Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Producer Geoff Workman passes away

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Producer Geoff Workman passes away Empty
PostSubject: Producer Geoff Workman passes away   Producer Geoff Workman passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Geoff Workman, a studio engineer who worked with Twisted Sister and Motley Crue (to name just a few) "back in the day," passed away yesterday.

MÖTLEY CRÜE Engineer Geoff Workman Passes Away
Posted on Friday, January 29, 2010 at 10:50:45 EST

Producer Geoff Workman passes away T131318

Geoff Workman, who collaborated as a producer and engineer with some of the greatest names in rock, has died.

Not much is known about the circumstances of Workman’s demise.

However, session guitarist Michael Riesenbeck posted the following on Facebook: “Guys, we lost Geoff Thursday morning. He was at home, in his bed and it was peaceful. We will be making funeral arrangements early this coming week. It has been rough. Please pass this on to anyone who knew him or loved him.”

Workman’s career stretched back to 1970, when he was the tape op on the KING CRIMSON album Lizard.

Subsequently, he worked with QUEEN, JOURNEY, FOREIGNER, MÖTLEY CRÜE, THE CARS, TWISTED SISTER and TOTO.

Workman engineered the Crüe’s Shout At The Devil album. That’s his voice you can hear on the intro track, 'In The Beginning'.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Producer Geoff Workman passes away   Producer Geoff Workman passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:50 pm

That guy had a hell of resume, and own dozens of albums he worked on. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Producer Geoff Workman passes away   Producer Geoff Workman passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Don't recognize the name, but I'm familiar with his work. Pest in Peace

Quote :
Workman engineered the Crüe’s Shout At The Devil album. That’s his voice you can hear on the intro track, 'In The Beginning'.

I've always assumed that was Nikki's voice heavily distorted. Cool.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Producer Geoff Workman passes away   Producer Geoff Workman passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Sad news. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Producer Geoff Workman passes away   Producer Geoff Workman passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:57 pm

In addition to SHOUT @ THE DEVIL and STAY HUNGRY, Workman's resume also includes...

Drivin N Cryin's SMOKE
Journey's DEPARTURE and DREAM AFTER DREAM
Toto's TURN BACK
Queen's JAZZ
Foreigner's HEAD GAMES
Sammy Hagar's DANGER ZONE
Warrior Soul's LAST DECADE DEAD CENTURY and DRUGS GOD AND THE NEW REPUBLIC (Hail! He should be declared a Saint simply for these two... hahaha)
and "2" by Tommy Tutone

among others....

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I've always assumed that was Nikki's voice heavily distorted. Cool.

I always thought that was Sixx's voice too. Ya learn something new every day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Producer Geoff Workman passes away   Producer Geoff Workman passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:03 pm

He was involved with some great bands! RIP!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39561

PostSubject: Re: Producer Geoff Workman passes away   Producer Geoff Workman passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Don't recognize the name, but I'm familiar with his work. Pest in Peace

Recognized the name,couldn't place where I'd seen it before. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Producer Geoff Workman passes away   Producer Geoff Workman passes away Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:14 pm

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Producer Geoff Workman passes away   Producer Geoff Workman passes away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Producer Geoff Workman passes away
Page 1 of 1