Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jorn - Spirit Black

Go down 
+4
/ELOHIYM
Olafsto
kmorg
AngelRipper16
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

Jorn - Spirit Black Empty
PostSubject: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:40 pm

Frontiers Records has announced the release of JORN's brand new studio album, entitled "Spirit Black", on June 5 in Europe and July 14 in the USA.

According to Jørn: "The sound of the album is like a crossover
between 'The Duke' and 'Lonely Are The Brave', and I feel that some of
the songs on 'Spirit Black' have the potential to become essential hard
rock classics that will stand the test of time."

Check out samples of the new album here: http://www.frontiers.it/Default.aspx?tabid=85&pl=J
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:49 pm

The samples sounds promising. I'm excited! The title track is total Dio-worship! "Road of the Cross" is an interesting song title.

I'm a sucker for everything Jorn appears on, so see my avatar for further details Very Happy

Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:11 am

kmorg wrote:
The samples sounds promising. I'm excited! The title track is total Dio-worship! "Road of the Cross" is an interesting song title.

I'm a sucker for everything Jorn appears on, so see my avatar for further details Very Happy

I agree. I'm definetely gonna have this. After hearing him in Masterplan, I too must get my hands on everything he sings on. Smile

I hope that it's a bit better and more consistent than "Lonely Are The Brave", which IMO is a good one but "The Duke" and "Worldchanger" are killers... And maybe we'll get two doses of Jørn this year... if the rumours are true about him re-joining Masterplan. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:54 pm

Jorns voice 10/10
Jorns songwriting 3/10
Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
/ELOHIYM
Metal novice
Metal novice
/ELOHIYM

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 pm

Holy shi.. jejej I got The lonely are the Brave and it's such a great album 🤘 thanks for the information I will wait for this album!!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 pm

/ELOHIYM wrote:
Holy shi.. jejej I got The lonely are the Brave and it's such a great album 🤘 thanks for the information I will wait for this album!!
Jorn sick
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:44 pm

yyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee......
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:42 am

powermacho wrote:
/ELOHIYM wrote:
Jorn sick

scratch
Care to tell us what it is about Jorn that makes you puke?
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:45 am

Olafsto wrote:
powermacho wrote:
/ELOHIYM wrote:
Jorn sick

scratch
I am bothering Elohiym. He is a big Jorn fan. Nothing against JORN, I like his coverdale tribute
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:11 pm

powermacho wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
powermacho wrote:
/ELOHIYM wrote:
Jorn sick

scratch
I am bothering Elohiym. He is a big Jorn fan. Nothing against JORN, I like his coverdale tribute

Ah ok, didn`t know you two were buddies Laughing
Back to top Go down
/ELOHIYM
Metal novice
Metal novice
/ELOHIYM

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:46 pm

Laughing yeah Powermacho what is so bad from Jorn that makes you puke Laughing cheers patojo...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:09 am

An audio sample of JORN's cover version of TARJA TURUNEN's "I Walk Alone" is available for download at this location (courtesy of MelodicRock.com). The track comes off JORN's brand new studio album, entitled "Spirit Black", which is being released today (June 5) in Europe and July 14 in the USA via Frontiers Records.

Wow this sounds like it blows away the Tarja version.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Ah, so it was a cover of her tune! Cool! Can't wait to hear it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:35 pm

That Tarja cover was amazing. I remember hearing the original ages ago and thinking, whilst it was catchy, it was really missing something. Clearly, Jorn was that something. Love this guy's voice on the newest Avantasia, I think I should really check out some of his solo stuff.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Yea Tarjas album was horrible. Jorn made this song good now and yes you should just pick up all his studio albums. His first album the production is so so but the songs are great.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:47 pm

I kept forgetting to write about this album since I got it many weeks ago.

This album kicks ass! There are some songs that are a little wierd but thats how Jorn is so I can accept them. Then there are songs that are just great and I want to hear them again and again. My version has a cover of the Thin Lizzy song The Sun Goes Down. When I was listening to this whole album it got to the second to last song and for some reason it reminded me in someways of Thin lizzy. Then the bonus track came on and I knew the song sounded familiar and again I thought this is wierd how he's reminding me a lot of Thin Lizzy on this album and then I finally realized this was the cover. He did a great job on this one as well as the Tarja song.

So if you havent picked it up yet I suggest you do. Its a good listen from start to finish.

PostSubject: Re: Jorn - Spirit Black   Jorn - Spirit Black Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jorn - Spirit Black
Page 1 of 1