Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures

Go down 
+11
DallasBlack
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
Dark Horseman
mikeinfla
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
metalinmyveins
glassprison
Sword Of The Heretic
15 posters

Fave tune from Moving Pictures
Tom Sawyer
Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_lcap38%Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_rcap
 38% [ 8 ]
Red Barchetta
Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_lcap19%Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
YYZ
Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_lcap5%Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Limelight
Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_lcap33%Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_rcap
 33% [ 7 ]
The Camera Eye
Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_lcap0%Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Witch Hunt
Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_lcap5%Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Vital Signs
Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_lcap0%Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 2:01 pm

And here we are. The last album before they went overkill with the keyboards, but I digress. This is a tough one to call. There's really not a bad song here, and for me, it's a toss up between Tom Sawyer and Red Barchetta, with ol' Tom narrowly getting my vote.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 2:08 pm

"Limelight" is easily my favorite on this one.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 2:13 pm

Tough call. It's a really good album start to finish. I decided to go with Red Barchetta.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 2:14 pm

"Limelight" narrowly over "Red Barchetta".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 2:23 pm

I'd have to flip a coin to decide between "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight"...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 3:24 pm

There's Chinese water torture and then there's picking the best tune off Moving Pictures. Painfully impossible.

However, I'll nod in the direction of Tom Sawyer. It's a rarity, really. One of those few tunes that are timeless, never gets boring after years of repeated listening, still fresh and awe-inspiring to this day. I swear they made a deal with the devil when throwing this song together.

The whole album is so freaking inspired and hum-worthy. Red Barchetta still gets stuck in my head even when I haven't been listening to it. Limelight is probably the tightest song they ever wrote. Camera Eye oozes this otherworldly atmosphere that I just love to sink in. I could go on; every track is a masterpiece here.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 3:59 pm

Easy - Red Barchetta since the first time I ever heard it when I first heard the album back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Stellar album, went with Tom but I could go with Red Barchetta or Limelight without any problems, songs that never get old.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 7:51 pm

I went with Red Barchetta but this to me is the last truly great Rush album and it has a bunch of great tracks.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 10:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I went with Red Barchetta but this to me is the last truly great Rush album and it has a bunch of great tracks.

But Counterparts!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 10:42 pm

Can't say for sure whether I ever even heard anything from Counterparts. As Sword mentioned in the original post for this thread after Moving Pictures Rush just got way too much into keyboards for my tastes; to me they turned into a slightly heavier Yes and that's not a good thing in my book.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Still think you need to check out Vapor Trails.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 12:28 am

tohostudios wrote:
Can't say for sure whether I ever even heard anything from Counterparts. As Sword mentioned in the original post for this thread after Moving Pictures Rush just got way too much into keyboards for my tastes; to me they turned into a slightly heavier Yes and that's not a good thing in my book.

Although they were still there to an extent, 1989's Presto album was where the keyboards were used a lot less. Vapor Trails has no keys at all. Clockwork Angels, though, is just a beast of an album. That was literally the perfect swansong for them.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 1:11 am

This album was one of the first metal (back then it was considered metal) albums I ever heard. My cousin played Tom Sawyer on his mom's boyfriends killer stereo system and I was hooked. My vote went to Witch Hunt though. Mainly because it blew me away at how fast some of the drumming was on such a slow doomy sounding song. I love the whole album, but that one is still my favorite.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Gotta go with Limelight on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 1:27 am

Ye this one is very difficult to pick a number 1. I will have to get back to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 4:45 am

Limelight all the way!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Limelight gets my vote. Easily could have chosen Tom Sawyer.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 2:12 am

Tom Sawyer
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 2:51 am

tohostudios wrote:

Toho. You're gonna have to trust me on Counterparts.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 6:59 am

Yeah, I like Counterparts but haven't played it in years. need to play it again. I remember the day it was released it was the first time I remember an album being available at midnight on release day. I was in college and we went to the music store at midnight and I picked it up. I think Pearl jam also released an album the same day and 99% of the people there were waiting to buy Pearl Jam. Not me, I grabbed Counterparts! I lost interest in Rush with GUP. I was not a fan of the keyboard albums but each album has some great songs. So for that era I have "Show Of Hands" which has the best tracks from that era and that is all I need. Counterparts was a nice return to Alex on guitar and subtle keyboards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures   Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite tune from Rush- Moving Pictures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: