Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DeathCult
manny
Metal Misfit
nevermore
stepcousin
candlemass
jstate
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
I have no idea what Z Rock or Metal Shop is. But we did have Pirate Radio in tha hillz weer I'm from. It's where I heard Wrathchild America for the first time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-Rock

Oh OK. Auburn Records released a Shok Paris concert that was originally aired on ZRock, so now I have my point of reference. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Z-Rock was on am here, too. But am signals cary 300% further than FM frequencies. On clear nights, I can get am stations from as far as Winnipeg and Chicago!

...well, maybe I just lived in an area w/sh*tty radio reception back then, haha. But seriously, tuning in Z-Rock was always something of a chore, even though they were broadcasting out of New York City and I wasn't that far from NYC at the time.

See what we had to go through to hear decent music back in the day. What are today's generation gonna have memories of? "Man, I remember when I was little and my dad only had dial-up service. It took me almost 3 hours to download the entire Avanged Sevenfold album. Man, was that rough!"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:04 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Oh OK. Auburn Records released a Shok Paris concert that was originally aired on ZRock, so now I have my point of reference. Smile

Happy to be of service Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Quote :
See what we had to go through to hear decent
music back in the day. What are today's generation gonna have memories
of? "Man, I remember when I was little and my dad only had dial-up
service. It took me almost 3 hours to download the entire Avanged
Sevenfold album. Man, was that rough!"

...and that is why us older guys appreciate the music more than most of
the younger guys. The talent was more creative back then and the
lengths we went to find that certain album we heard on the radio or
whatever made it all the better. Now I can go on my computer and
download anything and have it in my possession in less than a half an
hour. The thrill is gone.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:13 pm

jstate wrote:
So Stepcousin mentioned Metal Shop in the Priest thread and it got me thinking how great a show this was. Charlie "the Butcher" Kendall was the host and was he ever great. He would champion so much great stuff that just wasn't getting played. Warrior Soul was the big one for me. It used to come on Friday nights on my local station. Being in high school I would get home from a night out and religiously catch the 1AM replay. Often I would tape them too (man what we had to do before the internet) and I'm sure somewhere I still have some of those. The intro was classic "m-m-m-m-m-metallll shop....[buzzsaws] ...the only show with teeth".

Boy, I had completely forgoten about this show! It introduced me to some great music, and I recall taping several of the shows. I seem to recall it was played on KLAQ here in El Paso on Sunday nights.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:13 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Meanwhile, Uncle Sax is standing on his couch with a coat hanger and tin-foil hat trying to tune in some canuck's ham radio signal broadcasting a Rush concert bootleg from 1977.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:15 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I never thought of that before but I think you're right. I remember calling up the radio station to find out who performed a song and what album it was on then running all around trying to find it. Part of the thrill really is in the chase I guess.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:18 pm

You always appreciate the stuff you have to work for to achieve. When it's handed to you for nothing, you take it for granted.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Meanwhile, Uncle Sax is standing on his couch with a coat hanger and tin-foil hat trying to tune in some canuck's ham radio signal broadcasting a Rush concert bootleg from 1977.

I don't need no stinkin' tin foil - I am made of gold, the perfect conductor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, fine. The Hanson brothers are over right now, shaking hands, trying to get the Avril Lavinge King Bisquit Flower Hour pro-grum.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Quote :
Ok, fine. The Hanson brothers are over right now, shaking hands, trying to get the Avril Lavinge King Bisquit Flower Hour pro-grum.

Nice.

"What the hell are you guys doing?"
"Puttin' on the foil, coach!"

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:47 pm

DUDE!!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who remembers this show! I tried to find some info on the 'net about this some while back, and always came up empty. Metal Shop introduced me to so many bands: Sepultura, Prong, Carcass, etc. I listened to that faithfully every week for about 2 years until the local rock station stopped carrying it. Anyone know how long it was on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 8:10 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 8:14 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 9:01 pm

candlemass wrote:

Dude, that was so awesome!!! Makes me really miss the "Metalzone" on HJY in Providence back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth   Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Shop - The Only Show With Teeth
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2