Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.

Go down 
+6
AchrisK
ultmetal
metalheaded
Thrasher73
ohwellmonkey
krokus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Empty
PostSubject: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:50 pm

New album and total killer. Check out this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLC0MXfRtpM&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpnH8CUCIh8&feature=related
TOTALY INCREIBLE. One of the best thrash metal cds this year for shore. What a great comeback.
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:38 pm

Sweet
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:47 pm

Yes, WHIPLASH new album realy sound great. I am surprised not to see more replays on this post. WHIPLASH sound like the way they should sound in 2009, like in the 80s. Like this, all their old fans like me will buy their records. KILLER.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:16 pm

Good stuff for sure.There's just too much quality stuff coming out right now.Need to put this on the list.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:37 pm

Not bad... WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Headbang

I have Ticket to Mayhem (the only Whiplash I've heard, thus far), and Tony's vocals sound a lot different, now, on the new one. Age, maybe? On TTM, he was much more aggressive and shrieky-sounding...great stuff.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:50 am

I'm loving this new Whiplash CD. Lots of variety. Each song has it's own personality. This is not thrash for thrash sake, but rather focuses on tuneful choruses as well as heavy riffs and aggressive songwriting. Anyone else pick this up yet?

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:03 am

I probably will pick it up eventually. The title is slightly off putting, but I know that isn't always as it seems (e.g. Enemy of God).

I think I have all their other stuff (ok, maybe not Sit Stand Kneel Prey). They really went away from thrash for Cult of One, although it was a good album. It seems they never went back to straight up, full on, thrash, but maybe that is cool. I was just listening to Thrashback yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:22 pm

I am a huge fan of their 1st album but all the others have not been up to the same standards to me. The new one sounds ok, but not what I was expecting when I heard it. This one is going to have to grow on me.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Their whole discog has been almost defined by change. I found Ticket to Mayhem ok, but love Power and Pain. Both of those are pretty similar. Then they changed so much for Insult to Injury, but I still really like it. Then they changed even more after that. It is surprising to me that I like their discog as much as I do.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Insult to Injury is one of my favorites from Whiplash. They really refined their sound with that one. The first two were more raw. Like those two as well. I guess I just like it all. LOL!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Unborn Again just arrived in the mail this morning. First impression is that's it's pretty darn good. Got my foot tappin' and my head bobbin'. Of course that could be the coffee kicking in too.

Insult to Injury is my favorite disc though.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Insult to Injury is my favorite disc though.

Yeah mine too.Unborn Again is no slouch but Insult has much stronger songs and the vocals are a little more varied which I like.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:20 pm

I should be receiving my copy soon. Can't wait to play it WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. 11840
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:46 pm

It sounds very "power-metalish" to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.   WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHIPLASH:UNBORN AGAIN.
Page 1 of 1