Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamma Ray - To The Metal

Go down 
+12
Ultimate.Nightmare
7thSaviour
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
krokus
scottmitchell74
Orion Crystal Ice
Smindas
exact33
Fat Freddy
kmorg
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Gamma Ray - To The Metal Empty
PostSubject: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Gamma Ray - To The Metal Gamma+Ray+-+To+The+Metal+by+Eneas

1. Rise 05:05
2. Deadlands 04:23
3. Mother Angel 05:20
4. No Need to Cry 05:56
5. Empathy 05:04
6. To the Metal 05:29
7. All You Need to Know 04:00
8. Time to Live 04:48
9. Shine Forever 03:53
10. Chasing Shadows 04:23

LOOKS PROMISING (and Michael Kiske is guesting on 1 song....)

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:45 pm

GAAAAH! I'M BEHIND ON GAMMA RAY!

...I don't even have "LAND OF THE FREE II" yet and they've already cranked out another one!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:58 pm

its like $29 at cdinzane. Ill wait for a better price.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Great! Awesome cover. Should be good (never really been let down by them yet)
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:24 pm

They released the title track and honestly, I thought it was utter pants. I love Gamma Ray, but Land of the Free Pt. II was a huge let down and from what I hear, this one is headed the same way. I'll still check it out at some point, but I don't have high hopes.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:37 pm

I've bought nothing since 'No World Order!'..and I haven't missed much...Sad

Last edited by Orion Crystal Ice on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Majestic is a good one, OCI. Definitely worth picking up.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:48 pm

I have and really like Majestic.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:17 pm

To many riffs are sounding like of old heavy metal classics, they are not just influenced by classics but sometimes some parts are just copies. Same with the title track of this album and of course many parts on LAND OF THE FREE II. Sad because i am a big GAMMA RAY fan, but KAI HANSEN is just going to far stealing riffs of classic metal songs.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Krokus,
Are you talking about the Iron Maiden stuff on LOTF II? I figured that was some kind of homage to the Masters.

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:26 pm

There's one for the for my list of albums to buy this year.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:43 pm

I recently put a preorder in for the deluxe version. It comes with an extra cd or record or something I have no idea. It also comes autographed sounded cool so I got it. Oh the album also has 3 different front covers depending on which version you buy. They all look really cool. I'm not too crazy about the title or the first song they released. Sounds very generic to me and they seem to get more and more boring after each release in a way. LOTF II was pretty good but no where as good as the first one. I still like them though.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 pm

I need to expand my Gamma Ray collection. I have Blast From The Past, LOTF II, and Somewhere Out In Space. The last one is the best of the two full lenghths but I have a butt load more to get.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:47 am

Dallas, the original Land of the Free is an absolute must-have. No World Order is another favourite of mine.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:43 am

yep, 'Land of the Free', ultra needed, right now. 'Powerplant', also needed. Additional note: the re-recorded 'Land of the Free' tracks on 'Blast From The Past' are inferior to the original recordings, mainly because Henjo, while being a great guitar player, butchers all of Dirk's stuff that was perfect before in favor of teh shrredz. However, all the other re-recordings of songs from the first 3 are incredible, and definitive.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the one time I asked for suggestions here, I got a laundry list of Gamma Ray albums and those three help narrow it down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:57 pm

I didn't get fully "on board" with Gamma Ray till Kai took over the vocals (from LAND OF THE FREE onward). I like Ralf Scheepers' vox in Primal Fear but never thought he sounded "right" for Gamma Ray.

The boy rocked an extreme Mullet in them days though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Technically not a mullet as he merely had the 'front' of his hair tied back. Not really sure why I felt I had to make that point. But yeah, I agree with Ralf not being the greatest fit for Gamma Ray. I loved Heading For Tomorrow but was never too keen on Sigh No More. Insanity & Genius basically lives up to it's title perfectly. Ralf sounded decent on all three (and had some utterly brilliant moments thoughout), but the Kai re-recordings of songs from that era always seem to crush the originals.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:06 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Krokus,
Are you talking about the Iron Maiden stuff on LOTF II? I figured that was some kind of homage to the Masters.

Yes, because the maiden stuff. I am not sure it was a homage to the band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnvmGvY-Qsw
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:07 pm

smindas wrote:
Technically not a mullet as he merely had the 'front' of his hair tied back. Not really sure why I felt I had to make that point. But yeah, I agree with Ralf not being the greatest fit for Gamma Ray. I loved Heading For Tomorrow but was never too keen on Sigh No More. Insanity & Genius basically lives up to it's title perfectly. Ralf sounded decent on all three (and had some utterly brilliant moments thoughout), but the Kai re-recordings of songs from that era always seem to crush the originals.

HEADING FOR TOMORROW was a decent album but it's let down by a couple of songs that are just too freakin' goofy - "Space Eater" (?), "Money" ("moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney!") and the godawful "Free Time," which has the absolute dumbest chorus ever recorded by GR (or any other band, possibly): "Free Time is one of the things that I love, free time is one of the things I enjoy." Um... yeah. Thanks for the info. Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_lol Ralf wrote that one by the way. Gamma Ray - To The Metal 201269

SIGH NO MORE has "Rich & Famous" on it, which is a great track. The rest of the album is pretty forgettable IMO.

INSANITY & GENIUS did nuthin' for me.

Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:20 pm

I think the silly songs are why I liked Heading For Tomorrow. 'Free Time' is quite catchy and 'Money' is one of my favourites, haha. 'Space Eater' was an odd one though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

SIGH NO MORE has "Rich & Famous" on it, which is a great track. The rest of the album is pretty forgettable IMO.

INSANITY & GENIUS did nuthin' for me.

Those who have the Japanese pressing of 'Blast from the Past' get an extra re-recording of 'Rich & Famous' which is awesome.

I thought 'Insanity & Genius' was definitely the best of the Scheepers era. I wouldn't mind hearing the whole thing done over like on 'Blast'.. well, except for .. whatever that horrible thing is that Dirk sings on.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Smindas wrote:
I think the silly songs are why I liked Heading For Tomorrow. 'Free Time' is quite catchy and 'Money' is one of my favourites, haha. 'Space Eater' was an odd one though.

x2!

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 pm

HFT still kicks ass! 13/13

Heaven Can Wait
Lust For Life
HFT
Free Time
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Maiden worship is always welcome in my world! Gamma Ray - To The Metal 11840 Obviously Kai and the boys were heavily influenced by Maiden, but who wasn't back in the 80s, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal   Gamma Ray - To The Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamma Ray - To The Metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next