Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Metal Concert !!!

Go down 
+29
Dave the Boss
Glenn Rogers
Olafsto
SAHB Healer
nevermore
EvyMetal
Troublezone
Leatherface
DallasBlack
Rex
JBall_Z
James B.
metalhead777
Wargod
Am I Evil?
Stender
Svengo
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
ultmetal
thejokeriv
kmorg
manny
Fat Freddy
stevegarveyfan
mc666
Wicked Rick
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

First Metal Concert !!! Empty
PostSubject: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:43 pm

Is your first Metal concert a great one, one that YOU wanted to go, or a show that you just happened to tag along with family or friend(s)?

My first concert was Ozzy / UFO / Starfighters and it was exactly one month to the day, that Randy Rhoads passed away.

I have any idea, to this day, whom Starfighters was or a song they played?? surprised
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:58 pm

first concert for me was a local NJ grindcore/crustpunk band called Feces. never before had a band name so perfectly described it's sound. fortunately they never made it.

first concert by a major band was Judas Priest. that was a great show.

stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:32 pm

My first metal show was in OKC in November 1989. We saw Deliverance on their "Faster For the Master" tour. Opening act was Tempest (the Rowe Bros. band). That was one KILLER concert. George let us come backstage. He even showed us his guitar (you know, the gray one with "777" written on it?). A couple of the guys even came outside and waved goodbye to us as we left. I seem to recall that it was George and Brian that came outside. What a thrill that was for the four of us guys!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:33 pm

First show: Judas Priest and Dokken on Priest's TURBO tour in 1986. My brother and I got up at 5 AM and walked a couple of miles to the nearest Ticketmaster to line up and wait for the doors to open the day the tickets went on sale (which, looking back, was probably totally unnecessary, but what the hell, it was fun). The crowd waiting outside the Ticketmaster was an odd mix of Priest fans and Depeche Mode fans (D.M. tickets went on sale the same day)... surprisingly enough, no punches were thrown that I could see.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:04 pm

First concert I ever saw I was 12 years old and went with my older brother, they called Orange Rock Superbowl, the headliner was Journey, with Aerosmith (Jimmy Crespo line up) and Bryan Adams.

It rained and during Aerosmith's set the microphone kept shorting out, Steven Tyler got pissed threw his mic stand at a roadie and walked off stage.

What I remember the mist is when we got home my mother gave my brother a lecture and yelled at him for taking such a small kid far away to see some god forsaken rock concert.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:27 pm

First metal concert was the Artch farewll show in 1993/94.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Stryper - To Hell With The Devil tour in Washington, DC winter of 1987 at the Warner Theater!!!!!! Hurricane opened up.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Aerosmith ("Rock in a Hard Place Tour") and Pat Travers ("Black Pearl Tour") at the Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA, 1982. 🤘

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:27 pm

Lamb of God-Killswitch Engage-DevilDriver 2007
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Status Quo, at a local festival. Awesome concert
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:56 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Stryper - To Hell With The Devil tour in Washington, DC winter of 1987 at the Warner Theater!!!!!! Hurricane opened up.

I was at that concert!!!!

It definitely wasn't my first, but I was there.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Iron Maiden on the Somewhere in Time Tour which they named "Somewhere on Tour" in February 87. Vinnie Vincent Invasion were the openers. I had moved from North Dakota 2 months prior so I was real happy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:20 pm

If UFO counts as metal then that would be my first metal concert, 1977 as the opening act for The Doobie Brothers.

First arena metal concert I saw was Iron Maiden on the Powerslave tour, January 28, 1985 at the Capital Center (Largo MD). Opening act was Twisted Sister (the crowd hated them).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:55 pm

detuned wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Seriously? that is AWESOME!!!!! what a GREAT SHOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:56 pm

detuned wrote:

First arena metal concert I saw was Iron Maiden on the Powerslave tour, January 28, 1985 at the Capital Center (Largo MD). Opening act was Twisted Sister (the crowd hated them).

I was so ticked off - my parents wouldn't let me go to concerts then!!!! I would have been at that show if they did!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:02 pm

I can't remember what my 1st metal concert was.

I believe the the 1st concert I went to with friends and no adult supervision was George Thorogood around '85(?). I'd have to check my ticket stubs to be certain, but my 1st metal concert may have been Ozzy at the Spectrum.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:12 pm

detuned wrote:

My buddy saw the POWERSLAVE tour at Radio City Music Hall in NYC (by the time the tour reached NYC, Twisted Sister had been replaced by Queensryche in the opening slot)... he still speaks of it in tones of awe to this very day. At the time I wasn't old enuff to go to concerts by myself (and my parents weren't cool enough to take me to them) but I remember him telling me about every tiny detail of the show at school that Monday while I burned with jealousy. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:14 pm

detuned wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I remember seeing them on that tour except I believe Loudness and TNT were the openers for the show I saw.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:24 pm

unholy alliance tour 2006 at the Roseland theater
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:16 pm

never been to one.I plan on going soon to see judas
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Rush in 1973 Fargo, ND with original drummer. Saw them a year later when Neil Peart come on board.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Stryper with Saint opening.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:45 pm

i know most people will want to slit my throat for me saying this but it was this year and it was brian head welch. yes he was the former KoRn guitarist and he stil plays nu metal. DONT KILL ME!!!
First Metal Concert !!! 47715
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:49 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
i know most people will want to slit my throat for me saying this but it was this year and it was brian head welch. yes he was the former KoRn guitarist and he stil plays nu metal. DONT KILL ME!!!
First Metal Concert !!! 47715

It was your first metal concert, I know considering my first metal gig I would probably not have gone to it if it was today....I think the only reason I went in the first place was for Slayer.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:08 pm

My very first show was The Calfornia Jam in 74' with PURPLE, SABBATH, ELP, BLACK OAK ARKANSAS and others. Gurss that kinda/sorta counts \'arry \'eadbanger

The Summer of 76'.... I saw KISS, UFO, LIZZY, AEROSMITH, and RUSH between end of classes in June to start of classes in September. 77'... I saw Priest and Scorpions for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Metal Concert !!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next