Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Metal Concert !!!

Go down 
+29
Dave the Boss
Glenn Rogers
Olafsto
SAHB Healer
nevermore
EvyMetal
Troublezone
Leatherface
DallasBlack
Rex
JBall_Z
James B.
metalhead777
Wargod
Am I Evil?
Stender
Svengo
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
ultmetal
thejokeriv
kmorg
manny
Fat Freddy
stevegarveyfan
mc666
Wicked Rick
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:44 pm

My very first concert was The Pretenders.

My first metal concert was Krokus at the Harrisburg Forum on the One Vice at a Time tour.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:59 pm

If Whitecross counts as metal, then they were my first...I don't remember the year though.

I took my wife to see Black Sabbath on their first reunion tour, that was her first concert.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:23 pm

Svengo wrote:
detuned wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Stryper - To Hell With The Devil tour in Washington, DC winter of 1987 at the Warner Theater!!!!!! Hurricane opened up.

I was at that concert!!!!

It definitely wasn't my first, but I was there.
I remember seeing them on that tour except I believe Loudness and TNT were the openers for the show I saw.

At least we got to see the somewhere back in time tour with giant mummy eddie!!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:56 pm

At Deep Ellum in Dallas I saw Iron Maiden (touring for X Factor) and Fear Factory (touring for Demanufacture). I was 16 but didn't want to drive to downtown so my dad took me there and dropped me off. I got to the front of the stage right in the middle but ended up in the far left corner (right in front of a large speaker) after a bunch of 200+ lb. moshers came charging toward me. Being only 150 lbs (good Lord that was a long time ago), I didn't trust my chances of survival. They were playing around with the lights and testing the sound when I found out Fear Factory was running a little late. Several minutes later I saw the lights dim and I thought they were testing them again then some keyboards kicked in and the drums followed and I could feel my heart rattle in my chest (anyone who knows about FF's drummer can imagine how loud those bass drums were). Fear Factory was awesome and up til then I only knew Soul Of A New Machine (several days later I picked up Demanufacture). Burton C. Bell's clean vocals were the highlight, simply an awesome vocalist when he's not growling (and even when he is growlling) and I also got to high five Dino. Maiden came on and despite the flack Blaze gets, IMO he handled the old songs well. I got X-Factor and Demanufacture t-shirts and a FF sticker that I put on my car. The day after I could barely hear and my voice was shot but it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:25 pm

Prong in 1992.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:39 am

I think it was a show with Tourniquet, Neon Cross and Titanic billed as T.N.T. in 1996. My first rock concert was Michael Jackson at the L.A. Forum for his "Bad" tour.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:10 pm

First metal concert? That'd have to be Loudness!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:15 pm

Ratt with Bon Jovi opening.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:39 am

My first concert was Eric Clapton

First hard rock concert was Nuge and Black Oak (rowdiest crowd I've ever seen, I was frightened).

First metal was Van Halen, Journey, & Montrose (Van Halen and Journey were not yet mega stars- Montrose was actually the headliner and the 5000 seat auditorium was only half full!)

First real metal concert was Judas Priest opening for UFO. Again only half full, but it was pretty much "Unleashed in the East" followed by "Strangers in the Night" back to back. I regret that I brought my girlfriend to that as she spent the whole time complaining about it being too loud.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:04 am

My first was TNT in 1984 on their first tour with Tony Harnell. Knights of the new thunder tour. They were on fire and it`s still one of my best metal memories.
Got a guitar pick from Ronnie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:44 am

My first Big Metal show was Scorpions, Iron Maiden and Girlschool at Long Beach Arena.

My first concert Beatlemaina in 77 or 78 I dont remember...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:57 am

Rex wrote:
If Whitecross counts as metal, then they were my first...I don't remember the year though.

Me too! Mine was in 1987 in Atlanta w/ Steve Taylor...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Metallica and The Cult 07/09/1989
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:10 pm

My first overall concert was Boston.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Does Bon Jovi count? I saw them when I was like six or seven years old.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Metallica's Poor Re-Touring Me (North American) Tour w/ Jerry Cantrell and Days of the New in Summer '98

I was like 11-12 and was 4 feet away from this massive moshpit, people leaving bloodied left and right Very Happy
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Judas Priest; Point of Entry tour 81.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:49 pm

Ratt on their Dancing Undercover tour, with Cheap Trick opening,
@ the Carolina Coliseum in Columbia, S.C.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:45 pm

AC/DC in 1988 Evansville Indiana. Cinderella was the opening act.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Metal Concert !!!   First Metal Concert !!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Metal Concert !!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2