Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Savatage memorabilia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Savatage memorabilia Empty
PostSubject: Savatage memorabilia   Savatage memorabilia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:37 pm

This would be nice to have.

SAVATAGE: CRISS OLIVA Guitar Effects Unit Being Auctioned - Sep. 24, 2009
An Ibanez DM1100 guitar effects unit that once belonged to late SAVATAGE guitarist Criss Oliva is being auctioned via eBay.

A description of the item reads as follows: "The unit has been thoroughly tested and it works perfectly but shows obvious wear from being on many SAVATAGE world tours. It's missing two knobs, the feedback knob is broke off but they can be turned. This delay unit is one of the keys to unlocking Criss' tone."

For more information and to place a bid, go to this location.

Last October marked the 15th anniversary of the passing of Criss Oliva. To honor his memory, the Greek edition of Rock Hard magazine published a special five-page article featuring interviews with about Criss conducted exclusively for this story.

A translated version of the article can now be found on the Savatage Legion (Greece) MySpace page.

The following people were interviewed for the article:

* Steve "Dr. Killdrums" Wacholz (original SAVATAGE drummer)
* Paul O'Neill (longtime SAVATAGE and TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA producer and co-writer)
* Chris Caffery (guitars, SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA)
* Johnny Lee Middletton (bass, SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA)
* Zak Stevens (vocals, SAVATAGE, CIRCLE II CIRCLE)
* Alex Skolnick (guitars, TESTAMENT, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, replaced Criss Oliva on "Handful of Rain" album)
* John Zahner (keyboards, JON OLIVA'S PAIN, also SAVATAGE touring member for the "Streets" tour)

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/rockhardgreece.

In the early morning hours of October 17, 1993 Criss Oliva and his wife Dawn were en route to the Livestock Festival in Zephyrhills, Florida when tragedy struck. They were hit head-on by a drunk driver. Criss was killed and Dawn suffered severe injuries.

The driver of the other car was found to have a drunk driving record of seven prior DUIs and having a blood alcohol content of .294 percent (legal Florida limit is .10 percent) and sustained fractured left ribs, jaw, nose, right wrist, and both lower legs with lacerations to his face, legs and right hand, according to RealSavatage.com. The drunk driver was charged and convicted of DUI manslaughter, DUI serious injury, and vehicular homicide but served only 18 months jail time and had his driver's license revoked indefinitely. He was also ordered to write the Oliva family an apology letter and was said to be paying restitution of $100 a month to Dawn Oliva.

Savatage memorabilia Crissolivaseffect
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Savatage memorabilia   Savatage memorabilia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:55 pm

I placed a bid.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Savatage memorabilia   Savatage memorabilia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:31 am

Current bid: $205.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Savatage memorabilia   Savatage memorabilia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:38 am

My birthday is up soon...... I'm just sayin'.

PostSubject: Re: Savatage memorabilia   Savatage memorabilia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Sorry man, we already chipped in and got you the: I love Jon Oliva, boxers with a big lip print on them.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Savatage memorabilia   Savatage memorabilia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:14 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Sorry man, we already chipped in and got you the: I love Jon Oliva, boxers with a big lip print on them.

Savatage memorabilia Lmao You know, I bet Jon would have loved that idea!

PostSubject: Re: Savatage memorabilia   Savatage memorabilia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Of course he would. He knows genius.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Savatage memorabilia   Savatage memorabilia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:18 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

Savatage memorabilia Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Savatage memorabilia   Savatage memorabilia Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:04 pm

kmorg wrote:
My birthday is up soon...... I'm just sayin'.

Mine too, you should buy it for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Savatage memorabilia   Savatage memorabilia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Savatage memorabilia
Page 1 of 1