Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75

Go down 
+15
kmorg
XYZ
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Leatherface
Schbopo
DeathCult
Required Fields
jstate
Troublezone
Svengo
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
SideShowDisaSter
DallasBlack
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Empty
PostSubject: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Just heard this on the radio:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=407275>1=28101

I loved the Cannonball Run movies and his voice of Jeremy on Secret Of NIMH made it my favoirte character in that movie and he was in virtually every Mel Brooks movie. He also had a very funny appearance in Stargate SG1 (which was produced by his nephews).

R.I.P. Mr. DeLuise
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Shame! I liked ol' Dom. He was a very funny guy. I had no idea he was that old!

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:22 pm

Are they going to bury him in a Ziploc bag?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Gonna need a mighty big Ziploc.

Loved him in Cannon Ball Run. Especially the out-takes during the end credits. He was great teamed up with Burt Reynolds.

Didn't know he was that old either. Farewell, funny man.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:34 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I loved the Cannonball Run movies and his voice of Jeremy on Secret Of NIMH made it my favoirte character in that movie and he was in virtually every Mel Brooks movie. He also had a very funny appearance in Stargate SG1 (which was produced by his nephews).

R.I.P. Mr. DeLuise

Your link's not working. It's not directing to anything Dom related as far as I could tell.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

R.I.P. Mr. DeLuise

Your link's not working. It's not directing to anything Dom related as far as I could tell.

Go to MSN.com and you can find the link there.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:26 pm

When I was a kid I really liked him as the voice of Tiger in An American Tail. He will be missed R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:45 pm

I always liked him, his humor and comedic acting were pretty unique.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:04 pm

I have good memories growing up with his movies. RIP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:26 pm

One of my favorite movies with Dom was called "Hot Stuff", late 70's flick about undercover cops that start running a stolen goods fencing operation so they can gather evidence to bust everyone that comes in. Dom steals the show.

Also loved him in "The End" with Burt Reynolds.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:54 pm

I always thought it would've been cool one last time to reunite Dom with Burt Reynolds for something. Just let them ad lib through some crazy scenario and have fun. Those bloopers at the end of the Cannonball Run movies were always my favorite part.

I also thought his son should have been a bigger star. He, like his father, was a great sidekick character.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:36 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:29 pm

jstate wrote:
I always thought it would've been cool one last time to reunite Dom with Burt Reynolds for something.

They had a bit on Robot Chicken a while back:

http://www.robotchicken.org/index.php?title=3_Fast_3_Furious
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Ill miss Captain Chaos Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:13 pm

Aw, man. He ruled. sigh

RIP
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:29 pm

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:01 am

Informed by Spectrefate on this one.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:28 am

That's a shame. My son and I were just watching the cartoon movie "All Dogs Go To Heaven" about a week ago, and Dom was the voice of the hero dog's wacky sidekick. The hero dog, of course, was played by Burt Reynolds. Great flick.

75? Wow, count me in as another who didn't think he was that old.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:15 am

Just reading through these comments, I didn't realize how much voice-over work Dom did. He's been in allot of cartoons, huh?

That Robot Chicken sketch is a pisser! I love that show.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:52 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm

R.I.P. indeed!

Cannonball Run is on of my all time favorite movies! DUM-DUM-DUM!!!!! Laughing

And The Secret Of NIMH! They don't ake 'em like that no longer Sad

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:47 pm

detuned wrote:
One of my favorite movies with Dom was called "Hot Stuff", late 70's flick about undercover cops that start running a stolen goods fencing operation so they can gather evidence to bust everyone that comes in. Dom steals the show.

YES ! I love that movie ! Saw it in the theater when I was a kid. It is my favorite thing with him in it followed by Cannonball Run II (the outtakes at the end ar indeed excellent).Farewell Dom ! R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 2:14 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 2:53 pm

kmorg wrote:
And The Secret Of NIMH! They don't ake 'em like that no longer Sad

Amen to that! Secret Of NIMH is one of my all time favorite animated movies and the soundtrack is one of the best ever and gave the movie a more mature feel than all of those Disney movies of that time.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 9:24 pm

RIP!

No one mentioned the hilarious cameo at the end of Blazing Saddles as the director of the all-male production number "The French Mistake."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMK6lzmSk2o

"Ssoundsss like sssteam essscaping!" Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75   Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comedy Actor Dom DeLuise Passes Away At 75
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next