Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

this book is recommended?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

this book is recommended? Empty
PostSubject: this book is recommended?   this book is recommended? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 12:19 am

http://www.amazon.com/Goldmine-Heavy-Metal-Record-Price/dp/0873418115

or if you know any other recommended books for Heavy Metal Collectors, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: this book is recommended?   this book is recommended? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 12:25 am

thanks for the recommendation. i'll have to check it out.

PostSubject: Re: this book is recommended?   this book is recommended? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 12:44 am

This book is also highly recommended!

http://www.amazon.com/Eyesore-Kenneth-Wood/dp/0595439284/
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: this book is recommended?   this book is recommended? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 12:48 am

lol @ eyesore... nice plug.

i'm not a big poetry guy. unless it's set to music. but i had a feeling you were an acomplished writer.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: this book is recommended?   this book is recommended? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 12:55 am

I personally get a lot out of the Martin Popov books. I can read his reviews and pretty much tell that I'm going to like something even if it's something he pans. The downside for metal guys though is that he (like me) is going to waste a lot of space writing about things tangential to metal such as vaguely hard rock, etc. He is scheduled to have a 90's encyclopedia coming out soon, and that one should be pretty much pure metal reviews though.
There was also an Encycopedia of "Extreme Metal" that came out a couple of years ago that is pretty good, sorry I forgot the author's name. The M.C. Strong discographies are also very helpful books.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: this book is recommended?   this book is recommended? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 2:25 am

mc666 wrote:
lol @ eyesore... nice plug.

i'm not a big poetry guy. unless it's set to music. but i had a feeling you were an acomplished writer.
Believe it or not, I'm not a big poetry fan either. I just used to write in notebooks all the time, so I ended up with tons of free verse poetry. So I published some of it. Most of what I wrote was the beginnings of lyrics, not necessarily intended poetry. I'd just let the words flow and then later pulled things out for lyrics. I wrote a little as strict poetry, but not much. Now that I don't do much with music, I don't write much this way. That'll likely be my last poetry book for a long time.

Right now I'm writing a novel. Metal fans should dig it, especially fantasy fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this book is recommended?   this book is recommended? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this book is recommended?
Page 1 of 1