Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phil Anselmo and Pantera

Go down 
+16
powermacho
James B.
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
sam
mc666
Schbopo
Stender
DallasBlack
Lurideath
EvyMetal
Troublezone
fingers
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Phil Anselmo and Pantera Empty
PostSubject: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:22 am

This obviously won't be a popular opinion. Phil Anselmo is popular and credited for the wrong reasons in the heavy metal world which makes him overrated like most metalheads will remember him for his "awesome" aggressive growling and yelling especially from those amateurish Pantera wannabe metalcore bands, he is undoubtably talented but he used only a 1/4 of his talent on the 90s Pantera albums mostly on Great Southern Trendkill and Far Beyond Driven. He used his full talent when he was singing like Geof Tate/Rob Halford on Power Metal (a highly underrated Pantera album) and Cowboys From Hell which is undoutably is a great shame he doesn't sing like that anymore. Also I reckon if Pantera reunites they should have Terry Lee instead and focus more playing on the glammy material than their tip of the iceberg stuff. All their 80s albums are highly underrated (maybe not so much Metal Magic) they subsquently wanted to hide their glam image in the 90s FAIR ENOUGH. But I reckon if they had re-released their independent albums on a major label around at the time Pantera was breaking up or abit later when the glam revival was happeneing around 2005-07 they most likely would of sold a hell of alot of copies.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:45 am

Quote :
Also I reckon if Pantera reunites they should have Terry Lee instead

Dream on... Pantera is dead.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Yeah there would be no way Pantera would re-unite. Dimebag basically made the band. Also, why would Anselmo want to go back doing stuff like pre-cowboys material. Have you heard the stuff that he's doing now? If he wanted to do that, he probably would have done it by now. Can't ruin his reputation.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:36 pm

sick
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Lurideath wrote:
sick

With your bald head i think of Phil circa VDOP. Razz
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:03 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Yeah there would be no way Pantera would re-unite. Dimebag basically made the band. Also, why would Anselmo want to go back doing stuff like pre-cowboys material. Have you heard the stuff that he's doing now? If he wanted to do that, he probably would have done it by now. Can't ruin his reputation.

I highly doubt he could do it anymore if he wanted to. When you exchange a high range for more throaty vocals, you usually loose that high range. Just ask Chuck Billy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:13 pm

Cant stand groove. Cant stand Pantera.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Stender wrote:

You my friend, have just earned a place in my will. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:17 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Stender wrote:

I hope its the CD collection part of the will. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:27 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Well duh.... that is obvious that Phil Anselmo couldn't do that I meant Terry Lee because a few years ago I heard rumours Pantera was going to reunite with him NOT Phil Anselmo and also Vinnie Paul and Rex are on very good terms with Terry Lee as well since he doesn't carry on like a tool
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Meh on both accounts.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:11 am

fingers wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Well duh.... that is obvious that Phil Anselmo couldn't do that I meant Terry Lee because a few years ago I heard rumours Pantera was going to reunite with him NOT Phil Anselmo and also Vinnie Paul and Rex are on very good terms with Terry Lee as well since he doesn't carry on like a tool

What an idiotic rumor. There will be no Pantera without Dimebag. If they don't acknowledge their 80's material why would they reunite with Terry?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:33 am

Read this fingers.

Former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul was recently interviewed by Guitar World magazine for its December 2005 issue. In the interview Vinnie spoke about many subjects, including the possibility of a PANTERA reunion prior to Dimebag's death and the status of unreleased video and audio recordings of Dimebag. Among the things Vinnie said:

