Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geoff Tate

Go down 
+50
Runicen
akeldama
Arjun_M
Witchfinder
Lurideath
jstate
Gilbert
Troublezone
corplhicks
stormspell
Wurthless
Wayne
SycoMantis91
Vexer6
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
Leatherface
candlemass
Chairman_Smith
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
Boris2008
Lari
kmorg
DevZor
Sutekh
kethdredd
A Handful of Wayne
Alex Dee Rokket
Citanul
brokentulsa
chewie
DallasBlack
James B.
Eyesore
EmoElmo
exact33
tul
Joe
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
Shawn Of Fire
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
54 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:34 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=178100

Makes sense from a $$$$ POV.

A lot of people believe singer = band anyway.  Even in thrash, death, or black metal, much less power metal.

Get Mark Zonder on drums, some guys from LETHAL or HEIR APPARENT ... you might have a killer band.

If DeGarmo joined him (which would never happen) then this would be the real QR.

But he'll probably get some local Seattle musicians with no names and no track record of writing great metal songs and they'll try to ape their 80s songs unsuccessfully.  The smart thing to do is hire a professional hack (Roy Z) to ape their old stuff for them.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:51 pm

Yeah, but Tate seems disinterested in metal nowadays. He only really cares for a handful of bands, and it's traditional ones. Queensrÿche haven't been metal in many, many years now, so do you really think he'll start a metal band now?

At least when Queensrÿche first started, he had some interest in the metal scene, at least enough to play in a metal band. Now he shows no interest in what goes on in metal nowadays, so the chances of them putting anything remotely metal together is slim to nil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:58 pm

Supposedly he wanted their new album to be metal.

Whether he likes it or not, he knows what the fans want. I think the real question is ... can he give it to them?

He's on his last legs now and he knows it. It's time to start making the fans happy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:07 am

I suppose this was inevitable. Sigh.

Watch for the package tour with Jack Russell's Great White, Luca Turrilli's Rhapsody and Oliver/Dawson Saxon...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:09 am

Agree with ALL of the above.

I would say though, if ya ever met the guy, Rockenfield has always been the true soul of that band. Underrated as hell.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:11 am

Quote :
Watch for the package tour with Jack Russell's Great White, Luca Turrilli's Rhapsody and Oliver/Dawson Saxon...

You forgot L.A. Guns and those girls who used to be Vixen.

They do it because that's what the fans really want.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:21 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Quote :

You forgot L.A. Guns and those girls who used to be Vixen.

They do it because that's what the fans really want.

Tracii Guns finally gave up using the L.A. Guns name recently. One down, several dozen to go!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:23 am

I don't know who is being more unrealistic here. Tate bringing Queensryche2 into the mix...or the band trying to continue on without the ONLY memorable thing about them, their vocalist.

Queensryche are talented, I'll give them that, but honestly...without Tate's vocals there really isn't much to distinguish them. When you have one of the most identifiable singers out there...replacing them isn't such a great idea. Blaze Bayley anyone? Ripper Owens anyone?

The only reason Black Sabbath got away with it initially was because they hired another already-established vocalist to take over for Ozzy (and the Dio albums did sell nearly as well)...but take a look at their record sales with Tony Martin and it was pathetic.

This is the future for Queensryche, another band struggling to maintain a fanbase without their singer...while the singer tries to split the same exact fanbase with his version, they'll both fail. In the end they'll try for a few years, they will all go broke and then they'll be forced to reform. It's pathetic. They need to either mend fences with Tate or change the name to Rising West and create their own identity.

As for which version is "metal" or not, who really cares at this point in time? I mean, they left that part of their sound behind YEARS AND YEARS AGO. Their best selling album by far was Empire and that album isn't even remotely metal (though a very good album).

Do people actually expect Tate to magically zap back to 1988 stylistically? However, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the other band is going to do....

Regardless, it just fragments and confuses an already dwindling fanbase.

