Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two Crucified GEMS!

Go down 
+6
jstate
Stender
Thrasher73
stevegarveyfan
Troublezone
T-Roy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Two Crucified GEMS! Empty
PostSubject: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:32 am

I've had The Complete Collection since Christmas. I listened to the first disc once, which had all their very original demos and releases. It was pure, raw punk and for me...really hard to listen too. Just awful, especially the first two demos. But it was fun and mind blowing all at the same time considering where they ended up.

But, there are two absolute blistering, thrasherrific gems at the very end of that CD that I just imported to iTunes for my iPod. WOW, WOW! Quite possibly two of the best ever Crucified songs.

They are listed under:
'93 Ocean Recordings (remixed)
37. Straining of Life
38. Power of God

Power of God is just totally killer. It has this super mean riff and tone.... its badass. Straining of Life is awesome as well. I've been listening to these two non-stop for the last 48 hours! I put them at the end of my POH playlist cuz they fit so well.

Anybody know the history of these two songs? From that date they are under, they are post "Pillars of Humanity." And they sound like a natural progression from POH.

If you haven't heard these two songs you GOTTA get them if you like The Crucified!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:12 am

Those two unreleased songs were meant to be on their next/unfinished third album.

If you have the boxset there should be some info/notes.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:55 am

Yes, those are indeed two absolutely KILLER songs, possibly the best tracks they ever recorded. Those two songs KILL.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:51 am

Yep Power Of God is a killer song.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:55 am

If they did that third album it would have been great.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:57 am

Troublezone wrote:

Maybe one day they'll Reunite and Release it
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:59 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Maybe one day they'll Reunite and Release it

They are reunited and playing shows periodically.
http://www.thecrucified.net/Cru/Shows.html

The question is if they do a new album...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:01 pm

So they are back together? I knew they had done a few shows recently but didnt know if it was a permanent thing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:12 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
So they are back together? I knew they had done a few shows recently but didnt know if it was a permanent thing

Apparently it's still ongoing. But more of a side thing and not a priority...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Those songs are so killer, be awesome if they finished that album.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:27 pm

Cool songs, I wish they recorded the third album also. Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Those two unreleased songs were meant to be on their next/unfinished third album.

If you have the boxset there should be some info/notes.
It's a three disc set one is a DVD and there is no booklet or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Two Crucified GEMS!   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Yep Power Of God is a killer song.
\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: POWER OF GOD   Two Crucified GEMS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:13 pm