* Vinnie stated that there was never going to be a PANTERA reunion, even before the tragedy with Dime.
Vinnie said, "Let's make this clear once and for all: for any fan out there that believed any of the ox manur said by certain people, there never was gonna be a PANTERA reunion, ever."
* Vinnie also informed us that DAMAGEPLAN had songs written and recorded for their sophmore album. Vinnie says he doesn't know what he is going to do with the material.
" Vinnie said, "Either I'll have some of Dime's favorite singers sing on 'em and turn them into jams, or maybe Pat (Lachman, ex-DAMAGEPLAN) will sing on them and it'll be DAMAGEPLAN 2. I don't know yet. Right now they're magic that hopefully someday everybody will get to hear, and as long as I'm around I think eventually they will get heard."
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:46 am

Troublezone wrote:
Right now they're magic that hopefully someday everybody will get to hear, and as long as I'm around I think eventually they will get heard."
meaning: as soon as i can capitalize, to the fullest extent, on my brothers death. i'll release this garbage.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:09 am

mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Right now they're magic that hopefully someday everybody will get to hear, and as long as I'm around I think eventually they will get heard."
meaning: as soon as i can capitalize, to the fullest extent, on my brothers death. i'll release this garbage.

If he wants to capitalize he should reissue the 80's albums remastered.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:56 am

Troublezone wrote:
Read this fingers.

Former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul was recently interviewed by Guitar World magazine for its December 2005 issue. In the interview Vinnie spoke about many subjects, including the possibility of a PANTERA reunion prior to Dimebag's death and the status of unreleased video and audio recordings of Dimebag. Among the things Vinnie said:

* Vinnie stated that there was never going to be a PANTERA reunion, even before the tragedy with Dime.
Vinnie said, "Let's make this clear once and for all: for any fan out there that believed any of the ox manur said by certain people, there never was gonna be a PANTERA reunion, ever."
* Vinnie also informed us that DAMAGEPLAN had songs written and recorded for their sophmore album. Vinnie says he doesn't know what he is going to do with the material.
" Vinnie said, "Either I'll have some of Dime's favorite singers sing on 'em and turn them into jams, or maybe Pat (Lachman, ex-DAMAGEPLAN) will sing on them and it'll be DAMAGEPLAN 2. I don't know yet. Right now they're magic that hopefully someday everybody will get to hear, and as long as I'm around I think eventually they will get heard."

I didn't say the rumours and the hype were plausable but I just meant there could of been a possibilty that's all and I didn't have the right sources to say it was official.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:54 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Stender wrote:

You guys have no taste! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:42 am

what a stupid thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:10 am

I think Pantera sucks, the only ones I have are the glam albums. So I could give a rip about a reunion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:13 am

I'd like to see those pre-Cowboys albums officially re-issued and released, but don't care for a re-union, as unlikey as that is of ever, ever happening. Pantera died with Dime.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd like to see those pre-Cowboys albums officially re-issued and released, but don't care for a re-union, as unlikey as that is of ever, ever happening. Pantera died with Dime.

That would be nice, even though those albums arent exactly spectacular, alot of those issues out there now dont exactly have consistent quality throughout the albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:23 am

No Dimebag no reunion, I am sure that if that moron had killed Dimebag, Pantera would have reunioned with stoner boy Phil.

As for the glam years being reissued I am sure they will be reissued at some point.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:30 am

I got off the Pantera train after VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER anyway so I could give a rat's patoot if they reunite or not, Dimebag or no Dimebag.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:32 am

manny wrote:
No Dimebag no reunion, I am sure that if that moron had killed Dimebag, Pantera would have reunioned with stoner boy Phil.

As for the glam years being reissued I am sure they will be reissued at some point.

Me too, however, being the cynic that I am, I have to agree with MC's "exploitative" statement. When the bank accounts start to dry up, just wait and see how quick Vinnie goes into the archives and throws these together on his Big Vin record label. You know, for the fans. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu May 07, 2009 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:32 am

for some reason, it's become hip to claim how much better Pantera were in their glam days. i thought they sucked then too. they've always sucked. they were trend chasers from beginning to end. nothing more.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo and Pantera   Phil Anselmo and Pantera Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phil Anselmo and Pantera
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next