next Metallica record.

If he does, the band will be dead the next day.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:02 am

For his next single a duet with Ricky Martin. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?   Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Um...What Happened To Chris Cornell?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next