Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!

Go down 
+25
Lurideath
DallasBlack
sheets
Dave the Boss
7thSaviour
Schbopo
arttieTHE1manparty
biddle
Leatherface
Stender
SAHB Healer
candlemass
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
jstate
Fat Freddy
JBall_Z
XYZ
DeathCult
rattpoison
Required Fields
Wargod
kmorg
akeldama
scottmitchell74
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:21 pm

If you've ever seen the DVD from the Death Angel box set which has the EPK from that time frame it is scary how young they were versus how great that album was. I've never really thought of Death Angel as underrated since most of my metal friends swore by those first two albums. When Act III (and really Room With A View was the key) came along it seemed that even more people jumped on our bandwagon.

Another underrated band for me would be Meliah Rage.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:32 pm

Rigor Mortis. Their debut is classic, horror inspired thrash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:54 am

akeldama wrote:
Point Blank-Another Southern Rock outfit from the 70's, they went a little too poppy in the 80's for my taste but their debut was great.

Had never even heard of these guys untill ult played me some of their stuff. I like what I heard. They are good, blues based, Southern rock.

I know people 'round here know them, but I think Ultimatum are criminally underrated. they've been around for over 15 years and are now putting out their sixth record. not many bands stick it out for that long, esp. chirstian bands. I don't understand why they are not more known.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:22 pm

Erotic Suicide is probably the best sleaze metal band you have never heard!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:13 pm

TT Quick
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Metal Of Honor RULES!!!!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:20 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Boomerang
http://www.myspace.com/boomerangmetal

Their latest album is a 9+ out of 10. Just great, great material for any and all melodic/powermetal fans.

Nostradameus

http://www.myspace.com/nostradameus

I never hear anyone talk about these guys. They have their own (in my opinion) unique take on the powermetal world. The vocals especially I find unique.

I have others, but this is a start.
Did I sell my Nostradameus CD to you, SM?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:07 pm

The Black Crowes.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:18 am

Quote :

Which one?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:19 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Which one?
It has the number 3 in the title in some way, shape, or form. 3 or third, as I recall.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:49 am

I can recommend everyone on this board to give NWOBHM obscuros Pagan Altar a listen, simply because they're one of the most unique bands ever. It's kinda hard to place their sound, but I'd say it's somewhere between Black Sabbath, Rainbow and Jethro Tull. All of their albums have interesting themes: occultism on the first record (which, unlike bands like Venom, is done very welll, without any "Hail Satan"s or anything like that), hypocrisy and injustice on the second album and folklore on the third record. The guitarist is amazing and definitely has a style of his own, the vocals on the other hand are rather nasal (think old Ozzy) and are an acquired taste. If you're interested in giving them a listen, here's the link to their myspace:

www.myspace.com/paganaltar
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:00 am

I don't know if I'd say they're criminally underrated (they seem to get pretty good notices in general from the folks that hear them) but Slough Feg and Manilla Road really ought to be better known.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:41 am

Domain-they've been around for over 20 years but you don't hear much about them. Great melodic metal/hard rock band.

Shadow Gallery-I like Symphony X and Dream Theater but Shadow Gallery is just as good of a prog band, if not better.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Shadow Gallery is good but they take too long between albums and don't tour. It hurts them.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
I can recommend everyone on this board to give NWOBHM obscuros Pagan Altar a listen, simply because they're one of the most unique bands ever.

Heh, earlier I was looking up something about Brocas Helm and stumbled across a link to this band. After checking out their myspace page I was really impressed. Came back here and sure enough you'd already posted about them Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:37 pm

I'd add Brocus Helm as well.
More also I'd include:

Vicious Circle
Warning (SF)
Twisted Tower Dire
Avenger of Blood
Killers (France)
Pancho Villa
Root
Witchburner
Desaster
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:02 am

Vicious Circle is excellent!

Who's Avenger Of Blood??? lol!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:28 am

biddle wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Point Blank-Another Southern Rock outfit from the 70's, they went a little too poppy in the 80's for my taste but their debut was great.

Had never even heard of these guys untill ult played me some of their stuff. I like what I heard. They are good, blues based, Southern rock.

Unfortunately they went into a pop direction. They had a minor hit with "Nicole". A good song actually. However, I much prefer the bluesy, Southern rock direction they started with.

Quote :
I know people 'round here know them, but I think Ultimatum are criminally underrated. they've been around for over 15 years and are now putting out their sixth record. not many bands stick it out for that long, esp. chirstian bands. I don't understand why they are not more known.

Thanks.

Schbopo wrote:
TT Quick

Definitely agree with this one.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Pagans Mind
Excalion (Waterlines may be a top 3 melodic metal cd of the 00's)
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Quote :
Excalion (Waterlines may be a top 3 melodic metal cd of the 00's)

Good call.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:41 pm

sheets wrote:
I don't know if I'd say they're criminally underrated (they seem to get pretty good notices in general from the folks that hear them) but Slough Feg and Manilla Road really ought to be better known.

On some boards I post at, Manilla Road are praised like gods. I do agree, they're a really cool band, but I only own one album of theirs (Crystal Logic).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:02 pm

In the doom-metal arena I think one of the best but severely underexposed bands would be Forsaken. I think these guys are just awesome and I would even put their latest doom laden disc above the most recent one from Candlemass.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:00 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
detuned wrote:
King's X is STILL criminally underrated... angry

The most obvious choice. Although, those "in the know" are really all that matter. The world will ALWAYS take fluff over substance. Most Americans being sheep, fluff is what they understand.

Unknown [to the masses]:
Madam X
Krank
DayGlo Abortions
Chyld [PA]
Rostok Vampires
Ourtage [Japan]

Under-rated:
Slave Raider [unique sound/look/stage show]
Impaler [Dismissed by many punks and metallers as just being "too different". If they would just play the tunes and forget about the stage show, I think both sides would agree on their greatness!]
Tigertailz [One of the most rowdy, crazy, and insanely fun bands of all time. Their music is completely unique, their diligence to the scene totally overlooked - they should be much better known worldwide.]

Under-Appreciated:
Agent Steel [NO reason this band should not be mentioned in the same breath as all the "greats". They deserve it more than most that ARE mentioned]
Rob Rock [Being one the TOP metal singers in history, this guy does not get enough credit - period!]
Death Angel [for what they did at the age they did it at!]
Mat Sinner [Sure the guy has fallen out of music favor with my tastes the last decade. But there is no reason that when individual visionaries are discussed, such as Jeff Waters, Blackie Lawless, David T Chastain, or Ken Tamplin, that the name of Mat Sinner does not come up every time.]

You named many bands that i love too like SLAVE RAIDER, IMPALER(great shock metal), TIGERTAILZ, KRANK, MADAM X,....i would put CASTLE BLAK, LONDON and WITCH on that list too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:13 pm

I'm too lazy to look thru all the entries, so in case Trouble have been mentioned already, I apologize.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!   Criminally underrated or under the radar bands! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Criminally underrated or under the radar bands!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2