Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa Empty
PostSubject: Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa   Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:01 am

When I found out Urban Breed was back in the band, I was excited about this new release. I love their first one, "Nosferatu" and thought Michael Boormann just didn't seem to fit on the sophomore release "Book Of The Dead".

Now that I'm listening to "Tabula Rasa", I must say I'm disappointed. Gone are the power metal songs that were dripping with melody and memorability on "Nosferatu". Instead, the band has upped the guitar crunch and veered in a more progressive metal direction. In fact, this album reminds me of Urban Breed's former band Tad Morose.

Anybody else have this and if so, what do you think?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa   Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:04 am

tohostudios wrote:
In fact, this album reminds me of Urban Breed's former band Tad Morose.

Haven't heard the album yet but if it resembles Urban's work with T.M., I'm fine with that...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa   Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:07 am

It's got much more of a prog bent to it than the first two BB albums did. Breed still sounds as great as ever and I do like the crunchy guitar riffs but the songs aren't nearly as memorable IMO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa   Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:52 am

I want your Bloodbound and Tad Morose CDs if you don't need them anymore, Toho! Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa 604261
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa   Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:42 pm

I feel so left behind. I absolutly loved the first album, and wanted the second one badly. But haven't gotten around to buy it yet. And now a third one is laready out there. Darn the economics.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa   Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:09 pm

I loved Nosferatu too which is why I'm so disappointed in this one. All those memorable choruses...right out the window.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa   Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:41 am

I liked Book Of The Dead. I thought the title track was awesome. Cool video too.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa   Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:58 am

Thanks, Toho! Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa 604261
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa   Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodbound - Tabula Rasa
Page 1 of 1