Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)

Go down 
+4
Shiney
Metallic Blaze
Troublezone
DallasBlack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Empty
PostSubject: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:02 pm

Anybody (the few of us SM fans here) seen this?:

http://www.saviourmachine.com

I'm pretty sure this was puprosely this somber but who knows. I was not aware that his health was this serious and if so my prayers are with him. Either way, it'd be intersting to read his journal about his journey through the carreer of Saviour Machine. Hopefully this isn't a sign of the Legend series not reaching it's conclusion because after the awesomeness of III:I, I'm still eagerly awaiting the final chapter.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:13 pm

I saw this a week ago and it is definately a bit morbid.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:17 pm

OMG ... I am at a loss for words right now. It seems Eric will not be with us much longer.

Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:26 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
OMG ... I am at a loss for words right now. It seems Eric will not be with us much longer.

Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_cry

It might not be that. Remember he has a flare for the dramatic and this could just be an act of artistic expression. Eric is a very private person and he doesn't go into too much detail of his personal life.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:25 pm

Yeah, but he seems really really sick though. Just look at him. He looks like someone in a cancer or AIDS ward.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:18 am

That is rough....his eyes are all teary and whatnot. Doesnt seem very good. Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_sad

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:54 am

I dont think Legend 3:2 will see the light of day especially since he was quoted that working on it makes him physically sick
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:28 am

I've read on the CMR that he is not dying.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:29 pm

kmorg wrote:
I've read on the CMR that he is not dying.

That's what I figured. Anyone who has seen a Saviour Machine stage show (I have the DVD) knows that he has a nack for theatrics.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:19 pm

Addy wrote:
I dont think Legend 3:2 will see the light of day especially since he was quoted that working on it makes him physically sick

I doubt we'll ever see that too. I gave up years ago anyway ...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Addy wrote:

I doubt we'll ever see that too. I gave up years ago anyway ...

Don't count it out completly. I remember reading an interview when the whole Legend project started where he felt that releasing it was a calling from God. He felt strongly that the Lord was telling him to do it (woke him up in the middle of the night actually). He said working on it was making him physically sick due to the fact that he's a perfectionist and ends up working too hard without taking a break (happens to anybody who pushes themselves too hard). There have been many setbacks and his health is just the latest one. If it's God's will it will be completed if not then it won't. Eric has said that most of the work left is production and editing so he may still complete this yet. It just might take some more time.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Let's hope so.

Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:56 pm

I have the whole legend series. This is one of those bands that I really like. I would love to see Legend 3:2 come out Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) 56834
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:31 am

I used to be a major fanboy of Saviour Machine, but I gotta got burnt out on em. I still love their debut album, but the "Legend" series is a bit over-blown IMHO.

I still like em though, but they're not the favorite they once were.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:36 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I used to be a major fanboy of Saviour Machine, but I gotta got burnt out on em. I still love their debut album, but the "Legend" series is a bit over-blown IMHO.

Ever listen to the last one? That is the heaviest thing SM has done and the songs are very good and unlike the last two Legend albums, it's not riddled with ambient noise songs (Legend II is full of them).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:18 pm

I would love to see Legend 3:2 come out but I would want Eric to get better even more..

Alex

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:45 am

exact33 wrote:
I would love to see Legend 3:2 come out but I would want Eric to get better even more..

Alex

Exactly right!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:44 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Ever listen to the last one? That is the heaviest thing SM has done and the songs are very good and unlike the last two Legend albums, it's not riddled with ambient noise songs (Legend II is full of them).

Yeah, the last of the Legend albums III:I (right?) is much much better than the previous ones. I agree. "Legend II" bores me actually.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:39 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Yeah, the last of the Legend albums III:I (right?) is much much better than the previous ones. I agree. "Legend II" bores me actually.

It can bore me but when I'm in the right mood I can listen to it all the way through. If not I listen to two songs (some of the best SM songs IMO), Behold A Pale Horse and Rapture: The Seventh Seal ("Blessed are the dead who die with Christ").
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:32 pm

I love Behold a Pale Horse!!! Great song!

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
I love Behold a Pale Horse!!! Great song!

Have you heard the classical version of it? Contains some amazing piano playing by Nathan Van Hala (one of the best and most underrated keyboardists).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Check out www.saviourmachine.com to find out what the message was about. The exerpts from his journals explain why he has take such a hiatus. Apart from his wife suffering physical problems from an accident several years ago, Eric has been battleing throat cancer and is in danger of getting stomach cancer as well. If Legend is never completed but Eric makes a full recovery, then that's a small price to pay.

I for one have ordered this set of journals not only because I'm interesting in reading more than the excerpts provide but also it helps knowing the sales of these journals will help him and his family out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)   Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cryptic Message From Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine)
Page 1 of 1