Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone read Scott Ian's book?

Go down 
+10
manny
Troublezone
Gilbert
assault_attack
nevermore
tul
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 5:26 pm

I was shocked to read that they auditioned the singer for MIND OVER FOUR after Belladonna left.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 9:43 am

No, but I'd really like to read it. Did you enjoy it ToB?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 10:54 am

plan on getting this real soon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 11:12 am

I'd check it out...I'm sure he's got some good stories

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 12:52 pm

I did enjoy it but I am a sucker for these kinds of things, even for artists I am not crazy about.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 3:23 pm

Since the libary ordered it, I will read it soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 7:51 pm

No reason to.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 6:15 pm

I have a copy on the way.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 6:44 pm

Painkiller wrote:
No reason to.

Are you telling me that you don't enjoy at least their first two albums?
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I did enjoy it but I am a sucker for these kinds of things, even for artists I am not crazy about.

Yeah, Me too!

I just watched the Knebworth 2013 concert today. I'm a Joey Belladonna fan so the couple of songs shown were very cool..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 7:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Actually, I like the first three Anthrax albums a lot, and I even saw them a few years ago with Death Angel and Testament. I just don't have that much interest in them beyond that.

One reason why I dislike Scott Ian is that he doesn't even acknowledge Neil Turbin as one of Anthrax's vocalists. Instead, he only acknowledges Joey Belladonna and John Bush.

I can't respect anyone for being that much of a douche.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:12 am

He talked about him quite a bit in the book. But he didn't mention Dan Nelson once IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Nah. I'll just skip this one.

never cared about anthrax that much. Probably one of my least favourite thrash bands.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:08 pm

I skimmed through it at Barnes & Noble. I plan to get it soon! I still need to finish the Rex Brown/Pantera book and after that, the Max Cavalera bio. I also want to get the Michael Sweet/Stryper book too...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:19 pm

There are so many rock autobiographies coming out I can barely keep up with them, but this along with the countless others will eventually make it on my reading list.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:42 pm

manny wrote:
There are so many rock autobiographies coming out I can barely keep up with them, but this along with the countless others will eventually make it on my reading list.

It's like they are just putting them out as a way to make up for the lack of album sales. But it's all good, because I like reading them.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:45 pm

I'm also trying to finish the David Ellefson book too. Why can't I just pick one and get through it before I start another?

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 9:08 pm

I've read the Rex one, Iommi, Mustiane, Skolnick, Ellefson.

Wanna read Yngwie's soon.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 3:04 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
He talked about him quite a bit in the book.  But he didn't mention Dan Nelson once IIRC.

That's a shame, I don't think anyone really knows the facts of that one, but it sounded ugly.

I'll pick it up for pennies on paperback, I can't be bothered paying premium prices for it.

Didn't even know that there was an Ellefson book. Wish he'd written it when he wasn't working for Dave.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:36 am

I'll pick this up eventually. I read a bunch of these bios too. I find most of them fascinating. The Rex Brown book was interesting because Rex covered a bunch of the business aspects of the band that I knew nothing about.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I've read the Rex one, Iommi, Mustiane, Skolnick, Ellefson.

Wanna read Yngwie's soon.

I read Yngwie, its pretty good but nothing in it will surprise you, and I had no idea Skolnick wrote one, and I see Ron Keel has a book out also
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Quote :
Ron Keel has a book out also

You gotta be kidding. Was it self published? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Actually, I like the first three Anthrax albums a lot, and I even saw them a few years ago with Death Angel and Testament. I just don't have that much interest in them beyond that.

One reason why I dislike Scott Ian is that he doesn't even acknowledge Neil Turbin as one of Anthrax's vocalists. Instead, he only acknowledges Joey Belladonna and John Bush.

I can't respect anyone for being that much of a douche.

neil Turbin is very good. I love what he did with anthrax.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I am not sure, but it looks that way, and here you can read an exert :

http://www.amazon.com/Even-Keel-Life-Streets-Rock-ebook/dp/B00IJFQA1Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416250367&sr=1-1&keywords=ron+keel&pebp=1416250376524
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 2:00 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I am not sure, but it looks that way, and here you can read an exert :

http://www.amazon.com/Even-Keel-Life-Streets-Rock-ebook/dp/B00IJFQA1Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416250367&sr=1-1&keywords=ron+keel&pebp=1416250376524

It's self-published. Wild West Media, LLC is Ron Keel's company.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Scott Ian's book?   Anyone read Scott Ian's book? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone read Scott Ian's book?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next