Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Savatage album!!!

Go down 
+4
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Sword Of The Heretic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

New Savatage album!!! Empty
PostSubject: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2023 9:37 pm

Never thought I'd be saying those words again 🤘🤘

https://bravewords.com/news/jon-oliva-reveals-new-savatage-album-working-title-lineup-and-more-this-will-probably-be-the-last-record-we-ever-make-ever-video
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2023 10:37 pm

Awesome news headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 10:06 am

Bring....it... ON!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 10:23 am

Yessss!!!! headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 11:07 am

I’m willing to see what he comes up with. It’s never been the same without Criss. None have been able to fill his shoes.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 11:23 am

(IMHDO) I'd rather they finish it and release it...BAM!  Then get this snippet from a gossip site on the inter-webs  Anywhose... Jack Frost anyone New Savatage album!!! 337331  Al P has no balls in his playing<----(IMHDO)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 11:32 am

This will be interesting to hear. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 11:33 am

Troublezone wrote:
I’m willing to see what he comes up with. It’s never been the same without Criss. None have been able to fill his shoes.

I saw a "Poets & Madmen" gig @ The Roadhouse in Sacramento. Jack Frost was a nice compliment to Caffery (IMHDO) He had Chris' rhythm phrasings down pat. Also (IMHDO). They had some guy who wasn't Zac doing vocals beside Jon, and (IMHDO), he sounded fine. Zac is hit & miss with me. Dig on "Edge of Thorns" & "Handful Of Rain" albums, but the rest are not as great.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 12:36 pm

Holy poop! I didn't think I'd live to see the day.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 2:24 am

Oliva also opened up about his wife's death, saying: "Me and my son Nicholas, we knew it. We were just watching my wife. And I remember telling Nick, I said, 'Dude, I'm terrified. 'Cause I'm gonna come home one day from the studio, and she's gonna be dead on the floor.' And that's exactly what happened… My stepson dies, and then my wife dies, and then my father dies. It's, like, I'm looking up and heaven, going, 'Is that all you've got, motherfuckers?' It's, like, 'Come on, man. Enough already.'

"People don't realize what I have gone through on a personal [level]," Jon continued. "They don't know. It's hard. It's really hard. And I've had to deal with a lot of shit. 'Why aren't you making any music?' Well, fuck you. Why don't you try? Everybody I know is dead. And [people say], 'Why aren't you making any music?' Well, fuck you. You come and try."

Rough stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 6:27 am

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I saw a "Poets & Madmen" gig @ The Roadhouse in Sacramento.  Jack Frost was a nice compliment to Caffery (IMHDO)  He  had Chris' rhythm phrasings down pat. Also (IMHDO).  They had some guy who wasn't Zac doing vocals beside Jon, and (IMHDO), he sounded fine.  Zac is hit & miss with me.  Dig on "Edge of Thorns" & "Handful Of Rain" albums, but the rest are not as great.

I was supposed to see that tour, but our date was canceled.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 3:57 pm

Quote :
They had some guy who wasn't Zac doing vocals beside Jon, and (IMHDO), he sounded fine.

I imagine that would've been Damond Jiniya (I think that's how it was spelled), who was their here-today, gone-tomorrow replacement for Zak.

Quote :
Jack Frost anyone New Savatage album!!! 337331  Al P has no balls in his playing<----(IMHDO)

I doubt Jack will be invited back. I read an interview with him in an old issue of Metal Maniacs or some other mag, where he sez it didn't end well between him and the Savatage camp. Apparently he was treated merely as a hired gun/place holder till Al Pitrelli (whom he referred to as "their boy") was available to return.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 5:37 pm

Yeah, it's Chris Caffery and Al Pitrelli on the upcoming album. And Johnny Lee Middleton, of course. And it's good that way. That is Savatage.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 5:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
They had some guy who wasn't Zac doing vocals beside Jon, and (IMHDO), he sounded fine.

I imagine that would've been Damond Jiniya (I think that's how it was spelled), who was their here-today, gone-tomorrow replacement for Zak.

Quote :
Jack Frost anyone New Savatage album!!! 337331  Al P has no balls in his playing<----(IMHDO)

I doubt Jack will be invited back. I read an interview with him in an old issue of Metal Maniacs or some other mag, where he sez it didn't end well between him and the Savatage camp. Apparently he was treated merely as a hired gun/place holder till Al Pitrelli (whom he referred to as "their boy") was available to return.

thanks Keef \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2024 10:04 am

So it's April and it's been quiet. Somehow I think it's not coming out this month.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2024 10:54 am

Lari wrote:
So it's April and it's been quiet. Somehow I think it's not coming out this month.

I heard a rumor that they went to Vegas to use a studio there for something very special. Jon hit the Buffet at The Bellagio and has not been seen since.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2024 11:49 am

It’s been one year since the announcement. Nothing…
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2024 5:56 pm

Troublezone wrote:
It’s been one year since the announcement. Nothing…

Yap. Hopefully we get a surprise soon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2024 8:14 pm

Jon O. injured his spine (!) last Fall, which I imagine has delayed the proceedings.
https://blabbermouth.net/news/savatages-jon-oliva-fractures-spine-i-slipped-on-a-wet-marble-floor-he-says?fbclid=IwAR2NsnCd-MSTcGVPl9xGbLrBrpcVhQhXEyuU-j2oCIX5-cftQexG5j_k_L8

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 3:36 am

On a positive note, looks like the album is still coming.

We'll just have to wait a bit more.

Fingers crossed 🤞.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 8:09 am

There was supposed to be a Doctor Butcher album, too. That's what Caffery said earlier, like he's done some songs already.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 8:19 am

Lari wrote:
There was supposed to be a Doctor Butcher album, too. That's what Caffery said earlier, like he's done some songs already.

I follow Caffery on Instagram and he hasn't mentioned anything about either project (Sava or DB) in quite some time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Savatage album!!!   New Savatage album!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Savatage album!!!
Page 1 of 1