Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Power Quest

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
7thSaviour
MetalH
UltraMagnus007
kmorg
Wargod
sam
tohostudios
Metal Misfit
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:16 pm

http://www.myspace.com/powerquest

Pretty good. Remind me of Edguy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:18 pm

I liked Neverworld. Bought the next two, kept one and sold the other.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:59 pm

I find these guys about a year ago, I liked it but it never got to excited to buy anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:00 pm

Their latest one great as hell!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:02 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Their latest one great as hell!

Wargod48

Figures. That's the one I sold.

Neverworld rocked my world when I first head it but I think I'm just sick of this style of music. That said, this band is very good at what they do.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:52 am

I have 2 of their albums, but I never play them these days. I think the band sent me them long time ago.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:58 pm

I discovered this band a while ago and while I love their albums I always found them far better live than on record. I think it was because for me the albums seem too polished ith too much keyboard and the guitar was never high enough in the mix and lacked the crunch I like from this kind of metal. Live they were way better and the songs seem to come alive, especially the Neverworld matrial. Their guitar player is really good.

Their latest album is their best as the the lead vocalist played guitar so there was two guitars on the album which gave it a far more meatier sound than previous records.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:12 pm

I have Magic Never Dies. I picked up a Power Quest cd on Toho's recommendation about a year ago. It's ok, but it didn't grab me so I never really listen to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:24 am

10/10! I love this band! I am a friend of their leader and keyboardist Steve Williams. I will see them play live in September. Can't freakin' wait! headbanger
Back to top Go down

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:39 am

7/10! I've never even heard of them!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:19 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Laughing very hard

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:35 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Based on the name alone? just kidding
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Are these the guys who cover music from old Nintendo games? No, wait, that's PowerGLOVE. Nevermind. Obviously I got nuthin'.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:43 pm

I have the first 2 but only really like the first one "Neverworld". I bought the third one and promptly sold it.

This band is way to keyboard-oriented for me now.

The very definition of "flower metal".

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Solid euro-power metal band. I don't have any of their stuff yet, but I've heard several songs, and it sounds good. I have a friend who really likes them, and I will probably pick some stuff up before too long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:51 pm

there old stuff sounds like dragonforce and they even had ZP(dragonforce vocalist)sing on a song on the demo.but there one of my favorite power metal bands
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:04 pm

I can't wait to see them in September!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Anyone into this band from the UK? Pretty much straight out European styled flower metal, err umm - I mean power metal!!

I love em!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:02 pm

MB already knows this but I used to love this band before I almost totally discarded power metal.

I still have "Neverworld" but I've since unloaded the rest.

If you're a fan of bands like Rhapsody or Hammerfall, I really think you'd like Power Quest.
They are very good at what they do which is melodic power metal.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Yeah, I got my copy of their latest album from you!

One of the best albums you ever sold to me.

I need to get their other stuff, but this album finds it's way into my players constantly.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:01 pm

Yea they are great but their older albums are very hevily keyboard orientated, but they are good.

Its a shame though that the whole entire band has changed now and I really doubt the new singer resembles anything like the original. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Yeah, I heard about that. I guess it was hard being members from all different countries. At least now they have a full UK lineup.

It makes sense too that they are very heavily keyboard dominated, because the founder of the band is the keyboardist (much like Nightwish). I actually like keys in metal!

Anyway ... I have faith in Steve Williams. He will only choose the best musicians for them to carry on with!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:56 am

I can't wait to hear their next album! Their new guitarist kicks axe!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:13 am

7thSaviour wrote:

You and me both little buddy!

Do you know when it is coming out and what it will be called? I have high hopes for this one. I hope I'm not disappointed. I'm predicting top 5 for the year.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:48 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

You and me both little buddy!

Do you know when it is coming out and what it will be called? I have high hopes for this one. I hope I'm not disappointed. I'm predicting top 5 for the year.
It'll be out later in the year. Title TBA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Power Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Quest   Power Quest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Quest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next