Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions

Go down 
+2
7thSaviour
Required Fields
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Empty
PostSubject: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:13 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Pittsburgh Penguins [4] vs. Carolina Hurricanes [6]

Pittsburgh finished a fantastic series against the Washington Capitals, which has been labeled as one of the most exciting playoff matchups in recent times. Carolina have goaltender Cam Ward in top form since the last third of the regular season. Few predicted Carolina would make it this far, as they have taken out New Jersey (always considered by analysts to be a favorite) and Boston (the #1 Eastern Conference team in the regular season).

Prediction: Pittsburgh in six.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Detroit Red Wings [2] vs. Chicago Blackhawks [4]

The Detroit Red Wings defeated Columbus in the first round and Anaheim in the second round. The Blackhawks defeated Calgary in the first round and Vancouver in the second round. Detroit had the bottom two playoff seeds in the first two rounds, so it remains to be seen how the Wings fare against a higher seeded team such as the Blackhawks. Red Wings goaltender Chris Osgood has played the best hockey of his career in the last two playoffs. The Blackhawks are a younger team who don't have as much playoff experience, whereas the Red Wings have more experienced players. This appears to be a very exciting series; it should be anything but easy for either team, no matter who wins.

Prediction: Detroit in seven.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:14 am

Predictions:
Carolina in 7
Chicago in 7
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:04 pm

Rooting for Pitt and Chicago but would only predict Pitt making it.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm

I've got a rematch of last year's final. I can't go against the Red Wings.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:49 pm

The last part of the Carolina/Pittsburgh was just intense.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:05 am

I would cheer for the Devil himself against the Red Wings. I'm just sayin'.......
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:52 am

Miroslav Satan
Marcel Hossa The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions 706602
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:05 pm

I look for the Blackhawks to bounce back against the Wings tonight in Game 3 in Chicago. GO HAWKS!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:06 pm

As for the other series, I don't see how the Canes are gonna be able to blow past the Pens. They might be able to push the series to 6 games, at least.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:17 am

Chicago beat Detroit in an OT thriller last night! The series is now 2-1 Red Wings. Game 4 is Sunday afternoon. LET'S GO HAWKS!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 3:39 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
As for the other series, I don't see how the Canes are gonna be able to blow past the Pens. They might be able to push the series to 6 games, at least.

Yes, especially with Pittsburgh in a 2-0 lead. I definitely don't think it will be a sweep, but Pittsburgh will win, and the series will go to six games tops.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Pittsburgh demolished the Canes 6-2 last night, taking an insurmountable 3-0 series lead. It's all over but the shouting at this point.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:51 pm

Game 4 of CHI/DET is later this afternoon. GO HAWKS!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:15 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Pittsburgh demolished the Canes 6-2 last night, taking an insurmountable 3-0 series lead. It's all over but the shouting at this point.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:26 am

It's Detroit Vs. Pittsburgh for Lord Stanley's Cup. Prediction: Wings in 6. GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:14 pm

I like Hossa as he played Jr. hockey in Portland but I will never root for Detroit.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:57 am

Is this gonna be Crosby's year to raise the Cup in victory?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:02 am

7thSaviour wrote:
Is this gonna be Crosby's year to raise the Cup in victory?

I certainly hope so ! GO PENS !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions
Page 1 of 1