Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Rush album download only?

Go down 
+13
akeldama
mez
mr.electric39
Troublezone
Chairman_Smith
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
James B.
ultmetal
manny
Required Fields
Metallic Blaze
Schbopo
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New Rush album download only? Empty
PostSubject: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Interesting. So would those of you who swear if a band does only digital releases not get this?

http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=2051
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:16 pm

They're Rush. Therefore, they can do anything they please and I will get it.

Unfortunately, if this is true, I might just pirate it. I hate paying for non-CD music. It's just pointless.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Schbopo wrote:

Unfortunately, if this is true, I might just pirate it. I hate paying for non-CD music. It's just pointless.

I don't like to buy downloads either. If I buy something, I better dam well be able to hold it in my hands - or it's a rip-off. You don't own anything when you have a little file. You can't even sell it at a later time like you can a CD.

I won't buy a download of this. But I'd buy the CD.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:13 pm

I, too, prefer to own CDs.

Maybe they'll do what Radiohead did with one of their albums, and then release an "authentic" CD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:15 pm

No I won't buy a download version of an album, I love Rush and I understand why they want to go this route but I want to have a physical product.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Someone start a petition for Rush to make it an actual CD release. I don't care if it's just a short EP like Neil is saying, but I want the damn thing...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:23 pm

I won't buy it. No CD, no sale.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Someone start a petition for Rush to make it an actual CD release. I don't care if it's just a short EP like Neil is saying, but I want the damn thing...

That is not a bad idea
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:30 pm

Trust me folks New Rush album download only? 685534

Give somebody some time and it will be on Ebay, complete with silver disc and some sort of artwork. More than likely, a seller orgin in Russia or Greece.

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:57 pm

*pssst* - CD sales fell another 14% in 2009. Start weeping for the days of CDs, the end is nigh.

By an odd coincidence...the sales of LP's have steadily risen each year that CDs have fallen. LP sales increased by over 30% in 2009.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:59 pm

That seems like an odd route for a band like Rush to take, considdering their fanbase is primarily of the vinyl/cd generation. A younger band I could see, but not Rush.

I'd bet money they'll do an initial "download only" release to test the waters, followed by an actual cd.

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'd bet money they'll do an initial "download only" release to test the waters, followed by an actual cd.

I think this too...even Radiohead and NIN did actual CD versions of their download releases...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:26 pm

That's what I was referring to earlier in this thread. I had known Radiohead had done it, but forgot about Nine Inch Nails doing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:01 am

I think Metalguy is right, it's an odd route for a band with an older fanbase. And how does this work as far as producing and mastering and all that? Wouldn't you want to get this all done at once rather then doing a song here or there?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:06 am

They still got that woman singing for them?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:12 am

No CD, no money from me. I'll probably illegally download it in protest.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:38 am

ultmetal wrote:

Same here.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:58 am

It's Rush... It's my favorite band..... Of COURSE I'll buy it and when they release their actual disc I'll buy that too....

They are signed to Rounder Records now...... I should say they're distributed by them....

The reality is they still sold hundreds of thousands of CD's for the last album.... Why wouldn't you release it that way.

I think Neal and the boys are thinking "hey we can do what ever we want. no limitations or deadlines... We can record 4-6 songs release 'em digitally and tour... why not????"

They trully have control of their destiny at this point with nw record label to butt in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Same here.

And me!

I simply refuse to pay for a download.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:27 pm

I would prefer and love CD's but honestly, #1 it is Rush - therefore I buy! #2, I can hold it in my hands when I am finding it on my Ipod anyhow, so either way that is where 99% of the time I will be listening to it anyways.

Still I admit, I too love CD's the best, guess having the Ipod has helped me conform some.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
No CD, no money from me. I'll probably illegally download it in protest.

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:35 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

I don't like to buy downloads either. If I buy something, I better dam well be able to hold it in my hands - or it's a rip-off. You don't own anything when you have a little file. You can't even sell it at a later time like you can a CD.

I won't buy a download of this. But I'd buy the CD.

Same here. Nothing replaces the pleasure of holding a CD an reading the booklet therein.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:52 pm

New Rush album download only? 495333
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:39 am

No cd no sale here either!

But I agree with the earlier post that said if they do this we will be able to get the Russian import version shortly there after!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: New Rush album download only?   New Rush album download only? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:54 pm

I usually wouldnt download, but Rush is my favorite band, so I would buy any new release of theirs.
Back to top Go down

New Rush album download only?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next