Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71

Go down 
+8
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Gilbert
manny
Troublezone
Lari
metalken
MetalGuy71
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Empty
PostSubject: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 8:55 pm

Legendary British producer Martin Birch, who is best known for engineering and producing albums by DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW, FLEETWOOD MAC, WHITESNAKE, BLACK SABBATH, BLUE ÖYSTER CULT and IRON MAIDEN, has died at the age of 71

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/legendary-iron-maiden-and-deep-purple-producer-martin-birch-dead-at-71/

https://sleazeroxx.com/r-i-p-renowned-producer-engineer-martin-birch-iron-maiden-whitesnake-rainbow-1948-2020/

Dude had quite the resume. Produced some stone-cold classic albums in his time. RIP.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:24 pm

This is very sad news. Great talent - it is crazy to believe that he "retired" some 28 years ago; I would have thought he would have been older.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:27 pm

Oh no, not "Marvin" (if you read Bruce Dickinson's book, you understand). Birch is a big part of heavy metal lore.

He produced my all-time favourite record - Heaven and Hell. He also did Purple's Machine Head.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:50 pm

I love his work with Maiden and Sabbath. He has left his mark in metal history! R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 10:09 pm

This guy was an amazing producer.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 10:38 pm

We lost a great man. R.I.P sir.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 11:04 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 8:27 am

That's a bummer. Listened to "Powerslave" during the morning dog walk, will spin "Heaven & Hell" at some point later today. R.I.P., sir.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 8:41 am

Sad news. Loved his work.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 9:03 am

RIP. What a fantastic producer.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 3:45 pm

He produced so many great albums!! Sad news Sad

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 4:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That's a bummer. Listened to "Powerslave" during the morning dog walk, will spin "Heaven & Hell" at some point later today. R.I.P., sir.

I can't believe i still don't own Heaven & Hell. The reason is that i own all of the songs that are on this album, on a couple of compilations, so i never thought of picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 7:00 pm

It sucked hearing this a couple of days ago. When looking over Martin's résumé, I'm happy to say I have most of it. Martin was truly one of the greats and he will be missed. It is bizarre to think that he's been retired since age 43. I hope those 28 years were everything he hoped they would be. The time he gave as a producer was short, but legendary!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71   Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Producer Martin Birch Dies at 71
Page 1 of 1