Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Church live.

Go down 
+11
metalken
kmorg
stepcousin
AchrisK
Troublezone
Lurideath
Svengo
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
7thSecond
Rex
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:05 pm

Just picked this up and it scorches. Wayne sounds incredible and the sound is raw, they are fast and very tight. This is metal in '86 and the way it should be. You owe to yourself to get this. Why weren't they huge?
Back to top Go down

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Changing vocalists right about the time they were getting noticed didn't help. Elektra put a lot of push behind the debut and The Dark, both albums were fairly popular in my circle of friends. But quite a few of them didn't like the band after Wayne left.
Back to top Go down

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:19 pm

detuned wrote:
Changing vocalists right about the time they were getting noticed didn't help. Elektra put a lot of push behind the debut and The Dark, both albums were fairly popular in my circle of friends. But quite a few of them didn't like the band after Wayne left.

I remember they used to sell "Blessing In Disguise" at KMart. So the label was behind them a bit, I think. But I agree with the vocalist thing. As soon as they were headed in the right direction, they got rid of Wayne. I would have loved to hear him on Blessing. Man, that would have killed.
Back to top Go down

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Probably right but Mike Howe more then held his own. Human Factor is my favorite disc by them though Wayne is my favorite singer.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Yeah, I'd rather have heard Howe on the first two albums. lol
Back to top Go down

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:28 pm

Quote :
Probably right but Mike Howe more then held his own. Human Factor is my favorite disc by them

Agreed 100%.

I'm not overly nuts about Human Factor, it's OK.
Back to top Go down

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:28 pm

Rex wrote:
Yeah, I'd rather have heard Howe on the first two albums. lol

You pinko commy! Metal Church live. 19976
Back to top Go down

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:34 pm

I can tolerate Howe, but honestly he always annoyed me. I've never been a fan of the high-pitched vocalists. I kept listening to Metal Church because the music was good, but Howe could have left at any time and I would have been perfectly happy.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:36 pm

High pitched vocals? Wayne was much higher pitched then Howe was.
Back to top Go down

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Especially live.
Back to top Go down

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:41 pm

Rex wrote:
High pitched vocals? Wayne was much higher pitched then Howe was.

Wayne sounded like he could rip your face off, he sounded MEAN. Howe sounded like he was straining all the time. For the music I think Wayne was the better fit.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:57 pm

We'll have to agree to disagree here I guess.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:34 pm

They were both great singers but Wayne WAS Metal Church.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:46 pm

I like both Howe and Wayne equally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:55 pm

Howe for me all the way, I have a bootleg CD feat. Howe and it slays, much better than the offical release "Live in Japan", the man could certainly do the early material justce.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:02 pm

That album is amazing. One of my very favorite live albums. Not faked at all, unlike so many "live" albums. Wayne sounds excellent, the band is on fire.

This band is so underrated.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:29 pm

I may be in the minority here but I like all the Metal Church vocalists, even Ronny Munroe.
They all brought something good to the table.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Svengo wrote:
I may be in the minority here but I like all the Metal Church vocalists, even Ronny Munroe.
They all brought something good to the table.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:59 pm

I agree! I like all the Metal Church vocalists. They all brought their own identity.

This live album is fantastic though!
Back to top Go down

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 7:12 pm

David Wayne - R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:04 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
David Wayne - R.I.P.
Amen.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Howe had a much smoother voice than Wayne. Howe's voice fit perfectly on Blessing and Factor. Wayne was perfect for the respective albums he sang on. Howe's voice may be a higher register but Wayne's was shrill and screaching. Ronny is also a good singer that can adapt well with either style.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:27 pm

I have yet to be able to get into any post-Wayne Metal Church. I have listened to Human Factor and Blessing in Disguise, and I just don't like it (so far).

On the other hand I absolutely LOVE the self titled and The Dark.

I'll be looking to get this live album.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:21 am

detuned wrote:

Wayne sounded like he could rip your face off, he sounded MEAN. Howe sounded like he was straining all the time. For the music I think Wayne was the better fit.

I agree with both yer posts, also the one about Howe couldve left at any time and wouldnt be missed. I love Blessing and like Human Factor somewhat but I dont think Howe was anything really special, just good.
I loved Wayne's vocals on the first 2 albums, simply classic. To me there will always be Metal Church mach 1 and then the rest.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:42 am

I think Metal Church became as big as many of the other metal bands out there. Not as big as Metallica and Iron Maiden, but still big enough to get MTV airplay and whatnot. And they were just as big when Human Factor came out, if not even bigger, as they were when The Dark was released.

Metal Church live. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church live.   Metal Church live. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Church live.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next