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:27 am

Ah hell - Now I gotta stay up and listen to some old Queensryche. Some of us have to work tomorrow, ya know???
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 am

I think its a terrible idea, call it Geoff Tate, he could promote himself as the voice of Queensryche and make a decent living on the oldies circuit and festivals, especially if he puts together a killer band that rivals Queensryche themselves.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:13 am

This has officially reached bad joke status now...my love for the first 6 albums aside, screw these guys. Geoff Tate 19976

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:38 pm

*Twilight Zone music cues*
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Very depressing really. Get along enought to tour together ya hacks. How many get to work with only people they really like?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Not surprised at all and I have absolutely no interest in a Tate version of Queensryche. We already had that and it gave us Dedicated To Chaos.

As far as Tate saying he wanted the next album to be metal - that's total BS. He's been saying that about every release to get people that want that to buy the new album on release date. He said DTC was going to be a metal album and we all know what a turd that turned out to be.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:27 pm

This is just dumb.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This is just dumb.

Tell me about it, now we have to deal with two Queensryche threads! Razz
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: re   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Instead of getting the rights to Operation Mindcrime the production company should make a comedy out of this. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:58 pm

S.D. wrote:
I don't know who is being more unrealistic here. Tate bringing Queensryche2 into the mix...or the band trying to continue on without the ONLY memorable thing about them, their vocalist.

Queensryche are talented, I'll give them that, but honestly...without Tate's vocals there really isn't much to distinguish them. When you have one of the most identifiable singers out there...replacing them isn't such a great idea. Blaze Bayley anyone? Ripper Owens anyone?

The only reason Black Sabbath got away with it initially was because they hired another already-established vocalist to take over for Ozzy (and the Dio albums did sell nearly as well)...but take a look at their record sales with Tony Martin and it was pathetic.

This is the future for Queensryche, another band struggling to maintain a fanbase without their singer...while the singer tries to split the same exact fanbase with his version, they'll both fail. In the end they'll try for a few years, they will all go broke and then they'll be forced to reform. It's pathetic. They need to either mend fences with Tate or change the name to Rising West and create their own identity.

As for which version is "metal" or not, who really cares at this point in time? I mean, they left that part of their sound behind YEARS AND YEARS AGO. Their best selling album by far was Empire and that album isn't even remotely metal (though a very good album).

Do people actually expect Tate to magically zap back to 1988 stylistically? However, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the other band is going to do....

Regardless, it just fragments and confuses an already dwindling fanbase.

I will agree the band and Tate were better together but now they are not. Tate has little interest in making the music that made him and the band famous. I think the new band can outsell the last couple of albums with Tate.

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:48 am

Who sings better now, Tate or Don Dokken?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:56 am

EmoElmo wrote:
Who sings better now, Tate or Don Dokken?
You can't be serious. Tate, obviously. He's not that bad these days.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:58 am

And I refuse to write off either side. Geoff should suck it up and move on, focus on his solo albums and winery stuff. No shame in that, even if Queensryche was the money machine. And let's see what the other guys can do with what's-his-nuts.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:29 pm

tul wrote:
Instead of getting the rights to Operation Mindcrime the production company should make a comedy out of this. \'arry \'eadbanger

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And I refuse to write off either side. Geoff should suck it up and move on, focus on his solo albums and winery stuff. No shame in that, even if Queensryche was the money machine. And let's see what the other guys can do with what's-his-nuts.

I agree - at this point Tate knows he will not win in court and is just trying to cause confusion and destroy the brand.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:11 am

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I agree - at this point Tate knows he will not win in court and is just trying to cause confusion and destroy the brand.

Agree!!!!! Tate just needs to let it go and try to build a solo career
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:15 am

Quote :

The issue as I see it though is both Maiden and Priest lost their respective voices when the bands were still interesting, relevant and popular. Queensryche hasn't been any of those 3 things in, what, 15 years? They've got nothing to lose with this new guy.

It worked out for Accept, so I'm going to give QR the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Geoff Tate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate   Geoff Tate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geoff Tate
Page 1 of 32Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next