Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead

Go down 
+17
kmorg
powermacho
corplhicks
Gilbert
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
Olafsto
MoonChild
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
Smindas
mc666
stormspell
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
tul
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Empty
PostSubject: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:21 pm

headbanger

Sounds good !
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Liking that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:04 pm

Heck yeah!! Go Kai!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 1:02 am

$45.86 on Amazon and for the regular jewel case edition without bonus DVD... wtf!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 1:44 am

Dumb lyrics, but great song.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 2:46 am

I've found the last few Gamma Ray albums to be incredibly dull. However, this and the earlier released title track have given me some hope for Empire of the Undead. This track sounds great, sounds like they've got some fire back.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 4:03 am

"To the Metal!" was great album. It would be very hard for this one to top it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 4:38 am

The song echoes Walls of Jericho, which is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 6:32 am

First day purchase for me. I don't need to sample.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:37 am

Rocking, I liked what I heard
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 9:31 am

mc666 wrote:
Dumb lyrics, but great song.

Like most Gamma Ray...  Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 9:37 am

Recipe is there, ingredients not so much.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 am

The Amazon price is for imports which makes me wonder about a U.S. release date?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:52 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
The song echoes Walls of Jericho, which is amazing.

Yeah, I thought that too, which is great as I love WOJ. Toying with a vinyl pre order
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 12:27 pm

I preordered the standard jewel case version.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:24 am

Arrived in the mail today. On the day of release, how about that?! I'll post first impressions later. It comes with a "european bonus track" Built a World
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:38 am

Lari wrote:
Arrived in the mail today. On the day of release, how about that?! I'll post first impressions later. It comes with a "european bonus track" Built a World

Waiting!!  headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:21 pm

MoonChild wrote:
Lari wrote:

Waiting!!  headbanger headbanger 
I'm about to give it a spin now.

Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Raynia10

There in the back you can see the band members painted white, or covered with chalk or whatever powder. The booklet has more pictures like that - looking at the track list it must be a reference to Pale Rider? All in all kind of similar to what they did with the Power Plant photo sessions when they were all blue as smurfs.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:56 pm

First impressions, then.

Avalon reminds me of something off of Majestic. A great track. 70's heavy metal, with tempo changes and a memorable chorus. Nice sound, bursting with life. Not like the overproduced and layered To the Metal. Kai Hansen sounds great. A little rough, just like it should be. I was wondering if I'd like the new drummer, but all is well here. Immediately grabbed my attention.

Hellbent is a power metal track, the core essence of the meaning of power metal. Early Helloween. Frantic thrashing drumming. Hellbent for metal. This is a Kai track.

Pale Rider is next and it's contributed by the new drummer Michael Ehre. Somewhat an oddball song. Mid tempo, dropping the F word in the chorus, kind of heavy and leaning on a simple guitar line. don't know if I like this one that much after one listen. Is this Gamma Ray or Bloodhound Gang? Maybe it'll grow on me.

On to the next one - Born to Fly. Right at the moment the intro hits, you just know it's a Henjo track without even looking at the credits. A great main riff and guitars are just running wild here. Awesome track, even the "flying high like an eagle" lyrics don't bother me.

Next it's the two tracks that were already included in the 2013 EP. Since I don't have it, this was my first time hearing these songs. Master of Confusion is a fun, catchy tune. Another Send Me A Sign? Empire of the Undead sounds like a fast 70's Priest song. Exciter or something. I love it. Fast songs are always my favourites.

After these six tracks I took a break, refilled my glass of whiskey, and came back listening to the same tracks again. I think I'll save the rest for another day.

After another listen, despite still not having heard the whole album, I love what I'm hearing so far. I already like it a lot better than To the Metal. A little bit of Majestic and Land of the Free II, and I loved both those albums.

I hear up-tempo 70's heavy metal with a modern sound. Modern, yet warm.

Speaking of warm, Gamma Ray's studio burnt down in a fire last year.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:41 am

I ordered their ep master of confusion which is excellent.

Will get the new album for sure.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:41 am

Bitchin' review Lari; you just sold me a copy. Smile

Found this:

Hell yeaaaah!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:09 am

I ordered my copy via amazon uk. Can't wait  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:55 am

This is very heavy . gamma ray never disappoints . I have almost all of their discography , really good band overall
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:26 am

This is a great album, and their best in a decade or so.

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead   Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamma Ray - Hell Bent for Metal from Empire of the Undead
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: