Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Church - Classic Live

Go down 
+8
Thelemech
Gilbert
Troublezone
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
exact33
Witchfinder
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Metal Church - Classic Live Empty
PostSubject: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Metal Church has a new live album coming out:

Metal Church - Classic Live Metal-church-classic-live-flyer

RAT PAK RECORDS SET TO RELEASE METAL CHURCH “CLASSIC LIVE”
West coast metal veterans Metal Church will release “Classic Live” via Rat Pak Records on April 28, 2017. Produced by Kurdt Vanderhoof, this special edition release features nine classic Metal Church songs recorded live on their 2016 tour and also includes a special bonus track; a powerful new studio version of “Fake Healer” that features a duet with Queensryche vocalist Todd La Torre.

Comments guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof; “This album not only commemorates the reunion between Mike and the band, but it also pays tribute to some of the more popular songs of that era. It’s really cool to see so many old fans and new fans of all ages enjoying these classics as we perform them live, so it only made sense to release this”. Mike Howe adds “It’s an honor to be back and it makes me very happy to see that almost 3 decades later, fans are still enjoying these songs!”

On the subject of the “Fake Healer” duet with Todd, Mike Howe comments, “The idea came from the owner of our label Rat Pak Records (Joe). It was his idea to record this as a duet with Todd. It’s an amazing version and I think fans will be very surprised at how good it sounds!"

Queensryche singer Todd La Torre further comments, "Having been a fan of Metal Church since my early teens, never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined that the great Mike Howe would re-join the band! Getting the opportunity to record a duet to the track Fake Healer was beyond amazing!”

Official release date for Metal Church "Classic Live" is Friday, April 28, 2017.

TRACK LISTING:
01. Beyond the Black (Live)
02. Date with Poverty (Live)
03. Gods of a Second Chance (Live)
04. In Mourning (Live)
05. Watch the Children Pray (Live)
06. Start the Fire (Live)
07. No Friend of Mine (Live)
08. Badlands (Live)
09. Human Factor (Live)
10. Fake Healer (Bonus Studio Track) featuring Todd La Torre of Queensryche
11. Badlands (2015 Studio Version) **Vinyl version only**

Here's the video for the new version of "Fake Healer" with Todd La Torre:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:11 pm

sounds good. I think both of them sound good together.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:11 pm

I saw this. This is a very cool release with a great track listing. With my lack of interest in live recordings though, I'd doubt I'd ever get it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:31 pm

I might get this, don't usually do too much live but this may be an exception.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 8:28 pm

There's a good chance, with the kind of budget restraints they encounter, that little to none of this is tampered with.

Anyway, here's the Fake Healer track with Todd LaTorre, and it SMOKES:

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Great song, but not performed as well as the original. The tempo is a tad slower and Mike Howe is emphasizing more on the "er" of Healer... like a pirate. It's cool to have Todd involved, but their voices couldn't be more different.

And the video is very strange...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 8:57 pm

As far as the track listing... I think it's missing some of their better songs. I would've liked to hear stuff like Of Unsound Mind, Agent Green, Line of Death and Method to Your Madness.

Despite what I said, I'll probably still get it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 10:26 pm

I am in. I love metal church! Wish they would release a dvd as well.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 10:45 pm

corplhicks wrote:
There's a good chance, with the kind of budget restraints they encounter, that little to none of this is tampered with.

Anyway, here's the Fake Healer track with Todd LaTorre, and it SMOKES:

headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 11:58 pm

This looks really cool - so glad that Howe is back in Metal Church, what a fantastic band they are together.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 1:10 am

Thelemech wrote:
This looks really cool - so glad that Howe is back in Metal Church, what a fantastic band they are together.

Metal Church - Classic Live 25679
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 6:31 am

I generally don't like it when bands re-record their songs because they always sound not quite right. This duet is OK though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 8:07 am

I love Todd, but i gotta admit that Mike is by far better.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 8:28 am

I'm hoping once they get all this touring and promoting out of the way, we can get a new studio release from them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 10:10 am

I like the duet and the creepy video, but it's unlikely I'll be picking this up. It's not something that would get much play time from me.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 10:36 am

Troublezone wrote:
As far as the track listing... I think it's missing some of their better songs. I would've liked to hear stuff like Of Unsound Mind, Agent Green, Line of Death and Method to Your Madness.

I'd like those numbers as well, but really these 9 tracks were it for their tour playlists. From what I understand they rarely pulled out anything extra.

The fact that the never performed Metal Church leaves me scratching my head.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 1:24 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah I was a bit disappointed when I saw them on the last tour and they never played it. Saw them on the Generation Nothing tour with Ronny Monroe and they closed the show with that song and Beyond the Black. Wasn't expecting the same thing on the last tour but if you have a band called metal church, and one of the most kick ass songs ever written with the same name, you gotta play that song.

Far as this new life e CD goes, I'll probably get it, but there is more out there with higher priority right now, so it'll be a while.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah I was a bit disappointed when I saw them on the last tour and they never played it. Saw them on the Generation Nothing tour with Ronny Monroe and they closed the show with that song and Beyond the Black. Wasn't expecting the same thing on the last tour but if you have a band called metal church, and one of the most kick ass songs ever written with the same name, you gotta play that song.

Far as this new life e CD goes, I'll probably get it, but there is more out there with higher priority right now, so it'll be a while.

I kind of wonder if that was the one song Mike couldn't nail? Which would be uncanny since he still has his effective range available--they didn't even downtune on the tour. So I dunno. Someday if I ever run into one of them, I'm just gonna ask.

On a side note--man, that is some really odd and disgusting cover art. I don't care if it's simply lifted from the Fake Healer music video, it's just nasty.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 11:16 pm

I love the cover art. Great and ugly!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 6:32 am

The cover's kinda meh. Pretty much in line with all Metal Church covers although that never really bothered me all that much.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Great song, but not performed as well as the original. The tempo is a tad slower and Mike Howe is emphasizing more on the "er" of Healer... like a pirate. It's cool to have Todd involved, but their voices couldn't be more different.

And the video is very strange...

I have to agree about the emphasis on the "er" part of Healer. It's a little much.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 9:05 pm

Got a reply on Facebook after asking why they left Metal Church off their setlist:

Quote :
Usually it's a time factor thing Shay! We'll try to get it in the set list this year...

Not the greatest explanation but it'll do. I mean, why not change out Start the Fire? Metal Church is just too iconic a track to ignore. It's like if Maiden never performed Number of the Beast when Dickinson reunited but still played Flight of Icarus.

Oh yeah, there's another tour on the way...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 3:43 pm

I just now saw that video, and it's freakin' AMAZING! I can't believe you guys nitpicking.

Metal Church have still got it. A great rendition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - Classic Live   Metal Church - Classic Live Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Church - Classic Live
Page 1 of 1