Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem

Go down 
+7
jstate
speed101
ultmetal
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
adrian
DallasBlack
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Empty
PostSubject: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  9e352c6f828335e39a77bd39f81ede3d

Saw this at Half Price Books for $35, is it worth it. Amazon's lowest used price is over $60. Because of the price I keep skipping over it but might take the plunge if it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Oh wow, I wish I had bought this album when it was cheaper. I remember seeing it more in the ten dollar range a few years back Sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:52 pm

I wouldn't pay that much for any CD, but that's just me being a cheap bastard.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:53 pm

I have it. Really good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Classic thrash metal IMO.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I wouldn't pay that much for any CD, but that's just me being a cheap bastard.

For the most part I prefer being thrifty but when it comes to OOP stuff I will pay some more, but only if it's worth it. This double album is actually for half the going rate which is kind of a good deal. Comes to about $17 an album. Any more good words from HoM will probably sway me. The only thing is my sense of propriety reqires me to wait on ordering some of the album I've been waiting to order as I've already spent about $20 this week. It's only been a couple of weeks since spending $200 on CDs so I need to be thrifty. I just realized as I've been typing that it's been there for two weeks so I might just wait til next week and if it's there get it, and if not then it wasn't meant to be.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Fair enough, it's your money. Haha.

Twenty years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about spending that much on a CD if it was something I really wanted. Nowadays, as I'm so fond of saying, if I dropped that much coin on a disc my wife would staple my nuts to my forehead.

...and for the record, I never thought Whiplash were all dat 'n' a bag o' chips anyway so that may be clouding my judgment. I saw'em open for Overkill back in the day and they didn't do much for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 pm

I wouldnt pay that much either for any cd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:41 pm

db, those are both good albums, but it's NOT worth $35.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:55 am

Tough call. When I'm faced with such a quandary first thing I do is think of the replay value of such a purchase. For me personally Whiplash has a ton of that. I also consider whether the prices wont increase even more. I got mine a couple of years back for about 13.00, so clearly it has increased a lot over a short period of time. Another thing I do is think of what other things could be had for the price of that one disc. How many things could I knock off my want list if I spent the money elsewhere.

Does Half Price ever have sales that might knock it down some? If they do, I would probably be tempted to wait for that since you said it has been there a few weeks.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:33 am

I'm going to continue to wait as in my experience high price CDs at used CD places have a lot of staying power so there's a chance it will be there for a while. Maybe it will get a reissue some day and I won't have to pay that much or if I do, it will be new and not used.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 6:18 am

You could also stash it away in the world music section just in case of a sale or change of mind. But if you are anything like me the second you buy it for 35.00 one will appear on amazon for twenty.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Download it. Its out of print, not harming anyone.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:16 pm

you should at least download it, or stream it online & judge for yourself if it's worth the cash to have the physical. that's what's great about the internet.

personally, i wouldn't pay that kind of price for them. they are decent albums, but nothing you'll go crazy over.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Power and pain is one of my favourite.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:23 am

Quote :
personally, i wouldn't pay that kind of price for them. they are decent albums, but nothing you'll go crazy over.

I'm of the same opinion. I found my copy years ago for a fraction of what you listed. And I wouldn't pay $35 for any cd either.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Hey guys, thanks for convincing me to hold off on this one. By holding off and letting it stay on their shelves, the price was cut by half. I got it for $19.95! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:12 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for convincing me to hold off on this one. By holding off and letting it stay on their shelves, the price was cut by half. I got it for $19.95! headbanger

Awesome! Talk about it being worth the wait!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 6:00 am

Love it when that happens. Enjoy it - it's a good one.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Cool news.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem    Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whiplash - Power and Pain/Ticket to Mayhem
Page 1 of 1