Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playing Entire Albums Live

Go down 
+22
XYZ
MoonChild
fingers
Required Fields
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
MetalH
the sentinel
Lari
sam
Hamer12
Neuropete
INVADERS
7thSaviour
thejokeriv
powermacho
Svengo
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
Metal Misfit
manny
nevermore
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Your Thoughts On This Trend?
It's great
Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 26 ]
It's lame
Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
I don't care either way as long as I get to see them live.
Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Not really a fan for this.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:38 pm

If it's an album that needs to be played altogether (ie: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, The Dark Side of the Moon), then I think it's cool; however, I wouldn't be too thrilled to have Girls, Girls, Girls played in its entirety.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:17 am

I could stand to hear PAINKILLER by Priest played live all the way through! Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:57 am

I voted for "It's great", although I think it kinda depends on the band and album in question.

If it's a band doing one of their "classics", I'm all for it, especially if you're hearing songs that may have never ever been played live in the history of the band.

If however, it's a band playing the new album just to ram it down the throats of the fans, I'd probably pass. When Iron Maiden did that with their last album, it seemed more like a middle finger to the fans, saying "We're Maiden and we'll do whatever the hell we want". Had it been a better album, my opinion might have been different.

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Slayer doing it was a great idea, but the album they played (Reign In Blood) is only 30 minutes in length. Even though I loved the record, I would have hated seeing Maiden play their entire AMOLAD album. That's over a hour's worth of music. Yuck.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:34 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Even though I loved the record, I would have hated seeing Maiden play their entire AMOLAD album. That's over a hour's worth of music. Yuck.

I will admit, when my friend and I saw the AMOLAD show, by the time they got to "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" I said to my buddy, "This is what, track number 7? Three more to go" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Watching AMOLAD all the way through live would make OPETH seem like a thrill-a-minute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:44 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Watching AMOLAD all the way through live would make OPETH seem like a thrill-a-minute.

Could be worse, could be Judas Priest doing Nostradamus all the way through. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:30 pm

detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Could be worse, could be Judas Priest doing Nostradamus all the way through. Sleep

That's a real toss-up.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:40 pm

manny wrote:
Like Joker said it depends on the album, if Judas Priest were to play 'Demolation' instead of 'British Steel ' in its entirety during that tour I would have to pass.

As far as Motley Crue I wish they had choosen to do 'Shout At The Devil' or 'Too Fast for Love' in its entirety over 'Dr Feelgood'

this...

looking forward to british steel.
crue, & then aero doing toys, not so much, so it depends on the record every time.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:12 pm

I few years ago I bought a Cure DVD where they perform three of their albums in its entirety and it was a great show, wish I had actually had been their to witness it instead of watching on DVD. The DVD is entitled 'Trilogy'
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:10 pm

I'd also say it depends on the album. Also for me it would be a matter of whether I've seen the band before or not. If it's my first time seeing a band I would want a variety of songs (i.e. I've never seen Maiden with Burce [I mean Bruce, I doubt anyone has seen Maiden with Burce] and if I was there for the AMOLAD, i'd be extremely dissapointed). If I was able to catch Dream Theater doing I&W, Awake, or Scenes From A Memory or Priest doing Screaming For Vengeance, Hell Bent For Leather, or Stained Class would kick arse (DT doing Six Degrees or Priest doing Nostradamus, NO).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing Entire Albums Live   Playing Entire Albums Live - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing Entire Albums Live
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2